[ROMS] Pantech Burst Custom Roms

CrackUC

Sorry, didn't know you replied on this message board (sent you a PM...just ignore).  What I mean is that once I install a JB ROM and then go into Settings > Security > Encrypt Phone, the phone won't encrypt.  Normally (in ICS anyway) the phone will reboot pretty quickly and the encryption process will begin.  With all the JB ROMs I've tried, the phone will not reboot and just hang on an Android logo.  No reboot, no progress status screen.  Any ideas?

Well , that might/must be a CM10 bug !  None reported that so that didn't got fixed :/ And now chances of getting it fixed is very less too as we are going to have CM10.1 in couple of days(according to my assumptions) So the only thing you can do is take logcat and dmseg and report to devs at google project ! . Thats the least you can do except fixing that yourself ! .

I am planning to install gizmolord 4 rc7 rom today. I just need to ask a couple of things before I go ahead as I am a newbie at this. My friend rooted and installed Cwm my phone for me. I have already downloaded and put Gbboot. Zip and th e Gizmolord rom in my internal sd card root. 

I have Cwm 5.0.2.7 do I need to upgrade this to the touch version of Cwm or it will work with the non touch version as well.? Do I need to flash the rom twice?

just flash that gbboot.zip as-well and then flash Gizmolord rom . The rom will automatically update your recovery to best working touch version included with rom :D

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the fast reply  :D . So I take ait backup > format /system > wipe data > wipe cache > wipe dalvik cache > flash bootloader unlock > flash the rc7 rom > complete wipe again followed by mounting /system? Is that the correct procedure? Sorry if I am being a pain... I am a  noob so trying to make sure and minimising the rish of owning a brick  :D

Did a full wipe and flashed the rom again, this time it booted after sometime but there's a pop up error that won't go away "unfortunately brcmbluetooth services has stopped" no matter how many times I click on ok the error comes back. Also there are similar popup errors for calendar and keyboard. When I flashed this time on the Cwm screen at the end displayed a message "root access possibly lost. Fix?" but when I checked after boot with root checker it said the phone is rooted.. Could you suggest any way out? I would really like to use your rom, it looked great. Also after some time the screen would be all black and the phone vibrated at regular intervals.. Didn't let me wake it unless I removed the battery.

Did a full wipe and flashed the rom again, this time it booted after sometime but there's a pop up error that won't go away "unfortunately brcmbluetooth services has stopped" no matter how many times I click on ok the error comes back. Also there are similar popup errors for calendar and keyboard. When I flashed this time on the Cwm screen at the end displayed a message "root access possibly lost. Fix?" but when I checked after boot with root checker it said the phone is rooted.. Could you suggest any way out? I would really like to use your rom, it looked great. Also after some time the screen would be all black and the phone vibrated at regular intervals.. Didn't let me wake it unless I removed the battery.

Its a general problem , you need to wipe/reflash till everything is fine probably it will take 1-3 flashed and after that no rom will make you in trouble !

hi ,I tried flashing your ROM again today and it worked this time! I just formatted system instead of wiping data and Cache. your Rom looks so much better than that stock gingerbread rom,smooth and snappy. I just noticed that the touch on my phone is a bit off.. small flick doesn't scroll properly sometimes, is It common in the beginning?I'll update more tomorrow. cheers

• 1 month later...

Hey, glad to find such an active forum for the burst. Can you guys recommend the most stable feature rich custom rom on here? I am really looking for something very stable, the camera functions fine, wifi is fine, etc. I just want the features to actually work if you will.

Thanks for any recommendations in advance!

Well , that might/must be a CM10 bug !  None reported that so that didn't got fixed :/ And now chances of getting it fixed is very less too as we are going to have CM10.1 in couple of days(according to my assumptions) So the only thing you can do is take logcat and dmseg and report to devs at google project ! . Thats the least you can do except fixing that yourself ! . just flash that gbboot.zip as-well and then flash Gizmolord rom . The rom will automatically update your recovery to best working touch version included with rom :grin:

You told us TWO MONTHS ago that CM10.1 will be out in couple of days according to 'your assumptions'. Now Android 4.4 is out there. Are we gonna have at least Android 4.2 running on our burst? Or are you not a developer any more?

You told us TWO MONTHS ago that CM10.1 will be out in couple of days according to 'your assumptions'. Now Android 4.4 is out there. Are we gonna have at least Android 4.2 running on our burst? Or are you not a developer any more?

I'm not a developer. It depend burst dev team currently as I'm seeing from months work is in slow progress. I can't help in that.

Please, can someone tell me what custom rom they are running lately and if it is stable as can be? I want to get rid of the stock firmware. ICS blows, tried playing zombie gunship on it and it constantly freezes/crashes.

I am hoping a jellybean custom rom can solve this, but I am scared to make the move, so please help