Gizmolord v4.0 for Pantech Burst - Discontinued

CrackUC

Is Gizmolord Rom best Custom Rom for Pantech Burst ?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Is Gizmolord Rom best Custom Rom for Pantech Burst ?

• Yes
    • No

4th time I installing this ROM, just switching back from CM10, and I'm using.......

Actually CM10 is in beta stage,  many video issues are there due to graphics driver problem for andreno 220 (CM10 for burst).

Frequent freezes can be seen,  its gud that till stable update, u stick with Gizmolord.  :)

U can create nandroid backups from cwm to swap roms with apps installed.  ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, This ROM is great! I got a few problems though: Some Google Play Store App pictures don't show, Contacts force close when importing contacts from SIM. But the one I really care about is ever since I installed the ROM, Ive tried several browsers but it doesn't let me connect to shortlinks anymore such as adf.ly and bit.ly. I hope you an assist me in fixing this problem, thanks. :confused:

Alright, This ROM is great! I got a few problems though: Some Google Play Store App pictures don't show, Contacts force close when importing contacts from SIM. But the one I really care about is ever since I installed the ROM, Ive tried several browsers but it doesn't let me connect to shortlinks anymore such as adf.ly and bit.ly. I hope you an assist me in fixing this problem, thanks. :confused:

sorry for that short link thingy :( Do this

Delete this file

/system/etc/hosts

Hi :) i installed this to my friend's burst,  no problems at the moment, i have a question, is there any problem with AOSP contacts?? what do u recommend the RC7 ??? Thanks

and.. how can i remove the carrier name from the notification Bar??? Thanks :)

no idea about carrier name . I recommend RC7 .

no idea about carrier name . I recommend RC7 .

i mean Why, not What, its my mistake,

With RC7 the phone reboot 2 times when i didn't use it, (note: i dont say the ROM its the problem, i just wonder if is there any BUG of RC7 that reboots the  phone)

the AOSP contacts of RC8 sounds great, RC8 have bugs???

i mean Why, not What, its my mistake,

With RC7 the phone reboot 2 times when i didn't use it, (note: i dont say the ROM its the problem, i just wonder if is there any BUG of RC7 that reboots the  phone)

the AOSP contacts of RC8 sounds great, RC8 have bugs???

Actually pantech did something in framework that doesn't completely allows us to use AOSP contacts and phone  . I somehow made it work . It doesn't work well fully . Thats why I don't recommend . And re-flash rom with formatting /system,/data,/cache . I gurantee there will be no reboot issues . 

Thanks a lot, i will reflash the rom, but i should say when i flashed this ROM i did everything same as the directions, still i need to reflash it?? thanks :) and i have to say, thats reboots begins after i change the bootanimation.zip, i  put another and its good, but the reboots happened after that, is there any problem with change the bootanimation.zip ?? its the same resolution....  thanks :)

Thanks a lot, i will reflash the rom,

but i should say when i flashed this ROM i did everything same as the directions, still i need to reflash it?? thanks :)

and i have to say, thats reboots begins after i change the bootanimation.zip, i  put another and its good, but the reboots happened after that, is there any problem with change the bootanimation.zip ?? its the same resolution....  thanks :)

reboot thingy is not with boot animation bro :) for Wateva reason its happening but atleast not because of bootanimation I can say .

Thanks to everybody!! i have a question, the pantech its not mine, its from my friend and... i say to my whole family "hey buy the pantech its only 115 new at ebay" and... the only cell that i test its the pantech of my friend (the others phones, still are in transit) and my question is How much long last the battery? (the hours of battery, duration) my friend only last 18hrs with less than  3hrs of display, is there any problem ?? we will test the Better Battery Stats tomorrow, its that normal? or its an app problem? its only 10 days old.... and i already calibrate the battery, and he uses almost nothing the 3g/4g, your pantech has more battery ??? Thanks :)

Thanks to everybody!!

i have a question, the pantech its not mine, its from my friend and... i say to my whole family "hey buy the pantech its only 115 new at ebay" and...

the only cell that i test its the pantech of my friend (the others phones, still are in transit) and my question is

How much long last the battery? (the hours of battery, duration)

my friend only last 18hrs with less than  3hrs of display, is there any problem ??

we will test the Better Battery Stats tomorrow, its that normal? or its an app problem?

its only 10 days old.... and i already calibrate the battery, and he uses almost nothing the 3g/4g,

your pantech has more battery ??? Thanks :)

On 2G with avg useage 1.5 days . On 3G with same usuage is 1 day  . Rest everything is less .

