LinsPirat LTS Rev2! by tintinboss |Nokia 5233|5230|5800|X6(FIXED 24/03/12!)

I downloaded and installed nokia store successfully. But i cannot install nokia maps. I donwloaded from nokia store, and when installation its finished it gives me error "file is missing". Also qt its not working...gives me error "unable to install". rm 356

Bro LinsPirat doesn't have issues with QT!

Please download and install latest qt and QT mobility which is 4.7.3 i guess!

Maybe you didn't hard reset your phone? Check bro.

Nokia Maps : File is missing is a strange error, I'm seeing in my phone if it installs and reporting you soon.

Btw, I find google maps much better if you ask me :)

Explanation of not including many apps:

As you mentioned, they are left out intentionally. LinsPirat didn't have enough free space to provide you with those apps within. However, I decided to make the LinsPirat LTS original theme downloadable and not include inside the CFW to make space and integrate those apps in the future update of the CFW .

Thanks for understanding :)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheater , this is Velocity^1

So there you go :) It's okay bro, Here's a tutorial. You could follow as well

How to make LinsPirat LTS on your OWN :

Method:1 :

--Just download Velocity CFW and go to resources/versions/ edit the text files and put your name on it.

-- DONE!

Method :2:

This is more easier :)

-- Download C6v41 5800XM Fresh Port by die2mrw007 from gizmolord.

-- Remove files of WIFI, light sensor, Video call etc from it, as you won't be needing it for now if you're creating for 5233 (RM625) otherwise leave them as is.

-- Remove additional files that you don't wish to use too from the CFW using Nokia FW cleaner.

-- Extract the Camera files from some other CFW with C6V41 and working 5233 camera (binh24 ported RM625 camera doesn't work)

Re_Animation by Chris Marsh is a good choice if you don't want to touch Velocity.

-- Download Mods you like from Gizmolord. See the Symbian^1 Modding section, sticky post by Shashwat having all the major mods created to date and original thread links.

-- Study the mods and change them according to your likings. Like -

-- Download "Press '0' to Launch Killme app" mod and change the App reference UID in 10202be9/102828B2.txt to assign it to memcheck. Or any app you like.

-- Don't forget to add  Best Ram C6-v40 ByDjRaz. Which'll give you good startup ram.

-- Integrate apps you like to the CFW (There's a tutorial on this on GL)

-- Modify some cenrep files to assign your own theme,ringers etc as default,

-- change .rul files to set the behaviours of your phone (lock, camera, ligh etc). For light fix you may use mara's light fix.

-- Create LinsPirat bootscreen (mbm if you want real animated bootscreen), splash screen (mif), shutdown screen(mif)

-- Create LinsPirat Themes.

-- Modify your favourite tunes to use them as ringers and convert them to aac.

-- Modify further, Pack using NFE and flash your phone with it till you're satisfied. If you're not :

-- Study the files in 10202be9 (most important) and try to understand how they works and edit them.

-- By the time you're doing these, you actually develop a lot of knowledge regarding which file is responsible for what. So you'll be able to fix bugs in your CFW when you encounter them.

-- Download TweakS, a great program by CoderUs, and install it on your phone. Change the settings manually on your phone with it and dump the cenreps. Use X-Plore to copy those

to E:/ and study them to decide which one is usable (Not all of them are usable). If you got anything working, it's probably a already existing mod or you created a mod!

-- Spend hours after hours in experimenting with your beloved phone and flash it like 90 times a day with your dreaming CFW.

-- Consult with experienced Modders and helpful guys already experienced in this field and gather knowledge (Even files! :D), you may ask me in pm who they are and I'll suggest some names too :)

-- Finally created something worth of your effort? Hey! you're not done yet! I told you not to copy anything from some CFW thats been made by guys better than Nokia Programmers!! You accidentaly

added some "COPYRIGHTED" contents to your CFW and now you're a man who have stolen!

Definition of stealing : Die2mrw,Binh24,doctorly are some guys, from whose CFW (ports), if you take everything, it's not stealing, neither is their files copyrighted. But if it's not one of these , you're a thief.

BottomLine : It's not a VERY hard work creating a CFW using mods created by many excellent and SMART people out there. It takes a lot of patience and knowledge though...

You must realize what's your speciality to be adding one more CFW on the stack using those mods and provide thousands of friends with a CFW worth using.

If anyone wants any elaboration, I'd love to make it into a complete tutorial. You can even PM me wanting to know HOW I DID WHAT in LinsPirat LTS (nothing special really as you can see).

I'll post this tutorial elsewhere in this forum when I'm done with it :P, There might be a lots of catfights and tweaks coming this way before that...

Sorry guys, I forgot to mention a credit info. Under ROFS2/resource/apps there is a file called ghost.mif. Open that with notepad and you'll see the name of Gaurav. I think it should be there since I copied over some files from their CFW once to solve camera issue with it that precious file came (unintentionally, I admit). So, I'm not gonna reupload deleting and remove their credit from LinsPirat :) Let be inside the CFW.