[Tutorial] Install CM10 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ROM for Motorola Defy/Defy+

Die2mrw007

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

motorolla defy (green lens) MB525 plss do help so that i can use cm10 now..

Just root your phone using "Super one click" root tool.

Then download ROM file: http://quarx2k.ru/cm10-nightly-defy/CM10-20120924-NIGHTLY-mb525.zip

Then Download this kernel: https://www.dropbox.com/s/duo58rfaa7mhdlt/kernel-froyo-222-179-4-signed.zip

Then Gapps: http://quarx2k.ru/gapps-jb-20120726-minimal.zip

After rooting your phone, install Sninit.apk app...Start the app and press the install button inside of the app.

After that reboot your phone. When the notification led turns blue color, instantly press volume down key.

Select Recovery

Select Custom Recovery

Select "Wipe data factory" >> Click Yes

Select "Wipe cache" >> click yes

Select Advanced

Select "Wipe dalvik cache" >> click yes

Select "Wipe battery cache" >> click yes

Select "Install from sd card" >> select the ROM zip file your downloaded.

Select "Install from sd card" >> select the kernel zip file you downloaded

Select "Install from sd card" >> select the gapps zip file you downloaded.

Select "Go back"

Select "Reboot system now"

Just root your phone using "Super one click" root tool.

Then download ROM file: http://quarx2k.ru/cm10-nightly-defy/CM10-20120924-NIGHTLY-mb525.zip

Then Download this kernel: https://www.dropbox.com/s/duo58rfaa7mhdlt/kernel-froyo-222-179-4-signed.zip

Then Gapps: http://quarx2k.ru/gapps-jb-20120726-minimal.zip

After rooting your phone, install Sninit.apk app...Start the app and press the install button inside of the app.

After that reboot your phone. When the notification led turns blue color, instantly press volume down key.

Select Recovery

Select Custom Recovery

Select "Wipe data factory" >> Click Yes

Select "Wipe cache" >> click yes

Select Advanced

Select "Wipe dalvik cache" >> click yes

Select "Wipe battery cache" >> click yes

Select "Install from sd card" >> select the ROM zip file your downloaded.

Select "Install from sd card" >> select the kernel zip file you downloaded

Select "Install from sd card" >> select the gapps zip file you downloaded.

Select "Go back"

Select "Reboot system now"

done this.. no luck!

this time i flash it back to the stock rom using RSD then root again, then use this CM10. again when it rebooted cyanogenmod 9 still shows up instead of cm10.. and the rest of the issues that i had (posted on page 8) are still present..

done this.. no luck!

this time i flash it back to the stock rom using RSD then root again, then use this CM10. again when it rebooted cyanogenmod 9 still shows up instead of cm10.. and the rest of the issues that i had (posted on page 8) are still present..

it shouldn't happen, it means your not clearing the data and installing it properly

Sent from my Defy+

and one more thing what i need to do now juist need to flash this one file or whole process again ????? if one file then how ???

Don't worry just have to flash the file, no need to do the full flash process. Also the files I shared had worked for me, so just to be on the safe side use the one i provided, cause if you noticed I too had this issue, my nick is mrcurly in that forum.

Sent from my Defy+

Hello, I am new here. Just got a replacement Defy 525 (red lens) and updated to CM10-20120924-NIGHTLY_mb525, Froyo-kernel etc. ... wiped all caches as menttioned above. It all works fine ... except: I cannot wake up the Defy from stand by mode. When i press the power button nothing happens - the screen remains dark. The screen will only go on on an incoming phone call. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Hi, I'm new to this forum. So I followed the procedure listed in this guide and got my Defy+ updated to Jelly Bean. Everything seems to be running fine, except the mobile network. My phone is not able to detect a network. Whenever I try to make a call, I get an error 'Mobile network not available'. Not able to receive incoming calls as well. I flashed my phone to the factory ROM and it worked fine. So the problem seems to occur after installing Jelly Bean update. The phone is not showing any signal in the network as well. Have tried to manually select a mobile network. It detects few networks like Airten INA, Dolphin, Idea but is unable to connect to any of them. When I checked the 'Status' under 'About Phone' in 'Settings', I got the following information: Network: Unknown Signal Strength: 0 dBm 99 asu Mobile network type: UNKNOWN:0 Service State: Radio off Mobile network state: Disconnected My phone number: Unknown IMEI: Unknown Please suggest what should be done.

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. So I followed the procedure listed in this guide and got my Defy+ updated to Jelly Bean. Everything seems to be running fine, except the mobile network. My phone is not able to detect a network. Whenever I try to make a call, I get an error 'Mobile network not available'. Not able to receive incoming calls as well. I flashed my phone to the factory ROM and it worked fine. So the problem seems to occur after installing Jelly Bean update.

The phone is not showing any signal in the network as well.

Have tried to manually select a mobile network. It detects few networks like Airten INA, Dolphin, Idea but is unable to connect to any of them.

When I checked the 'Status' under 'About Phone' in 'Settings', I got the following information:

Network: Unknown

Signal Strength: 0 dBm 99 asu

Mobile network type: UNKNOWN:0

Service State: Radio off

Mobile network state: Disconnected

My phone number: Unknown

IMEI: Unknown

Please suggest what should be done.

have you changed the baseband?

It's under settings>device settings>baseband

Use the settings as shown in screenshot if your from India.

If it still doesn't work, keep trying different baseband till they work

Sent via my Defy+

hi i tried to do this and after i wipe data and cache it only gives me option to go to sdcard/update.zip

what do i do?

do i change the cm10 name to update? extract the files to sdcard/?

thanks.

you are doing it wrong I suppose...I mean, you are trying to install the ROM using stock recovery instead of Clockworkmod Recovery (2ndinitboot.apk).

Please follow the tutorial properly. We have mentioned each step in detailed manner. Do proceed step by step as mentioned.

if you are unsure about any point mentioned or have any doubt, do feel free to ask here :)