[Root]Pantech burst

CrackUC

Here is the somewhat detailed procedure to root pantech burst..

For Gingerbread users.

1. BE BRAVE DON'T GET SCARED OFF NOTHING CAN HAPPEN .

2. Download This Folder  --> Pantech Burst Root GB  ( personally checked and uploaded on a secure hosting )

3. Enable USB debugging on your device by Going to setting->Application->Development->USB debugging(tick this).

4. Connect Your phone with PC And make sure its recognizable .

5. Open ADB by Holding shift in the folder (Pantech burst root ) you have the ADB files (pantech burst root GB) and than right click than open  command prompt here.

( Simply in the folder(pantech burst root) you have adb files --> Hold shift whole press right click and in that menu click open command prompt here . )

6. Run the following command , in ADB .

ADB reboot Bootloader

7. Than You'll see a new screen in your phone written Fastboot mode.

8. Run another command in ADB now ,

fastboot boot prestoroot.img

9. In few seconds your phone will be rooted and than reboot your phone .

10.  Download this superuser App from play store .

IF You had troubles like ADB stucks are < Waiting for the device > Than This tutorial Might help ;)

For Ice Cream Sandwich Users

1. BE BRAVE DON'T GET SCARED OFF NOTHING CAN HAPPEN .

2. Download This Folder  --> Pantech Burst Root ICS  ( personally checked and uploaded on a secure hosting )

3. Enable USB debugging on your device by going to Settings->Developers Option -> Usb Debugging(tick this).

4. Connect Your phone with PC And make sure its recognizable .

5. Open ADB by Holding shift in the folder (Pantech burst root ICS)you have the ADB files and than right click than open  command prompt here.

( Simply in the folder(Pantech burst root ICS) you have adb files --> Hold shift whole press right click and in that menu click open command prompt here . )

6. Run The following Commands in ADB ,

adb push Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip /sdcard/external_sd/
( Better copy this and paste by right clicking there and selecting paste )

Now After Than Run this command  ,

adb reboot bootloader

Now this ,

fastboot boot cwm-5.0.2.7-presto.img

Now a new screen will appear in phone , In that select 'Install From Zip Card'  Option . You Phone's Volume up - down Buttons are the up-down there and power button is Select .

7. Than select that  ' Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip ' From the Sd Card ( Note In the command

( We pasted that file in your SD card . )

8. You Need to repeat same steps means install from zip and flash  ' Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip ' several times Till something success or like done appears .

9. Reboot your phone and Now You have a Rooted Pantech Burst Running on ICS .

FOR ClockWork Recovery .

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

INDEX: [iNDEX] Everything For Pantech Burst

DISCUSSION : Offcial Pantech Burst discussion thread

ESSENTIALS :[TUTORIAL] [Root]Pantech burst

[TUTORIAL] ClockWork Recovery Mod For Pantech Burst

ROMS: [ROMS] Pantech Burst Custom Roms

Stock firmwares : [stock ROMS] Pantech Burst all stock  Roms

Source Build Guides : [TUTORIAL] Compile Unoffcial Paranoid For Pantech burst

[TUTORIAL] Compile Unofficial CyanogenMod 10 for Pantech Burst

[TUTORIAL] Compile Unofficial AOKP for Pantech Burst

[TUTORIAL] Compile Unoffical AOSP ICS for Pantech Burst ( Codeaurora )

MODS/TWEAKS  : [TUTORIAL] How to Unlock Bootlaoder in Pantech burst

Miscellaneous : [TUTORIAL] Going Back To Gingerbread in Pantech Burst

[TUTORIAL] How to Make your pantech Burst recognizable

[TUTORIAL] How to remove All At&T Default apps/Bloatware from Pantech Burst

[TUTORIAL] 2G / 3G Toggle for Pantech Burst

[TUTORIAL] Unlock AT&T Pantech Burst

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• 4 weeks later...

Fabulous!

A couple of useful links/notes:

Before you begin, you'll need to install Pantech PC Suite and PDANet. (Without PDANet, your computer may not recognize the phone once it's in fastboot. If that happens, just pull the battery and reboot.)

Pantech PC Suite: http://c724062.r62.cf2.rackcdn.com/PantechPCSuite_1.1.1.3437.exe

PDANet: http://junefabrics.com/android/download.php

Fabulous!

A couple of useful links/notes:

Before you begin, you'll need to install Pantech PC Suite and PDANet. (Without PDANet, your computer may not recognize the phone once it's in fastboot. If that happens, just pull the battery and reboot.)

Pantech PC Suite: http://c724062.r62.cf2.rackcdn.com/PantechPCSuite_1.1.1.3437.exe

PDANet: http://junefabrics.com/android/download.php

I messed up with that also :D My phone doesn't get recognized in fastboot mode . So I fixed some things and came up with this solution .

http://forum.gizmolord.com/android/usb-drivers-for-pantech-burst/

BTW thanks as you confirmed I'll add pdanet in list too :D

• 3 weeks later...

I don't get your method of opening ADB. Hold Shift and Right Click* Then type the command in ADB but everytime I open ADB it closes. How do I keep it open?

In the blank are right click while shift is pressed . And than select open command window here . And than paste the codes. Also you can open the cmd directly and cd into that directory . That will be the same thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! I'm trying to root my new burst right now. I have downloaded and installed everything you've mentioned. On entering this command during step 6(ICS): adb push Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip /sdcard/external_sd/ I get an error saying: K:\>adb push Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip /sdcard/external_sd/ failed to copy 'Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip' to '/sdcard/external_sd/': Permission denied Any ideas? Please dont kill me if the answer is too obvious, I'm doing this the first time. PS: I'm running windows 7. I've tried running it as admin, doesn't work.

Hello!

I'm trying to root my new burst right now. I have downloaded and installed everything you've mentioned.

On entering this command:

I get an error saying:

K:\>adb push Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip /sdcard/external_sd/

failed to copy 'Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip' to '/sdcard/external_sd/': Permission denied

Any ideas?

Please dont kill me if the answer is too obvious, I'm doing this the first time.

PS: I'm running windows 7. I've tried running it as admin, doesn't work.

you might not enabled usb debugging . Or might not be having an external SD card fitted .! There are ways to do w/o ext-sd but I don't want to make another tutorial for that -_- .  If you got some sense you can urself do that :D . CWM 6 supports SD also so:/ . But try with enabling usb debugging , make sure phone is recognizable and ext-sd card is fitted . 

Hello everyone! I'm done with the installation of 4.0 and I absolutely love the ROM. It was only my second time rooting a phone so its still taking me time to understand things. I've been wanting to install google apps(primarily Talk) which dont come preinstalled with the ROM. Could anyone help me with this? I'm not sure which version of gapps to download and install. Your help is much appreciated. :)