How exactly is C6/N97 being ported to other S60v5 devices ?

Hello Everyone !! The topic subject says everything. I just want to know the process in which Team PNHT 1st ported C6 to other S60v5 devices ?? Or how other great modders like binh24, die2mrw007 or mara are porting C6 to other devices ?? What r the basic things we need to know to achieve this ? If anybody here have any knowledge on this, plz explain a bit in this thread. @die, can u plz ?? atleast the basic things. :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Everyone !!

The topic subject says everything.

I just want to know the process in which Team PNHT 1st ported C6 to other S60v5 devices ??

Or how other great modders like binh24, die2mrw007 or mara are porting C6 to other devices ??

What r the basic things we need to know to achieve this ?

If anybody here have any knowledge on this, plz explain a bit in this thread.

@die, can u plz ?? atleast the basic things. :)

c6 was i think ported by adonix by some unlocker kinda here was a discussion earlier on this at dM!

I m working on this project,.,.,,,, i have made N97 port for  C5-03 ....... and Files are also Uploaded.......... Files Link also given to different Beta-testers....... Report will be got Today Or Tomorrw...... If this became Successful Until Bootup......... Then ,..... I will be getting Success in Porting... :yahoo: :yahoo:

I m working on this project,.,.,,,,

i have made N97 port for  C5-03 .......

and Files are also Uploaded..........

Files Link also given to different Beta-testers.......

Report will be got Today Or Tomorrw......

If this became Successful Until Bootup......... Then ,..... I will be getting Success in Porting... :yahoo: :yahoo:

My hope is less about its success ..

btw how did u do it ..?

can u tell me ..?

Porting now in the year 2012 is much easier than than in 2010 where tools are not available publicly. Nokia firmware file format was parsed and tools were made by PNHT team . Mr.Socio was also working on nokiacooker at the same time. Initially  phones were hacked to install te applications with out certificate. whwen 5800 v 40 it was difficult to hack by Hello-ox tool. That is the time C6-01 was released . This phone was less varied with 5800 in hardware and software profiles. Porting was done by two stages. First part. 1. To make modding easier ROFS1 was removed from the core and ROFS3 was added. 2.ROF1 AND ROFS2 was combine for editing. 3.Core partion table , check sums were adjusted in core .Erase areas were adjusted in ROFS2 . Second part 1.To make C6 firmware files working in 5800 a group of files from the C6 were added to 5800 and 5800 identity were maintained also. 2.The list of files you can refer Mr.Gourav200 thread in anoother forum. I can answer any questions about part one ....

Porting now in the year 2012 is much easier than than in 2010 where tools are not available publicly.

Nokia firmware file format was parsed and tools were made by PNHT team .

Mr.Socio was also working on nokiacooker at the same time.

Initially  phones were hacked to install te applications with out certificate.

whwen 5800 v 40 it was difficult to hack by Hello-ox tool.

That is the time C6-01 was released .

This phone was less varied with 5800 in hardware and software profiles.

Porting was done by two stages.

First part.

1. To make modding easier ROFS1 was removed from the core and ROFS3 was added.

2.ROF1 AND ROFS2 was combine for editing.

3.Core partion table , check sums were adjusted in core .Erase areas were adjusted in ROFS2 .

Second part

1.To make C6 firmware files working in 5800 a group of files from the C6 were added to 5800 and 5800 identity were maintained also.

2.The list of files you can refer Mr.Gourav200 thread in anoother forum.

I can answer any questions about part one ....

Ya.... very correct....

thanx vizhi .. Got a little idea on porting .. Can u plz explain the part one stage completely ? How can we differentiate between the ROFS1 & core files so that we can take the ROFS1 apart from the core and combine it with rofs2 ?? And how the bootloader of 5800 works for the C6 firmware ? Isn't the uboot (which contains the bootloader) modified to boot C6 fw successfully ?

thanx vizhi ..

Got a little idea on porting ..

Can u plz explain the part one stage completely ?

How can we differentiate between the ROFS1 & core files so that we can take the ROFS1 apart from the core and combine it with rofs2 ??

