[Tutorial] Install CM10 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ROM for Motorola Defy/Defy+

Die2mrw007

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i finnally install the cm10 android 4.1.1 jelly bean rom motorola defy+ and i reboot my phone,

unfortunately the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped, Setup Wizard has stopped

please help me  :'(

(sorry my english languange is bad)

have you installed the proper required gaaps, if you have and still get the error, try clearing your cache and dalvik from recovery.

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 2

bro,

me too completed every step correctly as u guided.but my problem is there is no network coverage.i tried more than one service providers.but no coverage for any network.there is no problem for wifi connection...plz help bro....!!!

are you using the proper basebands?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Brother, The  below given link is not working, can you please provide a link for downloding CM10 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ROM for Defy MB525. ROM Download Link: For Defy MB525 (Download the latest build - sort with respect to date): Download Link for Defy MB525 For Defy+ MB526 (Download the latest build - sort with respect to date): Download Link for Defy+ MB526 can you give a little information about Defy+ MB526 ROM, can i use MB526 ROM in Defy MB525 ? waiting for your reply, Regards, Geo

did you change any vsel/cpu string from bootmenu by any chance?

Sent via my Defy+

I have the same problem now in my Defy+ and I haven't changed vsel/cpu setting . I rebooted my cellphone and Kaboom the problem started . When I connect to  the comp there is only a white LED shown and nothing else . RSD lite does not recognize the cell and the cellphone does not charge also . The battery is below 5%. When I try charging it , it goes to Red light M logo Blue Light black screen Red light loop . What can I do ???

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all guys, I have recently get this phone (Defy+), it cames with CM10 I think, so long story in short, I decided to change the ROM, first with MIUI V5 and the phone don't detect the SIM card, the with CM10.1 and same problem tried to have it restored to CM10 and I get a boot loop, so with this guide I reflashed with my original company ROM (Telcel Mexico) and the follow all the steps in this guide but when I try to enter the second recovery option I nerver see a "blue LED" light or any other color BTW only the Motorola RED logo and if I press the volume - button It enters the default recovery mode, so no "Install Zip from SD card" what cai I do? Regards!! [sOLVED] Installed another base ROM other than the original from my carrier!

Have the same problem "Unfortunately, the process, etc" tried already the cache/dalvik cleaning and tried also reinstalling ROM and ROM a Gapps same error after boot!!

make sure your flashing the right files, use the ones provided in the OP.. Also the last stable cm10 version seems to be the 15th May build, if I'm not mistaken, cause I'm currently running mine on cm10.1

after the Installation - the System allways reboot the Welcome Screen. a Coustom Restore don´t fix it. can´t mount/cache/recovery/command can´t mount/cache/recovery/log can´t open /cache/recovery/log can´t mount/cache/recovery/last_log can´t open /cache/recovery/last_log What can i do to fix this problem - ahhhhh Model Defy m525 Bootmenu ICS Recovery v.5.6.7-jordan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. Bought a new MB526. Came with other carrier software. Just wanted generic Motorla software but considering JB  4.1.2. FYI, I noticed "stock" reception signal strengths were ok but not great - I live in rural area. Previous MB 525 was much better.

Wiped & flashed new phone as per:

http://forum.gizmolord.com/modding-discussions/how-to-root-motorola-defy-(mb525)-and-motorola-defy-(mb526)/

and

http://forum.gizmolord.com/custom-rom's/install-cm10-android-4-1-1-jelly-bean-rom-for-motorola-defydefy/.

Along the way I stopped the setup to use Motorla's generic G Bread. Signal strength reception went thru the roof, was noticeably better than previous MB525...very useful. Played with the software for a day or so and decided, nah, go JB! Continued install to Quarx's 4.1.2 nightly. All went good: thanks to die2mrw007 &

Now JB is great interface, much prefer, Q's done a great job but signal strength reception is so poor phone is effectively deaf. Checked carrier settings, baseband, they seem regionally & carrier specific correct. Once phone registered on network, the correct options & settings must have been d'loaded by phone (I assume).

Anyone have ideas to try, links to troubleshooting? Did searches but couldn't find much info my self. Is poor reception a known or possible side issue for JB on 526's? I'm not without patience and have a little skill to work this out - is a little knowledge a dangerous thing  ;-) - but I need some pointers to shove me in the right direction, thanks.