Krystal^1.5 - based on N97v30 |5800, 5233, 5230, 5530, X6|All RM supported

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello die, If you lost the data files of krystal 1.5 for other variants as your pc is dead, why cant you start krystal 2 directly? You said krustal 2 based on v41 with some interesting mods. We the people like using advanced versions.. So its better to wait for krystal 2 than revised krystal 1.5 As per my point, there are no serious bugs found in existing krystal 1.5. 1. I dont feel battery issue also, it will come to 2 days with normal usage. for heavy usage like hearing song, watching video/movies, browsing etc..battery will come for one day...I think this is normal behavior of the mobile. I am using 5235 RM588 V50.6.2. If another users feel the issue, provide modded files for rofs2.. 2.Also message lagging is not a big deal (if inbox contains more than 4000. For that issue you suggested a way to store them in C) 3.Install server issue---apply patches and install unsigned apps 4.QT issues - I installed some qt applications, they are working fine. i have not tried fmobi..(bcas i don like it) This is my suggestion only..

Download the core v52.0.101 provided on page number 14 of this thread.

Then download the rofs2 file provided at 1st page download section (probably 3rd post)

Check whatz d version number written on rofs2 file. .if its v52.0.007, then rename it to v52.0.101

Flash with these files (not to use navifirm or any external files)

If u face any issue, do mention it here. . .m there to help u always.

Allright.. Installed Krystal^1.5 without any hiccups! (RM-428 -> RM-356 -> Krystal^1.5)  This is great .. hats off to you Die2mrw007!!

Only have barebones Krystal 1.5 and verified that wifi connectivity is working. Haven't explored installing any apps yet. btw .. ovi store now does not show me the app for Facebook any longer  /:)

Allright.. Installed Krystal^1.5 without any hiccups! (RM-428 -> RM-356 -> Krystal^1.5)  This is great .. hats off to you Die2mrw007!!

Only have barebones Krystal 1.5 and verified that wifi connectivity is working. Haven't explored installing any apps yet. btw .. ovi store now does not show me the app for Facebook any longer  /:)

Facebook app has now been changed/updated

Visit m.facebook.com to get the latest official facebook app

Also, u can try fmobi (though its resource hungry. . .will eat up more ram)

And an app called facial. . . .have a look at apps section of this forum :)

Hello die,

If you lost the data files of krystal 1.5 for other variants as your pc is dead, why cant you start krystal 2 directly?

You said krustal 2 based on v41 with some interesting mods.

We the people like using advanced versions..

So its better to wait for krystal 2 than revised krystal 1.5

As per my point, there are no serious bugs found in existing krystal 1.5.

1. I dont feel battery issue also, it will come to 2 days with normal usage. for heavy usage like hearing song, watching video/movies, browsing etc..battery will come for one day...I think this is normal behavior of the mobile.

I am using 5235 RM588 V50.6.2.

If another users feel the issue, provide modded files for rofs2..

2.Also message lagging is not a big deal (if inbox contains more than 4000. For that issue you suggested a way to store them in C)

3.Install server issue---apply patches and install unsigned apps

4.QT issues - I installed some qt applications, they are working fine. i have not tried fmobi..(bcas i don like it)

This is my suggestion only..

Mate, i didnt lost any files. . .its all safe in my hard disk

The matter is: my pc is dead and thus cant work on any sort of thing.

When i get my pc working, i wil release krystal^1.5 for other variants

Then slowly within a month i wil release krystal^2 (any suggestions is welcome)

I need all u guys support :)

Initial observations.. 1. First I installed the FB webapp I got from m.facebook.com .. but later when I checked software update - it showed me an update for FB .. installed that and it's the original FB 5800 app .. works well. 2. Ovi/Nokia Maps, Google Maps working fine. 3. Cannot find a way to add podcasts to the music / podcasting app. 4. Sad to see that the favourite contacts on the home screen do not 'scroll' as they did in 5800 (so only 4 contacts in 1 widget).

Initial observations..

1. First I installed the FB webapp I got from m.facebook.com .. but later when I checked software update - it showed me an update for FB .. installed that and it's the original FB 5800 app .. works well.