And how the bootloader of 5800 works for the C6 firmware ? Isn't the uboot (which contains the bootloader) modified to boot C6 fw successfully ?

bootloader played no part in ports

core has rofs1 +rom+uboot.exe

with nfe when you extract core you'll get rofs1..what pnht did WAs extracted rofs1..& other things were kept in core ,,

no tools to edit rom / uboot

btw in porting at that time rom convertor played imp role too ...c6 fw is filled with such converted rom files ..

bootloader played no part in ports

core has rofs1 +rom+uboot.exe

with nfe when you extract core you'll get rofs1..what pnht did WAs extracted rofs1..& other things were kept in core ,,

no tools to edit rom / uboot

btw in porting at that time rom convertor played imp role too ...c6 fw is filled with such converted rom files ..

so the rom & uboot.exe are same for 5800 and C6 ??? Is this the reason how we can flash blaze cfw with c6 repartitioned core successfully ?

And i didn't get the rom convertor part ...What r the converted rom files included in c6 port ??

And how fw files differ according to the hardware ??

I am asking all these bcoz i want to kno what should i do to flash my 5230 with nokia 500 fw files and i want to see what ll happen to my 5230 if i do so because there is nt much difference between hardwares of nokia 500 and other s60v5 devices ...

Anyhow if this is impossible, plz don't ignore this and make me be clear about the porting concept ..

Yeah that's exactly how we can use c6 port core for ofw fw's like blaze... Rom files are hidden in core part files like dlls exes starting with 11xxxxxx.dll or 100xxxxx.dll you can see diff by doing this : get rp+ romdump of ofw extract all files by aRomAt and compare those files with c6 port rofs2 files ...files from romdump ll be present in c6 port rofs2.. rom files directly won't work by copying to rofsx..phone ll brick ..they need to be converted to epoc first ..alternately is to make a rompatcher patch .. And I d k about v5 running belle ..fonix was pretty confident that even Android would run on v5 ..don't know much further

so the rom & uboot.exe are same for 5800 and C6 ??? Is this the reason how we can flash blaze cfw with c6 repartitioned core successfully ?

And i didn't get the rom convertor part ...What r the converted rom files included in c6 port ??

I am asking all these bcoz i want to kno what should i do to flash my 5230 with nokia 500 fw files and i want to see what ll happen to my 5230 if i do so because there is nt much difference between hardwares of nokia 500 and other s60v5 devices ...

Anyhow if this is impossible, plz don't ignore this and make me be clear about the porting concept ..

hmm... ur Idea is Quite good...

But as per my knowledge....... S^3 and s60v5 have different Bootloaders........ and Mainly OS Difference......

But Giving worth Try will let us know the things....

SO.....Carry on..

When you port C6 to 5800 1. The 5800 core is only repartitioned. 2.C 6 core is never used in 5800 flashing 3.C6 ROFS1 files were  used in 5800 CFW . 4.Hence no question of C6 boot loader used in 5800 5.Even the core was repartitioned to mod the ROFS1 files conveniently since they are present in the core. 6.Most of porting was done by Hex edit in the initial period because of non availability of tools that time. 7.Even unlock of ROFS1 where attributes are changed from 2B to 2c was not known to anyone that time. 8 .To avoid the hash check during flashing the attributes are changed to 2A or 2C or 2D . 9.This was dicovered by unknown chineese friend and now in use, 10. Now apart from core partition the Cdrive expansion and  UDA file F16.img size changing also possible now for CPU 600Mhz version phones. 11. For core partition there is a thread by me in this forum and a thread in DM by Writz  ( Nokiafirmware file format ) where i have posted the basic details too.Mr.Il.Socio contibuted a lot in tat thread.

Converted Rom files are basically the executables Or to say the compiled output.

There is nothing like C6 repartioned core or N97 repartitioned core or Ofw repartitioned Core. All are one and the same. It is simply to call them as "repartitioned core"

You can flash any sort of rofs2 to the repartitioned core but limited to maintain the rofs2 structure and size.

You will never be able to port S^3 to s60v5 at any cost. It isnt simply because of hardware compatibility but also due to 80% difference in firmware structure. The complete S^3 libraries are occupied by QT related stuffs and other packages. The multiple homescreen itself is based on QT in my study.

CodeRus released his ROM converter which isnt that good as Adonix. But adonix never realeased his tool to public.