[Solved] Flashing with same cfw

Tristar

Hey guys i was just wondering if i can reflash my phone with the same cfw without having all my app data and settings lost  that im using (which happends when u flash a new cfw/hard reset) cause ive added some few mods and repacked it. Someone had said i have to use a blank uda, but could someone be more detailed thanks...thanks !!!!

• 3 weeks later...

now one more question using xplore I have copied my c drive to memory card in a folder if i put all these files in img file of uda and later use that for flashing will i have the phone in xact condition as now because i have spare memory card and will test krystal on that but want to keep this cfw also :D

now one more question using xplore I have copied my c drive to memory card in a folder if i put all these files in img file of uda and later use that for flashing will i have the phone in xact condition as now because i have spare memory card and will test krystal on that but want to keep this cfw also :D

LOl, you got it wrong :P

Cfws cant be installed or copied in memory card or anywhere....the cfw files are present in ROM and not C:/ drive

C:/ drive contains only user content. All the user made contents...like messages, phone contacts, phone settings, browser bookmarks, etc

well my understanding is that whatever is in uda file while flashing will appear on c :( and by copying c onto uda will it not make my phones c drive like i have today ? provided i use the same cor and rofs2 and have all memory card folders intact ? yes im a newbie so i dont expect words of wisdom from myself :D by working on my genius idea i just got 42.8 mb of uda now am i going very wrong ?

well my understanding is that whatever is in uda file while flashing will appear on c :(

and by copying c onto uda will it not make my phones c drive like i have today ?

provided i use the same cor and rofs2 and have all memory card folders intact ? yes im a newbie so i dont expect words of wisdom from myself :D

by working on my genius idea i just got 42.8 mb of uda now am i going very wrong ?

ooh...if you are aware of this, then you are going right :)

copy pasting the C:/ drive content to uda would regain your data :)

Uda is the file which dumps its data to C:/ drive while flashing :)

well i posted the tutorial but posted it two times because once my browser crashed and i thought it didnt post posting links of both u can delete this one http://forum.gizmolord.com/symbian-s60v5/reserving-your-c-drive-while and retain this one plz http://forum.gizmolord.com/symbian-s60v5/this-tutorial-will-tell-you-how-can-you-save-files-on-c-while-trying-a-new-fw/new/#new