[ROMS] Pantech Burst Custom Roms

CrackUC

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can I calibrate compass in cm10 ?? I'm not able to use Photaf Panorama available on Play Store. It says 'your compass is not calibrated' There was no need to calibrate it when I was on stock ics and gizmolord 4.0. Any ideas?  :-?

compass / magneto sensor isn't functional in JB roms . DEVS will try to fix it soon . :D

• 2 weeks later...

I installed AOKP JB a month back.

Its working great, smooth and fast.

Though there are three problems that I am facing:

• magneto sensor not working - It has already been reported and a known issue
  • Media scanner not working - My phone doesnt seem to read any old media files! Gallery and music player both are completely empty. Though any new clicks from the camera or any new downloads show up in the gallery. I have tried restarts, complete wipes and reinstalls of the ROM. But when I copy the files back using the Mass Storage mode, they still dont show up.

I tried all the media scan apps from play store, none of them were any help. I checked for .nomedia files too, they were not there.

I tried removing everything and then copying the files via pantech pc suite. It seems to then show me the first file out of the whole bunch that i copy.

• The date somehow gets reset back to 1971 after each restart. If I use auto update from the network then it rectifies in some time. But its annoying to have errors popping up at restart and having your CWM backups named in the 1971's

Are these issues know? Or are there any solutions to these?

• Media scanner not working - My phone doesnt seem to read any old media files! Gallery and music player both are completely empty. Though any new clicks from the camera or any new downloads show up in the gallery. I have tried restarts, complete wipes and reinstalls of the ROM. But when I copy the files back using the Mass Storage mode, they still dont show up.

I tried all the media scan apps from play store, none of them were any help. I checked for .nomedia files too, they were not there.

I tried removing everything and then copying the files via pantech pc suite. It seems to then show me the first file out of the whole bunch that i copy.

• The date somehow gets reset back to 1971 after each restart. If I use auto update from the network then it rectifies in some time. But its annoying to have errors popping up at restart and having your CWM backups named in the 1971's

yes these are known issues :D And Till I remember all are fixed except that  media scanner or maybe that too :D

yes these are known issues :D And Till I remember all are fixed except that  media scanner or maybe that too :D

Where have they been fixed? The google code repository (https://code.google.com/p/devsnest-developments/downloads/list) shows me the version uploaded on April 20th.

Plus if you mean to say the AOKP source code, then I dont have the resources to compile the build myself. It will be great if someone can update the zip on the devnest google project.

Thanking you in advance.

Bi

Just to help you out since nobody bother to tell me about it either. You can get a shell script to fix cm10 based ROM's problem with compass and magneto sensor. Go over to Google plus pantech burst thread, and search for the script. It'll fix the problem with compass and magneto sensor right up.

Sent From my PantechP9070 on cm10 using Tapatalk

Where have they been fixed? The google code repository (https://code.google.com/p/devsnest-developments/downloads/list) shows me the version uploaded on April 20th.

Plus if you mean to say the AOKP source code, then I dont have the resources to compile the build myself. It will be great if someone can update the zip on the devnest google project.

Thanking you in advance.

For compass /magneto sensor -->https://plus.google.com/110887619384180016993/posts/9Y44nJQB2dD

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone successfully encrypted their Burst with any of the ROMs?  I could not get any of the JB ROMs to encrypt, only a ICS ROM (Gizmolord) worked.  Is anyone running a ROM with the device encrypted?  Any additional problems with the ROM if you are?

encryption of roms o.O ? You can't flash JB roms you mean ?

Sorry, didn't know you replied on this message board (sent you a PM...just ignore).  What I mean is that once I install a JB ROM and then go into Settings > Security > Encrypt Phone, the phone won't encrypt.  Normally (in ICS anyway) the phone will reboot pretty quickly and the encryption process will begin.  With all the JB ROMs I've tried, the phone will not reboot and just hang on an Android logo.  No reboot, no progress status screen.  Any ideas?

I am planning to install gizmolord 4 rc7 rom today. I just need to ask a couple of things before I go ahead as I am a newbie at this. My friend rooted and installed Cwm my phone for me. I have already downloaded and put Gbboot. Zip and th e Gizmolord rom in my internal sd card root.  I have Cwm 5.0.2.7 do I need to upgrade this to the touch version of Cwm or it will work with the non touch version as well.? Do I need to flash the rom twice?

I am planning to install gizmolord 4 rc7 rom today. I just need to ask a couple of things before I go ahead as I am a newbie at this. My friend rooted and installed Cwm my phone for me. I have already downloaded and put Gbboot. Zip and th e Gizmolord rom in my internal sd card root. 

I have Cwm 5.0.2.7 do I need to upgrade this to the touch version of Cwm or it will work with the non touch version as well.? Do I need to flash the rom twice?

I am newbie so please take this advice with a grain of salt.  I don't think you need to install the Gbboot.zip file any longer.  That was to unlock your bootloader but you said CWM is already installed.  I think all you need to do now is install the gizmolord 4 rc 7 .zip using CWM.  I don't believe it matters whether your recovery has touch capabilities or not.