Avg. usage for me was

-2 hours of videoplayback at 640P

-15-25 minutes of temple run

-30 minutes of calling in whole day . With minimum brightness and no background apps running .

HELP!!1 i want to remove the carrier name from the status bar, and i tried to decompile the SystemUI.apk and give me an error, i tried with multitoolapk and apktool, i cant edit the Status_Bar.xml  that file not decompile propertly and the others files do, can you help me?? Thanks a Lot EDIT: i need to decompile framework first, so i have a question, at different pages i have seen tut for remove that, they said i need to modify text at staus_bar.xml and that xml dont have text, msim_status_bar.xml have text, so.. what file need to edit? :) thanks

HELP!!1

i want to remove the carrier name from the status bar, and i tried to decompile the SystemUI.apk and give me an error, i tried with multitoolapk and apktool, i cant edit the Status_Bar.xml  that file not decompile propertly and the others files do, can you help me?? Thanks a Lot

EDIT: i need to decompile framework first, so i have a question, at different pages i have seen tut for remove that, they said i need to modify text at staus_bar.xml and that xml dont have text, msim_status_bar.xml have text, so.. what file need to edit? :) thanks

well different tuts correspond to different phones and different frameworks . I can't comment on that bro. Also Try to find out yourself with something similiar text or meaning . you'll find it :D .

well different tuts correspond to different phones and different frameworks . I can't comment on that bro. Also Try to find out yourself with something similiar text or meaning . you'll find it :D .

thanks for the spirits jajajajaja

i have modified a few things but nothing of that changes the damm carrier jajajjaa, i keep trying bro.

Thanks

Man... it should be this??

<LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:id="@id/notificationTrigger" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent">

<com.android.systemui.statusbar.tablet.HoloClock android:id="@id/clock" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginLeft="8.0dip" android:layout_marginRight="4.0dip" android:layout_marginBottom="3.0dip">

<TextView android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Clock" android:textSize="40.0sp" android:id="@id/time_solid" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" />

</com.android.systemui.statusbar.tablet.HoloClock>

<TextView android:textSize="16.0sp" android:textColor="#ff606060" android:gravity="center" android:id="@id/network_text" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_marginLeft="6.0dip" android:layout_marginRight="6.0dip" android:singleLine="true" />

<LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/signal_battery_cluster" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_marginRight="16.0dip">

<include android:id="@id/signal_cluster" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" layout="@layout/signal_cluster_view" />

<ImageView android:id="@id/bluetooth" android:paddingLeft="4.0dip" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />

<ImageView android:id="@id/battery" android:paddingLeft="4.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />

</LinearLayout>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im curious as well as to how to install this rom. I have the bootloader unlocked. I followed the steps, but it hangs on the gizmolord animation. the capacitive buttons light up on the bottom after about 30 seconds but it doesnt go any further. Any other ideas?

IDK . It boots for eveyone else. Maybe you didn't followed steps correctly . Wipe data and cache is necessary .

Does it matter if the ROM in installed from my SD card or internal storage? I installed internally. My steps were: Full wipe (data/cache, cache, dalvic) Flash bootloader unlock Flash ROM Full wipe again Mount system Reboot But then after I hit reboot after a full wipe it says root was possibly broken and yes or no if I want to fix. I've tried both with the same results. If I just wipe dalvic after I flash the ROM it doesn't ask that. But still hangs at the animation. And never boots.

• 1 month later...