Gizmolord v4.0 for Pantech Burst - Discontinued

CrackUC

Is Gizmolord Rom best Custom Rom for Pantech Burst ?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Is Gizmolord Rom best Custom Rom for Pantech Burst ?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Switched to Stock ICS ROM, it works. Switched to ICS Stock Lite, also works. This problem with contacts was the only reason why I didn't stay with Gizmoworld v4.0 RC7, :-(.

well , It never worked for me :/ But I believe if you are saying I might be wrong also . I'll look into that in RC9 surely . but release has a little time left so :/ . You can sync contacts to google and than switch the rom simply :D . I also do the same :D . on whatever rom I am AOKP , paranoid or CM10 or my own  . Just sync the contacts and get them :D . its sily to stick to stock just for that problem :D .

Hi, can you tell me how to what dows I need to install this room?

-Pc suit (for drivers)

-Cellphone rooted

-This room

What else?

Well Instructions are written in first page also :D

## Installation Procedure ##

-Make you bootloader unlocked from this Guide : - unlock Pantech Burst's bootloader

-place the zip in root of your SD card .

-Boot into recovery.

-Go to Mounts and storage and select format /system

-select install zip from SD card .

-select the zip.

-Wipe data/factory Reset

-Clear dalvik cache

-mount /system from mounts and storage.

-first boot will take sometime .

Bro i am talking about headphones only any way can u plz suggest me any good musik player with loud sound?

and ya my phone is heating and juicing my battery while using in 4g mode is there any way out to fix it ? :-/

You can Google for the best Music Players for Android.

If it's in 4G mode, it's definitely gonna heat. Every phone has the same. It'll heat even in 3G mode. So I suggest you to keep in 2G mode and change when necessary.

Hi everyone! I just got my Pantech Burst today and I'm ready to change the room. The problem I'm having is that my phone won't recognize my SD card. When I first put it in my phone said "SD card damaged". I took it out and reformatted it on my computer. After putting it back in the phone it didn't mount. After that I just decided to take it out and put it back in my computer again. I placed the GBBoot folder onto the SD card so I could unlock the bootloader before attempting to flash. I placed the SD card back into the phone and restarted my phone in CWM mode. When I tried to install zip from the sd it said "Error, external SD can't be mounted", or something like that. I was like . . . NO. Is it possible to flash this rom without an SD card?

Also posted on XDA - no response there yet...Thanks. ------------------------ I am a newbie, converted recently from iOS and WP7.5, and have been trolling through these forums for the last 3 days. Great to see this helpful community! So I got a Pantech Burst, with AT&T bloatware on ICS 4.04, and followed the instructions above to root it. Kernel ver is 3.0.8-perf, build # IMM76I Unfortunately, after rooting, I was removing the AT&T stuff and I may have accidentally deleted something to do with Contacts (I still see the APK file) - so now Contacts does not open, and is not allowing my dialer to open. I can sync gmail, but syncing to Contacts in gmail or Exchange gives an error (Sync is not available etc.) and I get the standard "Unfortunately Contacts has stopped" on the dialer. I tried to go back to stock, by using the Pantech upgrade to ICS tool, but it says I am on the latest version and does not give an option to re-install. Questions: 1. Can I fix the Contacts? If not, is there a way to trick teh version number, so that I can re-install stock? Will that re-install the file I may have deleted? 2. I saw the post above for reducing the data speed to 2G using Widgetsoid - I downloaded it, but don't see any menu with widgets in it (the screen shots above don't match the latest one I just got from Play). When I open the Apps folder on the Pantech, I get 5 screens of installed app, but there is no tab for widgets. Any help (urgently needed) would be appreciated. Am at work, so email would be quicker: rajbhandari at gmail. Thanks again! Raj

Also posted on XDA - no response there yet...Thanks.

------------------------

I am a newbie, converted recently from iOS and WP7.5, and have been trolling through these forums for the last 3 days. Great to see this helpful community!

So I got a Pantech Burst, with AT&T bloatware on ICS 4.04, and followed the instructions above to root it. Kernel ver is 3.0.8-perf, build # IMM76I

Unfortunately, after rooting, I was removing the AT&T stuff and I may have accidentally deleted something to do with Contacts (I still see the APK file) - so now Contacts does not open, and is not allowing my dialer to open. I can sync gmail, but syncing to Contacts in gmail or Exchange gives an error (Sync is not available etc.) and I get the standard "Unfortunately Contacts has stopped" on the dialer.

I tried to go back to stock, by using the Pantech upgrade to ICS tool, but it says I am on the latest version and does not give an option to re-install.

Questions:

1. Can I fix the Contacts? If not, is there a way to trick teh version number, so that I can re-install stock? Will that re-install the file I may have deleted?

2. I saw the post above for reducing the data speed to 2G using Widgetsoid - I downloaded it, but don't see any menu with widgets in it (the screen shots above don't match the latest one I just got from Play). When I open the Apps folder on the Pantech, I get 5 screens of installed app, but there is no tab for widgets.

Any help (urgently needed) would be appreciated. Am at work, so email would be quicker: rajbhandari at gmail. Thanks again!

Raj

just flash some recovery and flash a custom rom . Or get contacts.apk and contactsprovider.apk from stock and paste in /system/app through any file manager with / rw.

Installed gizmolord 4.0 RC 7 rom and at first faced problems with crashing browser, launcher extra. In 2nd try followed procedure mentioned on the first page of this forum and things are a lot better now. I think instructions on xda are not updated yet. Kudos to hard work of the people for this rom. And thanks a lot for sharing its fruits. Small suggestion, as mentioned earlier by other member toggle buttons in notification panel are too big and poorly designed, may be by Pantech ifself. Would recommend and like to have them removed all-together. Widgetsoid app is thousand times better implemented, designed and customized. @rajb12, i had identical problem which u are facing. And would recommend u to flash this rom. Use Pantech Hack kit available on web. It roots and installs custom recovery automatically.

wow its nice instalation guide : after rooting your pantech devicep9070 1:switchoff 2:press volume button and power button simultaneously 3:you will see recovery of rom tools in burst(blue screen with option) 4:select install rom from SD card (browse it to the file) 5:install 6:wipe data factory seeting in recovery mode (after rom installed) 7:then wipe darwin catch 6:Then mount the boot 7:reeboot Enjoy ITS simple dont woory of getting struct in between redo you can recover Warning:KEEP BATTERY %at least 60 before start enjoyguys:-)