Flashing with JAF (Using original fw files)

NikShiP

Download Firmware

1. Download and install Windows Installer 3.1

2. Download and install .NET Framework 2.0

3. Download Navifirm

Posted Image

Download Tools for Flashing

1. Download and install JAF

2. Download and install Nokia PC Suite

Flashing with JAF

1. copy all firmware to : "C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-356\"

Posted Image

2. Conect your phone with PC Suite Mode

3. now open OGM_JAF_PKEY_Emulator_v3.exe

Posted Image

4. click GO

Posted Image

5. Error: BOX DRIVER NOT INSTALLED ==> click OK

Posted Image

6. Select BB5 ==> Manual Flash ==> Dead USB ==> Use INI

[img width=450 height=420]http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/3690/step6x.jpg

7. Select your phone model

[img width=450 height=420]http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2816/step7u.jpg

8. You will see MCU, PPM, CNT, APE Variant become green

[img width=452 height=420]http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/7324/step8f.jpg

9. Now TURN OFF your phone !! and then click FLASH button after that press power button (don't hold it) on your phone and JAF will start flashing.

[img width=452 height=420]http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3946/step8b.jpg

10. When flash will finish restart your phone (by releasing your battery and put it back)

Posted Image

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

My phone 5230 rm588 was dead...i had downloaded navifirm firmware files,..in jaf , i have doubt whether i have to untick both "crt 308" and "use ini "...?..pls tell me.....i made tick on factory set , normal mode, dead usb and selected rofs2 , core ,uda, rofs3 by clicking mcu button etc...and click flash button and after sometimes it said "done"...and i remove my phone from usb and removed battery and put it again...when i pressed my power button , my phone just vibrates and nothing happens...pls help me...my mom will kill me if she know this.....pls

My phone 5230 rm588 was dead...i had downloaded navifirm firmware files,..in jaf , i have doubt whether i have to untick both "crt 308" and "use ini "...?..pls tell me.....i made tick on factory set , normal mode, dead usb and selected rofs2 , core ,uda, rofs3 by clicking mcu button etc...and click flash button and after sometimes it said "done"...and i remove my phone from usb and removed battery and put it again...when i pressed my power button , my phone just vibrates and nothing happens...pls help me...my mom will kill me if she know this.....pls

untick crt 308..just tick manual flash dead usb normal mode and then use ini..a list will appear after about 10 sec..select your phone and flash..

follow devilhunter ....but if u don't find ur phone model in the list when u tick "use ini", then select ur files manually ...

1. tick manual flash, dead usb, factory set, normal mode and untick crt 308.

2. now click mcu & select the core (.coo) file

3. ppm -> rofs2

4. cnt -> rofs3

5. ape variant -> uda

6. flash

• 1 month later...