[GUIDE]Create your own repartitioned core and rofs2 by VGP & Vizhigal

shivam94

cant flash with OFW also..phone permanantly bricked:(

can you upload the below.

1. Copy your core to NFE0706 FOLDER , open your core and get the parttab.bin

2.Copy your  ROFS2 to anew folder , open it in Nokia cooker , Remove all the files from your ROFS2 .

3.If you have modified anything other than the above upload the files here.

Let me check where you have gone wrong... hold on and dont flash your phone again to further damage.

kindly understand the guide and then do it.Do not try to copy the same values to phones other than RM-625.Calculate the total rofs space for your phone,which is specific for each RM,and then do the partitions.

Also you can see Mr.gourav,1054v ,chris and other friends in daily mobile forum are trying with different experimental values and having fun.

My guide only deals with rofs1/2/3 partition adjustments which are generally safe to edit,chance to get a permanent brick is rare,if you operate within the limits.But like all firmware editing/flashing processes,do it at your own risk.

cant flash with OFW also..phone permanantly bricked:(

mate don't get panic.  you are just messed up with the files.

I am sure you can revive it yourself.

Now do not use the ofw files in the folder you used for partition .

Take fresh copies of all your ofw files and re flash.

I am playing with the same procedure for more than two weeks. My phone bricked several times earlier when something went wrong. But always revived it back by reflashing it properly.

Which phone you use ?

And can you post the values that you given for rofs1/2/3 files ?

can you upload the below.

1. Copy your core to NFE0706 FOLDER , open your core and get the parttab.bin

2.Copy your  ROFS2 to anew folder , open it in Nokia cooker , Remove all the files from your ROFS2 .

3.If you have modified anything other than the above upload the files here.

Let me check where you have gone wrong... hold on and dont flash your phone again to further damage.

i flashed with binh v51.6 core and got back my phone to normal..wait will upload

mate don't get panic. I am sure you are messed up with the files.

Now do not use the ofw files in the folder you used for partition .

Take fresh copies of all your ofw files and re flash.

I am playing with the same procedure for more than two weeks. My phone bricked several times earlier when something went wrong. But always revived it back by reflashing it properly.

Which phone you use ?

And can you post the values that you given for rofs1/2/3 files ?

i use RM-588 v 51.9.2..values are as follows

Rofs1=0.5 mb

Rofs2=118.125mb

Rofs3=0.5 mb

EDIT:now i have v51.6.2 in my phone..i couldnt flash with v51.9.2 ofw also..is it the problem with v51.9.2??

and i use nokia cooker 2.4..should i use 2.9??

i use RM-588 v 51.9.2..values are as follows

Rofs1=0.5 mb

Rofs2=118.125mb

Rofs3=0.5 mb

EDIT:now i have v51.6.2 in my phone..i couldnt flash with v51.9.2 ofw also..is it the problem with v51.9.2??

51.9 is a chinese variant. (is binh core available for that ?). I think  better to stay with 51.6 files and try repartitioning it.

Yes better to use nok.cooker 2.9(latest version)

51.9 is a chinese variant. (is binh core available for that ?). I think  better to stay with 51.6 files and try repartitioning it.

Yes better to use nok.cooker 2.9(latest version)

ya its chinese variant (PRC)..nope dont thnk binh core available..but why i cudnt flash with v51.9.2 OFW files with navifirm??..if brick my phone trying to repartition v 51.6 then what if phone doesnt get back to normal after flashing with v51.6 OFW??:(

EDIT:binh core not available for v51.9.2

ya its chinese variant (PRC)..nope dont thnk binh core available..but why i cudnt flash with v51.9.2 OFW files with navifirm??..if brick my phone trying to repartition v 51.6 then what if phone doesnt get back to normal after flashing with v51.6 OFW??:(

EDIT:binh core not available for v51.9.2

no no mate,you are just frustrated with that first brick.  Partitioning 51.6 is safe . Since you are already in that version, you can always revive it back by reflashing.

Same thing happened to me too. In my RM-625 ,the even the core prepared by devilyazdan didn't work for v51.9.2 chinese variant.

So i think it has some weird compatibility issues. That's why the core for it is not available in binh blog or in chinese forums.

But with 51.1.02 files (for rm625) all my re partition experiments worked just fine.

no no mate,you are just frustrated with that first brick.  Partitioning 51.6 is safe . Since you are already in that version, you can always revive it back by reflashing.

Same thing happened to me too. In my RM-625 ,the even the core prepared by devilyazdan didn't work for v51.9.2 chinese variant.

So i think it has some weird compatibility issues. That's why the core for it is not available in binh blog or in chinese forums.

But with 51.1.02 files (for rm625) all my re partition experiments worked just fine.

thanks a lot mate:)..now downloading v51.6.2 Black UK-Ireland through navifirm..i can use download manager after copying URL na??

and this is the first time i bricked my phone like this in 2 n half years since i got my 5230:(..+1 for all you guys helping me..

Success :-bd..i successfully repartitoned RM 588 v 51.6.2 (UK-IRELAND-PORTUGAL) and used it to flash Hawk CFW :P :P..and about the warning on 1st page please dont be afraid..i bricked my phone coz i used v51.9.2 which has some issues..this tutorial is perfect =D>.. oh btw i think this is the first user review for this tutorial :P:)>-

What a warning added to my safe rofs editing  guide ! ---'Nokia care ' ,

'erase certificate values '

'eternal brick '

Horrible !

Now who will try this ??

dont worry..u can tell 5230 users not to use  v51.9.2..other than that chance of bricking is very less if the tutorial is followed step by step..this will be a great success:)

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...