[Tutorial] Install CM10 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ROM for Motorola Defy/Defy+

Die2mrw007

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I am sorry am quite a noob at all this . My friend had updated my defy red lens to CM 7.1 jordan. Now i want to upgrade it to CM 10. Can someone help out with the steps for a dummy like me? Do i simply need to download the file and then reboot and start the installation ? Or do i need to do something different since i have CM 7.1 jordan right now? Sorry for such basic questions. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I am sorry am quite a noob at all this . My friend had updated my defy red lens to CM 7.1 jordan.

Now i want to upgrade it to CM 10.

Can someone help out with the steps for a dummy like me?

Do i simply need to download the file and then reboot and start the installation ? Or do i need to do something different since i have CM 7.1 jordan right now?

Sorry for such basic questions.

Thanks in advance.

In addition to the above post

My Android Version is 2.3.7

baseband version is EPU93_U_00.59.01

kernel version is 2.6.32.9-gb08c3c8 vfcj78@zch68lnxdroid50 #1

mod version is CyanogenMod- 7.1.0-jordan

Build number is Gingerbread GWK74

Please help me to upgrade to CM10

Its quite simple actually.

Just chose the latest cm10 2ndboot rom (its a common rom for both Defy and Defy+)

download link http://defy.bytekiste.de/cm10-2ndboot-nightly-defy(+)/

- Save the rom in root of sd card for easy access

- Make a Backup of your rom (Just incase) OR Titanium backup of the apps.

- Now enter recovery mode, and wipe all data, cache and dalvik etc

- Then flash the rom from link above & then gaaps

- There is no need to flash kernal for these 2ndboot roms cause its built in.

- Clear cache an dalvik and then reboot.

- If phone is stuck at moto logo, try pulling out the battery and putting it back again and try.

- Now Enjoy your rom :)

hello, I successfully rooted my defy plus with CM10 [4.1.2]. Thanks a lot for the guide. I installed the latest ROM and gapps (minimal) but i forgot to install the battery fix zip file. Now , my phone always shows 100% battery level. What should i do now? Can i install the battery fix zip file from 2ndinit boot menu now? If so, should the cache and partition should be cleared before installing the zip? Thanks.

Just chose the latest cm10 2ndboot rom (its a common rom for both Defy and Defy+)

- If phone is stuck at moto logo, try pulling out the battery and putting it back again and try.

Hi thanks,

I updated my phone and everything seems to be fine.

I have one doubt. My memory card is of 8 GB and it shows 5 GB is full and only 2 GB available.

But i don't see any apps on my SD card. However i do see the apps data from my previous gingerbread ROM on the file manager.

How do i resolve this issue? Can i get back my apps or do i have to download them again?

hello, I successfully rooted my defy plus with CM10 [4.1.2]. Thanks a lot for the guide. I installed the latest ROM and gapps (minimal) but i forgot to install the battery fix zip file. Now , my phone always shows 100% battery level. What should i do now? Can i install the battery fix zip file from 2ndinit boot menu now? If so, should the cache and partition should be cleared before installing the zip?

Thanks.

if your using the latest rom, then the issue was something to do with usb debugging not enabled, so enable usb debugging and restart.

Sent via my Defy+

Hi thanks,

I updated my phone and everything seems to be fine.

I have one doubt. My memory card is of 8 GB and it shows 5 GB is full and only 2 GB available.

But i don't see any apps on my SD card. However i do see the apps data from my previous gingerbread ROM on the file manager.

How do i resolve this issue? Can i get back my apps or do i have to download them again?

if you had made a backup of your apps using titanium app, then you could have recovered the apps, but now you will have to reinstall all the apps you want. Maybe there is another way, but im not sure

Sent via my Defy+

if your using the latest rom, then the issue was something to do with usb debugging not enabled, so enable usb debugging and restart.

Sent via my Defy+

Thanks,

I enabled USB debugging, restarted and the phone got detected.

Can i now format my sd card and install apps again?

I mean would there be some important files deleted if i do the above?

because on my sd card there are many folders and files and i don't know which ones to remove.

Thanks,

I enabled USB debugging, restarted and the phone got detected.

Can i now format my sd card and install apps again?

I mean would there be some important files deleted if i do the above?

because on my sd card there are many folders and files and i don't know which ones to remove.

your music pictures app data which is stored on sd card will be wiped.

Sent via my Defy+

your music pictures app data which is stored on sd card will be wiped.

