How exactly is C6/N97 being ported to other S60v5 devices ?

Converted Rom files are basically the executables Or to say the compiled output.

There is nothing like C6 repartioned core or N97 repartitioned core or Ofw repartitioned Core. All are one and the same. It is simply to call them as "repartitioned core"

You can flash any sort of rofs2 to the repartitioned core but limited to maintain the rofs2 structure and size.

You will never be able to port S^3 to s60v5 at any cost. It isnt simply because of hardware compatibility but also due to 80% difference in firmware structure. The complete S^3 libraries are occupied by QT related stuffs and other packages. The multiple homescreen itself is based on QT in my study.

CodeRus released his ROM converter which isnt that good as Adonix. But adonix never realeased his tool to public.

eVERYTHING IS Correct........ As I also know this already.....

BTW....... I think the tool will be in public but we r not  able to find it

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanx to everyone ..got some idea about porting .. @die, i already mentioned that even its impossible to port belle to s^1, i just want to be clear in porting concept :P @Vizhi, i still didn't get the 5th point..i.e Even the core was repartitioned to mod the " ROFS1 files conveniently since they are present in the core." can u plz explain a little more ?

thanx to everyone ..got some idea about porting ..

@die, i already mentioned that even its impossible to port belle to s^1, i just want to be clear in porting concept :P

@Vizhi, i still didn't get the 5th point..i.e Even the core was repartitioned to mod the "

ROFS1 files conveniently since they are present in

the core."

can u plz explain a little more ?

it means that to mod ROFS1 u must take it out from the core.

The Core was repartitioned and ROFS1 was taken out from it so that ROFS1 can be modified/modded easily wdout effecting the CORE itself :)

I am asking all these bcoz i want to kno what should i do to flash my 5230 with nokia 500 fw files and i want to see what ll happen to my 5230 if i do so because there is nt much difference between hardwares of nokia 500 and other s60v5 devices ...

Sorry to interrupt you but the major hardware diff is a 1Ghz processor to a 600Mhz processor downclocked to 434Mhz :D

Another major difference is a 256mb RAM to a 128mb ram :P

Its worth a try..but waste of time :)

Here is the screen shot of RM-356_52.0.101_prd.core.C0r opened in o10 Hex editor

Posted Image

The core capacity table is marked in RED in core file on the left.

I just pasted the capacity table details also on the right side to understand easier.

The capacity table in on the right  and  coloumn heading is to be read as below

coloumn1 = Name  (ROM )

coloumn2  = Start address ( 00080000 )

coloumn3  = size (029E0000)

coloumn4  = End address. ( 02A60000)

The rows are  Hexa decimal values ( 00080000 )  , Bytes  ( 524288 ) and In Mb (0.500)

ROM capacity = 41.875 Mb

ROFS Capacity = 116.00 Mb

Z drive Maximum capacity = 158.375 Mb

UDA capacity = 88.75 Mb

The ROM capacity 41.875 Mb consists of UBOT (2.23 mb ) ,ROM  (28.7 mb ) and  flash loaders , keys  ( about 11Mb ) etc.

This 41.875 Mb can not be modified....

what can be modified is  the 116.0 Mb which is nothing but ROFS1+ROFS2+ROFS3  = ROFSN ----

For cpu 600 Mhz versions  one step ahead  can be done .

The C drive expansion is done by reducing te ROFSN capacity and by increasing the user capacity.

From the calculation picture on the top  as a example

You can play between    41.875 and 248.375 .  The total capacity available is 206.375.

If you reduce the ROFSN capacity , you need to ADJUST  the  ROFSN erase areas in the core and  erase areas in UDA too.

You need to increase FAT16.IMG size in the UDA too.

ok got it vizhi .. so if we extract the rofs1 from core then we also need to change the partition size of core n rofs2 in the .c00 file using hex editor ...right ? and only the .c00 file contains the info about capacity table or the rofs2 file also contains the capacity info ..? btw how to know which values in the hex editor represent the capacity table ?? how did u kno the hex values reprentating the capacity table and marked it in a red rectangular box as shown in the above picture ?? and as u told that in 600 Mhz cpu versions we can increase the uda size by decreasing the ROFSN size, so my question is can we do the reverse ? i mean can we increase the ROFSN size by decreasing the USER capacity ? and why UDA size can't be increased in CPUs less than 600 Mhz ??

Sorry for Offtopic : but

I really like This topic ....as i got More About Porting.....and partitioning...

+1 to lrajesh and All Who have Replied to this topic

+1 to u too pavan ..

Now i m thinking just to give a try ..

Using nfe0706 we can compare between the rom files of rm-750 (nokia 500) and rm-588 (nokia 5230) ...if the rom files r same then no doubt my 5230 will boot with rofsn files of 500 ..

But we have to modify the structure also according to the structure of 5230 rofs ...n maintain the size too ..so a complete hectic job ..

This is just an idea ...i kno its quite impossible ..but why shouldn't we give a try ?

And yes i too got lots of knowledge on partitioning by staring this thread ...special thanx to vizhi ..

+1 to u too pavan ..

Using nfe0706 we can compare between the rom files of rm-750 (nokia 500) and rm-588 (nokia 5230) ...if the rom files r same then no doubt my 5230 will boot with rofsn files of 500 ..

But we have to modify the structure also according to the structure of 5230 rofs ...n maintain the size too ..so a complete hectic job ..

This is just an idea ...i kno its quite impossible ..but why shouldn't we give a try ?

And yes i too got lots of knowledge on partitioning by staring this thread ...special thanx to vizhi ..

ok....btw..use beyondcompare for easieribility.....

and wht u r going to with SYS/bin files.......... containing .exe and .dll files....

+1 to u too pavan ..

rom aren't same...,. :|

Sorry to interrupt you but the major hardware diff is a 1Ghz processor to a 600Mhz processor downclocked to 434Mhz :D

Another major difference is a 256mb RAM to a 128mb ram :P

Its worth a try..but waste of time :)

abbe xtreme i kno that 500 has 1 Ghz processor :P

but n8 too runs belle quite awesome in its 680 Mhz processor ..

And yeah ram problem will be the main problem i can see ..we have to highly optimize the starter files ..

Offtopic: @Xtreme, what does this mean "Downclocked to 434Mhz? So that means we can overclock this? Is our processor of 600Mhz?

yeah same question xtreme ..

Are u sure that our 600 Mhz processor downclocked to 484 ??:o

Yes they are :P

To give a better performance and battery timing could be friendly :P

+

It isn't YET possible to decode/crack/hack the ubootloader through which we can clock it to its maximum potential :D

In the ROM /SYS/BIN/POWER.DLL

search for below hexa decimal value in a Hex editor

54E3016046B2015085B21E4C84B2FAFFFF

In the above  B201 to be read as 01B2  which  is the CPU frequency.

01B2 = 434

check for c5-03 power.dll !!!!

same dll is patched for oc patch in belle too..

But not certain of results