Ultimate Tutorial to Create Your Own Custom Firmware [CFW] (by LRajesh555)

• 4 weeks later...

i got a problem in my music player, everytime i press the music widget it goes to now playing ang when i press right soft key it goes back to the homescreen. it wud be nice if when you press the right key it goes to the music playlists.. which one is reponsible for this? which one will i edit?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hellow. I m just a new user. But a good and fast learner.

Can u help me i just want to make my own homescreen. Like if there is a cfw, i can edit it and change its homescreen to mine and how to design my own homescreen. Please help if u can

you can't create your own HS , just you can mod the pre set HS , means you can set which icon and should be on HS ......... try flash one , you can create the different HS

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, would someone pls help me out

Am creating my own cfw for nokia 5230 rm 588 and I want to change the music file path, ringtones path and also my homescreen background and menu background. How do I do that using 10202be9 txt files? Thanks

For profile-101f8798

For music folder-101ffcd2

change the values in these text files in 10202be9 folder!

someone pls tell me how do i remove files like ovi store, ovi sync, msg reader, help, dictionary and other apps from any cfw? i have downloaded the GD v2 but i do not want these apps. pls tell m hw to remove them. i've already tried nfe and sis editor but they r of no use. pls tell m a working method. i m using nokia 5800

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.. I have done read this post about to flash ofw to cfw What i want to know is, if i flash my n5800 to CFW Symbian anna v7.9 without download OFW by navifirm it is can be done?? 1 more question is.. why i cant connect my phone with navifirm?? when i connect the warning will display. The warning is "service specific execption : com.nokia.posti.server.caresuite.webservice.unauthorized fault". If i click ok nothing happen. I hope all of u will help me flash my phone.. tq.

Hello..

I have done read this post about to flash ofw to cfw

What i want to know is, if i flash my n5800 to CFW Symbian anna v7.9 without download OFW by navifirm it is can be done??

1 more question is.. why i cant connect my phone with navifirm?? when i connect the warning will display. The warning is "service specific execption : com.nokia.posti.server.caresuite.webservice.unauthorized fault". If i click ok nothing happen.

I hope all of u will help me flash my phone.. tq.

First of all , a cfw firmware has there own core , rofs2 and uda , you don't need any OFW files , but always keep a original firmware copy if something gose wrong with CFW ......

this error come some times , try to try again and again or use nokia data package manager (search on forum or google)

• 1 month later...

someone pls tell me how do i remove files like ovi store, ovi sync, msg reader, help, dictionary and other apps from any cfw?

i have downloaded the GD v2 but i do not want these apps. pls tell m hw to remove them. i've already tried nfe and sis editor but they r of no use. pls tell m a working method.

i m using nokia 5800

You have to do it the old-fashioned way: run through the files one by one looking for the .dll/.exe/.r**/.rsc/.sis files in your CORE and ROFS2 files. Look up the app uids online for a little help, but it boils down to a seek and destroy game, mate. i am at 16/18 apps i want to remove from the E72 firmware. Gotta keep searching =o) You will get them.

• 2 weeks later...

really awesome tutorial bro my heartly thanx for your efforts based on your tutorial i have successfully moded some cfw and made it as a success. then i moved to my next step i.e creating my own cfw. so i downloaded the ofw files. but in your tutorial your you have mentioned to use a partitioned rofs.so i tried to download from the link given by you(binh24) but all the files from mediafire is deleted. however i managed to use the rofs file provided by blaze team. now im facing another problem the partitioned rofs is 117mb(greater than ofw core file). now got confused because if i wanna use ofw core file i cant use partitioned rofs file if i wanna use partitioned rofs file i cant use ofw core file. so help me in this situation by providing me the answers for the following questions 1.give me a working link to download partitioned rofs file or can i use rofs file provided by blaze team 2.i know to edit rofs file(known only by your tutorial) but the core file size is 114mb. all cfw core files are only 40mb from where can i download core file for creating my own cfw. thanx in advance

really awesome tutorial bro my heartly thanx for your efforts

based on your tutorial i have successfully moded some cfw and made it as a success.

then i moved to my next step i.e creating my own cfw. so i downloaded the ofw files.

but in your tutorial your you have mentioned to use a partitioned rofs.so i tried to download from the link given by you(binh24) but all the files from mediafire is deleted. however i managed to use the rofs file provided by blaze team. now im facing another problem the partitioned rofs is 117mb(greater than ofw core file). now got confused because if i wanna use ofw core file i cant use partitioned rofs file if i wanna use partitioned rofs file i cant use ofw core file. so help me in this situation by providing me the answers for the following questions

1.give me a working link to download partitioned rofs file or can i use rofs file provided by blaze team

2.i know to edit rofs file(known only by your tutorial) but the core file size is 114mb. all cfw core files are only 40mb from where can i download core file for creating my own cfw.

thanx in advance

The partitioned core means all core , and rofs3 space moved to rofs2 so you can have much space in rofs2 for cooking ....... in original Firmware core size is almost 90 mb where rofs2 and rofs3 is small after partitioned all space transfer to rofs2 but core also contained bootloader so partitioned core is some 30 mb to 40 mb so never use Original core with partitioned rofs2 it'll dead your phone

Now you answer

1. Yes , you can use Blaze Rofs2 for editing and for core you can use Skyfire redefined cores as those are binh24 cores , and there is nothing n97 or c6 cores as the rofs2 contains the data who decide  the  firmware , if ros2 has C6 files then it's C6 ...... hope you understand these things .........

so yes you can use Blaze rofs2 and for core use Skyfire redefined CFW cores as it's only cores available .....

2. As i said original cores have Rofs files in mathematically way

OFW:- Suppose Total Size of Firmware is 150 Mb exclude UDA( C drive file )

core(114 Mb) + Rofs2(30 Mb) + Rofs3( 6 Mb)= 150 Mb

partitioned FW :-

core (40Mb) + Rofs2 (120 Mb)+ Rofs3 (0 Mb) = 150 Mb

That is partitioned , Core has still 40 Mb bcz of Bootloader and Rofs2 has much space then before so you can put all files in one place as All Firmware Size is Fix , you can't increase the size of firmware but you can partitioned so you can cooking easily .......

and Core and rofs2 are linked to each other so you can't use different Rofs2 and Different core ....... you have to use the core and rofs2 which is partitioned as Core space is moved to Rofs2 and there is no need of rofs3 then

So use Blaze rofs2 and use Skyfire redefined cfw  core..........

Hope you understand if not then ask freely that which part you don't get it