- Additional Scripts for third-part applications

- SDL 2.31 Libraries

- Signal Server 1.06

- Symbian OS STDIOSERVER 1.06

System Archieve Format:

- Bytepair (Standart)

Requirements:

- Symbian S^1 Phone

- 5.7 Mb free space in the FW of Containers CORE (ROFS1), or ROFS2, or ROFS3 + 2.7 ?? (yes, kylobytes!!!) in the APE (UDA)

- Extract files from folder CORE-ROFS1-ROFS2-ROFS3 into the containers: Core (Rofs1) or Rofs2 or Rofs3

- Extract files from folder APE into the container APE (~3 kylobytes, but it very needed)

- Repack FW and flash phone without FactorySet with APE (UDA) file

- After Flashing copy into the "E" disc files from folder "E" (~3 kylobytes, but it very needed)

Download:

A.I. Python Pack v.2.0 For Core-ROFS By Aeronliru (Bytepair)

2) Improved Version.

Contain:

- Python 1.45

- Python 1.45 ScriptShells

- Python 2.00

- Python 2.00.3 ScriptShells

- Python Module Pack 1.0 By AeronLiRu

- SDL 2.31 Libraries

- Signal Server 1.06

System Archieve Format:

- None (Raw EPOC)

Requirements:

- Symbian S^1 Phone

- 7.84 Mb free space in the FW of Containers CORE (ROFS1), or ROFS2, or ROFS3 + 2.7 ?? (yes, kylobytes!!!) in the APE (UDA)

- Extract files from folder CORE-ROFS1-ROFS2-ROFS3 into the containers: Core (Rofs1) or Rofs2 or Rofs3

- Extract files from folder APE into the container APE (~3 kylobytes, but it very needed)

- After Flashing copy into the "E" disc files from folder "E" (~3 kylobytes, but it very needed)

Differs from Standart Version:

- Contain rebuilded system files for speed up commands of Python, and speed up performance of Python apps, and more free RAM

Download:

A.I. Python Pack v.2.0 For Core-ROFS By Aeronliru (Raw Epoc)

3) Lite Version.

Contain:

- Python 1.45

- Python 1.45 ScriptShells

- Python 2.00

- Python 2.00.3 ScriptShells

- Python Module Pack 1.0 By AeronLiRu

- SDL 2.31 Libraries

- Signal Server 1.06

System Archieve Format:

- Deflate (High Compression)

Requirements:

- Symbian S^1 Phone

- 5.37 Mb free space in the FW of Containers CORE (ROFS1), or ROFS2, or ROFS3 + 2.7 ?? (yes, kylobytes!!!) in the APE (UDA)

Differs from Standart Version:

- Contain rebuilded files for reducing space occuped by Pack. But it cause some loss preformance of Python apps and some loss free RAM.

Download:

A.I. Python Pack v.2.0 For Core-ROFS By Aeronliru (Deflate)

NOTE: Do not make HARD RESET after flashing! If You will Do HARD RESET to your Phone, Just copy into the disc "C" files from folder APE (3 Kbytes) and your Python apps will launch again!

Changelog:

v.1.0 - First Release

v.1.0 (Re-release, 1.1) - added files for recocnizing Python apps from FlashCard, fix bug "Mising Python Runtime" when installing Python 1.45 apps.

v.2.0 - Deleted internet checking for new components, turning off launching SoftwareUpdate, code Optimization.

this one is really perfect :)

+1 for the share !!!

I know that you haven't tested it, so don't hurry with this.

A lot of things are done for this to work properly, but there are several things left that need to be fixed by Aeronliru (I'm sure he we'll fix them soon).

In my view having SS and modules in Z is not very good practice.

Don't get me wrong, I am excited of this release, it just needs a little more work on it. The author don't likes criticism well (especially from me), so I don't posted this comment on DM. Just have in mind, that this is not final release in my view and contains some bugs...

I know that you haven't tested it, so don't hurry with this.

A lot of things are done for this to work properly, but there are several things left that need to be fixed by Aeronliru (I'm sure he we'll fix them soon).

In my view having SS and modules in Z is not very good practice.

Don't get me wrong, I am excited of this release, it just needs a little more work on it. The author don't likes criticism well (especially from me), so I don't posted this comment on DM. Just have in mind, that this is not final release in my view and contains some bugs...

Ooh, I acted upon the user reviews.... Many users used this and reported to work fine... As I myself dont have a phone to check with this, I didnt look into it... They pasted this pack and installed a python app which packs an image to .mif file (I dont remember the app name) and It did work fine with them.

BTW, Aeronliru is here too...he do visit here often but I never did see his post anywhere.

