[Tutorial] Create your own Custom Firmware!

Guest prayaas1998

open siscontents....select new package >> navigate to "Contents" Tab >> select "add new entry" >> select the mif file >> double click on it :)

Awesome! You rock! :-bd

1 more question! :P

When I press *#0000# all of the info comes, Do you know how to edit it?? Please reply me soon. I'm making cfw for my own, I just want to impress my family and friends, won't be publishing it here or anywhere on internet, coz all I have done is used your Icons, Equilibrium as base  :D

I just changed splashscreens, general profile name, swipe to unlock text. Just this one last help, and then I'll compile and reflash my fone! Please help me ASAP!! :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I press *#0000# all of the info comes, Do you know how to edit it?? Please reply me soon. I'm making cfw for my own, I just want to impress my family and friends, won't be publishing it here or anywhere on internet, coz all I have done is used your Icons, Equilibrium as base  :D

I just changed splashscreens, general profile name, swipe to unlock text. Just this one last help, and then I'll compile and reflash my fone! Please help me ASAP!! :)

rofs2/resource/versions edit txt files

Your answer is here:

rofs2/resource/versions edit txt files

And yeah, we hope you make one cfw from scratch soon :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys I need one more help....

wher to change default bluetooth name and i want a folder from which gallery shud not read..

for gallery folder hide mode, edit the file 200009FE.txt under private folder, if u want paste the file here, and the folder u want to hide and i'll do it for u

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Prayaas, I'm trying to mod on my own from an OFW of RM-356 V60 base on your tutorial... My questions are.., 1. How do I get rid off the original default tones @ sound and put my own tones... I've went through every folders on Rofs2, Rofs3 and Uda. It seems like there are no Sound folder in any of them. 2. After using Nokia FW Cleaner 3.0 to get rid off all those unused default Applications.., that's including all the .mif, .rsc, .exe and so on, why is it, after flashing it, there are still weird icons on the phone with those names of icon which I've deleted earlier..? as a matter of facts, there are also names of those weird icons which I've not known..,  I would be glad if you could help or assists or maybe lead me to any tutorial regarding it. I thanked you very much in advance for any help from you and thank you for the Great Tutorial up there... another plus 1 for you for the great efforts. Regards, nassershah. Dont quote huge posts with lots of images. Post edited. // Xtreme.Infinity

Hi Prayaas,

I'm trying to mod on my own from an OFW of RM-356 V60 base on your tutorial...

My questions are..,

1. How do I get rid off the original default tones @ sound and put my own tones... I've went through every folders on Rofs2, Rofs3 and Uda. It seems like there are no Sound folder in any of them.

2. After using Nokia FW Cleaner 3.0 to get rid off all those unused default Applications.., that's including all the .mif, .rsc, .exe and so on, why is it, after flashing it, there are still weird icons on the phone with those names of icon which I've deleted earlier..? as a matter of facts, there are also names of those weird icons which I've not known..,  I would be glad if you could help or assists or maybe lead me to any tutorial regarding it. I thanked you very much in advance for any help from you and thank you for the Great Tutorial up there... another plus 1 for you for the great efforts.

Regards,

nassershah.

Dont quote huge posts with lots of images.

Post edited. // Xtreme.Infinity

1. The sound files are present in rofs2/data/sounds/

2. Some files might not be getting deleted via the Nokia FW cleaner tool....You just check the path in that tool and do remove all those files manually (though a bit hefty task)

hello.. can i edit my cfw rofs2 with nokia cooker n add my apps!! i edited my cfw rofs2 & made some changes & pre-install some apps & then press save button.. after that i opened the image folder in nokia cooker's dir & find my new rofs2 as "ROFS.ROM". I renamed it as my core n started flashing using jaf. but when i press flash button a error message appear as "flash files corrupted" can u explain me whats wrong with this :-? :-?

hello..

can i edit my cfw rofs2 with nokia cooker n add my apps!!

i edited my cfw rofs2 & made some changes & pre-install some apps & then press save button..

after that i opened the image folder in nokia cooker's dir & find my new rofs2 as "ROFS.ROM". I renamed it as my core n started flashing using jaf.

but when i press flash button a error message appear as "flash files corrupted"

can u explain me whats wrong with this :-? :-?

can you list the names of all the files you using to flash? guess some naming error

• 2 weeks later...

hello..

can i edit my cfw rofs2 with nokia cooker n add my apps!!

i edited my cfw rofs2 & made some changes & pre-install some apps & then press save button..

after that i opened the image folder in nokia cooker's dir & find my new rofs2 as "ROFS.ROM". I renamed it as my core n started flashing using jaf.

but when i press flash button a error message appear as "flash files corrupted"

can u explain me whats wrong with this :-? :-?

did u click "save firmware" directly??..there is an option to save as rom..maybe u accidentally clicked that