Sent via my Defy+

Thats no issue. I dont mind.

I just asked that question cuz i dont want the important ROM related data to be deleted if its on the sd card. I am sorry for such basic queries.

I guess i will go ahead with the sd card formatting.

hello, I successfully rooted my defy plus with CM10 [4.1.2]. Thanks a lot for the guide. I installed the latest ROM and gapps (minimal) but i forgot to install the battery fix zip file. Now , my phone always shows 100% battery level. What should i do now? Can i install the battery fix zip file from 2ndinit boot menu now? If so, should the cache and partition should be cleared before installing the zip?

Thanks.

Enable ADB in settings/dev option

Sent via my Defy+

Hello (specially tristar),

i am new to these and it makes a lot of fun :-) reading the whole thread!

But please let me know what should i flash in my new MB526 for the first time? I don´t know what 2ndboot rom is...

There are links from post #91 and #154.

I would like to flash the newest rom with less bugs ;-)

Download the latest from here http://quarx2k.ru/cm10-2ndboot-nightly-defy(+)/. Just flash it and gapps, no kernel flashing needed.

version "CM10-20121109-NIGHTLY-mb526.zip" then flash the update "update_for_02.11.zip"

Thanks for all and have a good time!

-Alex

Hello (specially tristar),

i am new to these and it makes a lot of fun :-) reading the whole thread!

But please let me know what should i flash in my new MB526 for the first time? I don´t know what 2ndboot rom is...

There are links from post #91 and #154.

I would like to flash the newest rom with less bugs ;-)

Thanks for all and have a good time!

-Alex

First of , Welcome to Gizmolord forum. !!

Its good that you had a fun time reading the entire post :D

The post steps are quite easy for a 1st timer like yourself. There are many stable Gingerbread & ICS roms already available out there. As for the JB Roms there are a couple of hiccups here and there, so if your lucky you won't get any.

But if you want to know which roms are stable, its all on you to keep trying out, as the same rom could be have bugs for sum user while the others never have to face them.

For now i and many other feel the 18th Nov Nightly has been decent, so you can start off from there, and then later experiment along the way.

The steps are the same, i.e.

- Now enter recovery mode(reboot phone and click the vol down button when you see a blue notification light on phone wheile its rebooting), and wipe all data, cache and dalvik etc

- Now Enjoy your rom

Hello Tristar, thanks for the fast reply and sorry for my english - i come from germany... Later i will try to do it on my 526 :-) But i have another question: Are the languages (for me german) included in the ROM´s or in the kernels? If they are in the ROM, is there german too? Thanks a lot for your help! -Alex

Hello Tristar,

thanks for the fast reply and sorry for my english - i come from germany... Later i will try to do it on my 526 :-)

But i have another question:

Are the languages (for me german) included in the ROM´s or in the kernels? If they are in the ROM, is there german too?

Thanks a lot for your help!

-Alex

your welcome, languages are all inbuilt, don't worry...

Sent via my Defy+

Hi Tristar, everything is ok, thank you for your help! Was a little bit tricky for the first time but now i am on 4.1.2 with the ROM and gaaps you suggested :-) Now there is a new/other problem: The phone (or the touchscreen) sometimes (very often) automatically do some taps?? You can hear it clicking and you can see different things happen on the screen but my hands are off the phone... What can it be? Is it self employed? ;-) Thanks! -Alex

Hi Tristar,

everything is ok, thank you for your help! Was a little bit tricky for the first time but now i am on 4.1.2 with the ROM and gaaps you suggested :-)

Now there is a new/other problem:

The phone (or the touchscreen) sometimes (very often) automatically do some taps?? You can hear it clicking and you can see different things happen on the screen but my hands are off thel phone... What can it be? Is it self employed? ;-)

Thanks!

-Alex

haha guess you need to get your phone exorcised soon then :)

Sent via my Defy+

Hi i just install jelly bean on defy+. everything its fine apart battery never charge full when the phone is on. when is off is shoeing 100% charge i turned the phone on and is 83% only . I tried to calibrate the battery its not making any different . Any ideas ?

did you drain your battery completely till the device turned off?

If not do that, then plug in your charger with phone off, let it charge to 100%, then clean battery stats from recovery menu.

Leaving the charger connected, switch on the phone and let it charge for another 1/2hr, sometimes it skips the charge from 83% straight to 100% if just kept for like that.

Sent via my Defy+