Well, Lamerfall, you're not rite. On DM I post final pack, and if the author of this Topic looked at updates on my Own Site or DM he will knows that I rebuild some files and added some fixes into the pack and some new overview. As for me, all my Python Apps works well, exept MIF manager, cause it is very unuseful app cause I use SISBoom and SmartSIS that contains SVG-MIF-SVG converters and other beautiful stuff. and for this MifManager won't work properly on the most usual Python packs. IN my A.I. Python Pack (A.I. - is for my own future project mod) I collect all of neede modules and add ScriptShells with extremely rights.

Well, Lamerfall, you're not rite. On DM I post final pack, and if the author of this Topic looked at updates on my Own Site or DM he will knows that I rebuild some files and added some fixes into the pack and some new overview.

As for me, all my Python Apps works well, exept MIF manager, cause it is very unuseful app cause I use SISBoom and SmartSIS that contains SVG-MIF-SVG converters and other beautiful stuff. and for this MifManager won't work properly on the most usual Python packs.

IN my A.I. Python Pack (A.I. - is for my own future project mod) I collect all of neede modules and add ScriptShells with extremely rights.

Welcome to the forum buddy :)

Glad to see you here... BTW, I guess its SisContents app which was working fine with the posted python pack in this topic.

Well, Lamerfall, you're not rite. On DM I post final pack, and if the author of this Topic looked at updates on my Own Site or DM he will knows that I rebuild some files and added some fixes into the pack and some new overview.

As for me, all my Python Apps works well, exept MIF manager, cause it is very unuseful app cause I use SISBoom and SmartSIS that contains SVG-MIF-SVG converters and other beautiful stuff. and for this MifManager won't work properly on the most usual Python packs.

IN my A.I. Python Pack (A.I. - is for my own future project mod) I collect all of neede modules and add ScriptShells with extremely rights.

welcome to GL bro.. :)

sorry, i dint looked at your thread at DM for update..

Just saw now, but it'll be hard for me to update the links as m using mobile now, but if u want, u can create a new thread for this n i'll delete this thread.. :)

or, i'll update the links tomorrow, when i'll b using my lappy.. :)

just waiting for your answer.. :)

I haven't time to test it, but expect bugs with some python 2.0 applications.

When I have more time I'll write a bug report.

Don't be mad that I made ??a Python instead of you, and now you're looking for a bugs in it.

;-)

Let's make things better!

Guys, Competition is good...but a healthy competition will prove better for personal development and Symbian development :)

Don't be mad that I made ??a Python instead of you, and now you're looking for a bugs in it.

;-)

Let's make things better!

I am not mad about this. My view about Python is a little different and I am not very keen on the idea for having everything in ROFS. Actually I am interested of the opposite - removing as many things as possible from the ROFS (need this for dual boot).

I was curious to see how you have achieved this, so I downloaded the first version published, but when I opened its files, I noticed without installing it, that some things are not fixed - that's the reason I've decided not to test, but to wait for better version.

Just an example of bug in your first version and its solution:

(I don't know if you have fixed this till now)

When running some python 1.9.x and  2.0 applications on some firmwares it will start Software Update first and then the application. On others it doesn't start the software update but tries to start it. All this leads to delayed startup in general and is annoying at least for me.

Fix for this: (I used it in my PyRun project):

Python 2.0 applications search for the following on C drive:

c:\resource\Python25 - directory itself

c:\resource\Python25\python25.zip - the zip file

The zip file can be empty as applications don't check its contents, they use it to see if there is the latest python.

From where is possible to come new bugs - Python 1.4.x (I am really happy, that I don't use applications, that need it)

It is used for 1.4.x programs and older (made for previous versions, as 2.0.0 is not compatible with them).

Some apps <1.4.5 were designed to work if they are installed only on the same drive with python (I think it is from the time where python was only for C).

After that comes the problem 2 with 1.4.x - From the time that it was possible to have it installed on E: some applications needed it only in E: I remember the time when I intalled python on c to run some apps, and afterwards I installed it on e to run other...

From v 1.9.x python modules are in the Python25.zip and it is used for marker, but before modules was stand alone files in the dir. If in  application modules are loaded via imp or other method that differs from the trivial standart this will cause problems, as it won't find the desired module even if it is present in system...

Well, all of my Python apps (about 20 apps) works perfectly.

As for SoftwareUpdate, I check this and fix it if it has problem. There is nothing hard to do this. :)

As for modules, so my pack contain all new modules that exist in the world.

So don't worry about it.

Welcome to the forum mate! :)

Dnt knw abt this, I'm gonna test soon! btw QT Pack was awesome! +1 :)

Author or first post copy new links with the changelog from DM!

Version update! Links Updated!

v.2.0 - Deleted internet checking for new components, turning off launching SoftwareUpdate, code Optimization.

Now Python don't check for a new components in Internet and don't launch Software Update. Adding for this all Python apps launch faster then before.

THX for lamerfall for bugreport.

Now Python don't check for a new components in Internet and don't launch Software Update. Adding for this all Python apps launch faster then before.

awesm mate! :-bd tx fr the update! +1¡

done.. :)

thanks for the update buddy.. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...