2. Ovi/Nokia Maps, Google Maps working fine.

3. Cannot find a way to add podcasts to the music / podcasting app.

4. Sad to see that the favourite contacts on the home screen do not 'scroll' as they did in 5800 (so only 4 contacts in 1 widget).

Podcast function has been removed from this cfw as 99% users dont use it.

The widget structure is based on c6 and n97 design. . .hence you wont be getting ofw features of your original 5800

You can add maximum of two favorite contacts widget each containing 4 contacts in row, . .

Ive searched for where you posted the answer before after you realeased krystal^1 on SPG forum but cannot find any of your CFW listed any more? So I ask again what do you change in the rofs2 to keep the clock/profile/date widget from disappearing when you swipe the screen?

Ive searched for where you posted the answer before after you realeased krystal^1 on SPG forum but cannot find any of your CFW listed any more?

So I ask again what do you change in the rofs2 to keep the clock/profile/date widget from disappearing when you swipe the screen?

I am no more a part of spg due to some conflicts there with the admin kid rohit.

For preventing the clock widget to stay there:

Go to

Rofs/private/200159c0/install/profile/hsps/00/widgetconfiguration.xml

Open this xml file with notepad

Change the value removable = true to false :)

Then save and repack the rofs. . .flash :)

I am no more a part of spg due to some conflicts there with the admin kid rohit.

Go to

thanks for that info...... i was looking for that... :D :D :D +1

Go to

+1 thanks

A few things i notice that are not as good as Krystal^1-based on N97v30 are-

opening contacts lags (2-3 secs to open)

swipe to the right screen blacks out for 1-2 secs, swipe to the left no problem (I havent applied your change to keep clock widget yet, will update when i have applied change)

then calendar doesn't show the days of the week in the month view (if you rotate to left & rotate back they appear), Krystal^1-based on N97v30 was the only CFW I found that didnt have this problem

The lock screen doesnt always work (screen goes of then comes back on again dimmed, i never had this problem with Krystal^1-based on N97v30)

If you put the Apps, games or office menus in landscape the icons go miniture

I think that the effects look good but they slow the motion of the phone down compared to your previous CFW

+1 thanks

swipe to the right screen blacks out for 1-2 secs, swipe to the left no problem (I havent applied your change to keep clock widget yet, will update when i have applied change)

then calendar doesn't show the days of the week in the month view (if you rotate to left & rotate back they appear), Krystal^1-based on N97v30 was the only CFW I found that didnt have this problem

The lock screen doesnt always work (screen goes of then comes back on again dimmed, i never had this problem with Krystal^1-based on N97v30)

I think that the effects look good but they slow the motion of the phone down compared to your previous CFW

Which theme do u use, i dont have that issue with fixed krystal 1.5 from firts post. Everything else is normal. Try to reflash your phone

Krystal^1.5 For 5800 RM-356: www.multiupload.com/CJMRLOXMAF

Flashed successfully.

1. When connected to PC, Ovi Suite recognises it as C6 instead of N97 so unable to install Mail for Exchange and your software update for this also not working.

2. Earlier it was flashed with Photon C6-04 so when connected with ovi suite now also it shows photon instead of Krystal 1.5!

Otherwise no problems. Good CFW. Thanks.

Flashed successfully.

1. When connected to PC, Ovi Suite recognises it as C6 instead of N97 so unable to install Mail for Exchange and your software update for this also not working.

2. Earlier it was flashed with Photon C6-04 so when connected with ovi suite now also it shows photon instead of Krystal 1.5!

for photon to krystal 1.5 bluetooth name just delete and re-pair on pc

Flashed successfully.

Its not the cfw issue. . .u wil need to re-instal pc suite. Pc suite saves the info and hardware id of ur phone to pc. So, when u instal new cfw, it wil stil show the previous info as ur phone hardware id is same as previous. The only solution is to remove all the driver details frm device manager or else re-instal pc suite

+1 thanks

You are adviced to re-flash ur device.

@die2mrw007....checking forum after long tym....so ur krystal^1.5 relaunched for 5233 or not? and i hope you have not mind about ma previous cmnt :)

Hey :)

Why u saying so? I never get annoyed at anythng. . .i am a keen listener

Btw, my pc is still not revived :(

It wil take 2-3 more days i suppose