[Tutorial] Install CM10 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ROM for Motorola Defy/Defy+

Die2mrw007

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there isn't a stable rom of jb, you can try some gb or ics roms.

Sent via my Defy+

Thanks for the reply.

So could you help me out with the process of downgrading from JB to ICS? Also please share the link of ICS ROM.

Do i need to do something extra like flashing a kernel ? or is the process same?

thanks

Thanks for the reply.

So could you help me out with the process of downgrading from JB to ICS? Also please share the link of ICS ROM.

Do i need to do something extra like flashing a kernel ? or is the process same?

thanks

you can get more help here http://forum.gizmolord.com/index.php?topic=5786.0

Works for jb to ICS downgrade too

Sent via my Defy+

• 2 weeks later...

Works flawlessly. MB525 model. Did the root, then the 2ndinit. Then JUST installed http://quarx2k.ru/cm10-2ndboot-nightly-defy(+)/CM10-20130220-NIGHTLY-mb526.zip Booted up - then afterwards the battery fix for the red version. I didnt install the google stuff as the build above includes it all as far as I can see. It boots to blue light then red, then Cynogenmod shows then boots to Jelly Bean, and wow it is flawless - fast and lovely. Cant see anything out of the ordinary - all seems working well. Thank you for an excellent post.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for this wonderful guide and help. Just installed JB for my Defy plus and its working brilliantly. Thanks all especially Tristar and Die2mrw007 and all others who have patiently answered even the most trivial questions again and again and helped newbies like me.

your welcome... Hope you can help other newbies along the way ;D enjoy new jb life with your defy

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 2

MY Mobile Network & Wi-Fi do not work with CM10 Android 4.1.2, what could be the problem.

which phone and which rom date? You could try re installing it again and see if it works then.. Make sure you clear your data i.e factory reset and clear dalvik and cache

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

might take another shot at this after my last failed installation and rom restore - I downloaded the mentioned 20th of February build but I'd like to know if it  would be better to use one that is more recent (and which one). thanks a lot :)

Yes, it is always better to go for the most recent build if there are no new bugs. :)