[Tutorial] Install CM10 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ROM for Motorola Defy/Defy+

Die2mrw007

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey,

I have a custom 2.3 system on a regular defy. when trying this I can't get back to any advanced menu so couldn't perform all the needed wiping.

what are the alternatives?

so i didn't install the gapps, and rebooted the sys, now what? :)

how to install the g apps manually?

Just flash only the gapps then, you don't have to perform the entire flash procedure again.

Sent via my Defy+

thanks!

now the phone is charging for like 10 hours but I couldn't turn it on - it doesn't have enough power. the battery is 2 years old, but was working before the installation.

To be exact, it charges until 1%, then turns on, gets the home screen and turns off. It was doing that all the night.

wipe cache and dalvik, otherwise just redo the entire procedure again, with full factory reset

Another reason could be with the clock value being set low, did you try changing any values from bootmenu?

Sent via my Defy+

No, I didn't touch the clock values.

I couldn't get to recovery now because the battery is too low/

I also changed the CPU speed through a special app - from 800 to 1000, can that be the issue?

the bootloader menu says "cannot program, battery low".

can't get to the recovery at all.

Maybe your phone isn't charging, try removing the battery, and without clicking on the power leave it for charging

Sent via my Defy+

Did that, didnt help either. Now when the phone turned on for like 20th time, i've disconnected the cable and it showed a message on the homescreen: Unfortunately, the process android.com has stopped. Then it turned off again. Now the core Q is: will the phone be working if I'll be charging the batteries elsewhere?

Did that, didnt help either.

Now when the phone turned on for like 20th time, i've disconnected the cable and it showed a message on the homescreen: Unfortunately, the process android.com has stopped.

Then it turned off again.

Now the core Q is: will the phone be working if I'll be charging the batteries elsewhere?

you can try re flashing the phone from the start, and where else are you planning to charge the battery?

Sent via my Defy+

hi.......am a defy plus user.....in this  procedure u told first flash the first file and repeat the steps from 5-10 instead flash 2nd file in the upcoming procedure....whether i need to flash both files or flash 2nd file alone.......??????......thanx in advance..... :)

hi.......am a defy plus user.....in this  procedure u told first flash the first file and repeat the steps from 5-10 instead flash 2nd file in the upcoming procedure....whether i need to flash both files or flash 2nd file alone.......??????......thanx in advance..... :)

You need to flash with both files :)

ok guy have installed jelly bean ok ...as i use 3g hot spot alot is there a fix for this i see you can still use usb to get internet but no good if i want use my galxytab as it has no usb port so need a fix for that also cant seem to sync facebook pics with any contacts is there a way to get old contacts apk file back on also same with gallery does not show up picasa pics  ... really like it great job but need a fix for 3g hot spot tried a few apps still nothing

you have got a weird problem. Maybe some kind of ghost reside in your phone :troll:

Anyways, did you try installing Stock Motorola 2.3 ROM to the phone? If so, the touch issue still surfaced?

Hi,

now everything is ok with my MB526!

It was a hardware error i think. I have changed the touchscreen and now everything is ok :-)

Can you tell me a program to get more CPU-power (higher freq) out of the Defy-Plus? Some Apps are very slow...

Thanks,

Alex

Hi,

now everything is ok with my MB526!

It was a hardware error i think. I have changed the touchscreen and now everything is ok :-)

Can you tell me a program to get more CPU-power (higher freq) out of the Defy-Plus? Some Apps are very slow...

Thanks,

Alex

you don't need an app to change cpu values, it can be changed normally from bootmenu itself. Also there could be other reasons for your apps being slow, like low free memory, due to too many apps simultaneously running

Sent via my Defy+

I flashed my green led MB525 with last 2ndboot rom. Everything work for me. Phone work better than origin Froyo rom definetly! Great job. I would like to ask: 1. Before rom flash I normaly run phone aprox.2days, now only 1day. Is it caused by more system comsumption? (I use same applications and system tuner in same way for application manage) I didn´t make batery wipe before new rom flashing. Could be this reason? Anyway charging/discharging works propertly from 0%to100%/100% to 0%.  How I can improve this? 2. Is it correct way to use one common rom for both models MB525/526? No efect to power supply, cpu supply and batery charging and no effect to phone life? 3. Wifi works with less signal strengh (it mean that in some places which work fine before I´m loosing signal). Can I make something with this? thanks for answer and thanks for this rom which I definetly love

I flashed my green led MB525 with last 2ndboot rom.

Everything work for me. Phone work better than origin Froyo rom definetly! Great job.

I would like to ask:

1. Before rom flash I normaly run phone aprox.2days, now only 1day. Is it caused by more system comsumption? (I use same applications and system tuner in same way for application manage) I didn´t make batery wipe before new rom flashing. Could be this reason? Anyway charging/discharging works propertly from 0%to100%/100% to 0%.  How I can improve this?

2. Is it correct way to use one common rom for both models MB525/526? No efect to power supply, cpu supply and batery charging and no effect to phone life?

3. Wifi works with less signal strengh (it mean that in some places which work fine before I´m loosing signal). Can I make something with this?

thanks for answer and thanks for this rom which I definetly love

the ringtone for defy, is still not fixed, so until that happens you would have to stick with the current situation... And no common rom won't affect any of those mentioned things... No sure about wifi, but there is an option in wifi setting, un tick the disconnect wifi on low signal, something like that...

Sent via my Defy+