[Root]Pantech burst

CrackUC

Hello everyone!

I'm done with the installation of 4.0 and I absolutely love the ROM. It was only my second time rooting a phone so its still taking me time to understand things.

I've been wanting to install google apps(primarily Talk) which dont come preinstalled with the ROM. Could anyone help me with this? I'm not sure which version of gapps to download and install.

Your help is much appreciated. :)

you can install talk from play store :D

• 3 weeks later...

You Need to repeat same steps means install from zip and flash  ' Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip ' several times Till something success or like done appears .

Nope for me...

Get:

-- Installing /sdcard/Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
E:Can't open /sdcard/Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted.

And when enabling signature check I get also

E:failed to verify whole-file signature.
E:signature verification failed.

No matter how many times I run the 'choose zip from sdcard' option.

Is the zip broken? Do you have MD5 for it?

And why is it trying to install from /sdcard when it was pushed to /sdcard/external_sd ?

Nope for me...

Get:

-- Installing /sdcard/Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
E:Can't open /sdcard/Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted.

And when enabling signature check I get also

E:failed to verify whole-file signature.
E:signature verification failed.

No matter how many times I run the 'choose zip from sdcard' option.

Is the zip broken? Do you have MD5 for it?

And why is it trying to install from /sdcard when it was pushed to /sdcard/external_sd ?

well ,you need to flash till it gets successfully installed.

Which is much preferred,easy and safe method? This method or the Hack Burst Kit( http://tau.shadowchild.nl/attn1/?p=297 )?  Which method should I go for? Has anyone faced any problem with this root method?  :-?

Thanks  :smile:

well ,thats good but kernel in it will break wifi badly and I faced lags.Rest ur wish:D

well ,you need to flash till it gets successfully installed.well ,thats good but kernel in it will break wifi badly and I faced lags.Rest ur wish:D

My Kernel Version is '3.0.8-perf p13684@bs195#1 SMP  PREEMPT Mon Aug 27 17:24:36 KST 2012', can I root my Burst with your method? How will I update the CWM Recovery as in this root method it is CWM 5.x and the latest is 6.x I guess? Please help me. I'll be grateful to you.

My Kernel Version is '3.0.8-perf p13684@bs195#1 SMP  PREEMPT Mon Aug 27 17:24:36 KST 2012', can I root my Burst with your method? How will I update the CWM Recovery as in this root method it is CWM 5.x and the latest is 6.x I guess? Please help me. I'll be grateful to you.

I have the same kernel, and dont have any prblem rooting... i use cwm 6.x

Well yes you can :) . After successful root , Follow the CWM thread instructions to get latest CWM :D

How will I update the CWM Recovery as in this root method it is CWM 5.x and the latest is 6.x I think?

How will I update the CWM Recovery as in this root method it is CWM 5.x and the latest is 6.x I think?

just follow the CWM thread instruction it will be overwritten and updated :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi I am using burst since a month, it came with ICS 4.0... I want to root it to unlock the wifi and usb tethering... Do i need to back up all my personal data and apps ? will this rooting process erases all data on the phone i.e. contacts, gallery, apps etc.?

Bi

Hi I am using burst since a month, it came with ICS 4.0... I want to root it to unlock the wifi and usb tethering... Do i need to back up all my personal data and apps ? will this rooting process erases all data on the phone i.e. contacts, gallery, apps etc.?

You should always back up your data of they are important to you. With that said, rooting burst should be a quick and painless, especially now with the 1 step batch file, you don't even have to type all the commands yourself. The file will install cwm and root your phone in less than 3min. So what are you waiting for? Go down load the file at xda-developer's forum,        http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/Pantech_Burst.

Once you're there, read the instructions on rooting, and download adb and the hacking tool

I don't know why who ever made that  wonderful device call it a hacking tool, that name seems to scare people away. If you really want to experience rooting for yourself, go ahead, I did it that way the first time, and it's perfectly safe.

Sent from my PantechP9070 on cm10 using Tapatalk 2

How can I take all backup before rooting? can you please suggest steps or tutorial link please...

Thank You ...

You can do that by handset (setting/backup nd restore)  or from 3rd party program like carbon (search it on Google play).

Btw why do u wanna backup b4 rooting?

Be clear that backup u are making isn't gonna restore ur device from brick.

And rooting is only .0000001% dangerous. Follow the instructions and don't panic.

Successfully rooted my Burst... just it took hardly 3min... thankyou for your support... one more question: I have a bunch of paid themes with me... after i installed those I cant find them in themes list or in menu... but those are visible in installed apps list..., So, any idea about it? ...