How to Make your pantech Burst recognizable

CrackUC

Many of us maybe suffering from the problem while rooting Pantech burst of not recognizing the phone in FASTBOOT Mode . And sometime PC suite also doesn't recognize . Here is the permanent fix for all problems..

First Download Pantech PC suite from HERE    , Mirror Link for Download Pentech PC Suite if official link is not working

2. Install the PC suite . ( This Step is very important as this software going to give you the drivers )

3. After you installed Pantech Pc suite Enable USB debugging in your phone .

To Enable USB debugging in ICS

Settings->Developers Option -> Usb Debugging(tick this).

TO Enable USB debugging in Ginger bread .

setting->Application->Development->USB debugging(tick this).

4. Now Connect your phone to PC .In main mobo usb ports . By default very people doesn't face any problem . But This guide is for those who face.

5. Now right click on My computer and click on manage .

6. Select Device manager from the left pane .

7. Now there should be 2 things there . Don't compare with my screenshot .

(1.) There can be one unidentified device .

(2.) There can be one device under android .

Posted Image

8.  Where ever the device is right click and click on update drivers .

9. A pop up will come with 2 options there . Select Browse my computer for driver software .

10. Select the place where you installed the pc suite . And select the folder android usb driver ver1 . Click on OK .

[img width=585 height=420] 1-8.png

11. Most probably it will go . If it fails or something like that . Than after clicking on ok , select lemme pick from a list of driver from my computer .Then if it comes to choose category of device then select android device followed by any one of 2 drivers listed there .

Now Your phone will be recognized by PC .

Advice : Install I small software called PDAnet , which will also install your phone's driver into computer .The procedure above works fine for everyone  , just you can try that too if everything is going worse  :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Your Phone gets unrecognized while in fastboot mode

Repeat the same procedure just make sure your phone is in fastboot mode while updating drivers .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you face any problems or want to ask something else just comment below . But before comment just look AT THIS LINK maybe your problem is already solved there :D

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

INDEX: [iNDEX] Everything For Pantech Burst

DISCUSSION : Offcial Pantech Burst discussion thread

ESSENTIALS :[TUTORIAL] [Root]Pantech burst

[TUTORIAL] ClockWork Recovery Mod For Pantech Burst

ROMS: [ROMS] Pantech Burst Custom Roms

Stock firmwares : [stock ROMS] Pantech Burst all stock  Roms

Source Build Guides : [TUTORIAL] Compile Unoffcial Paranoid For Pantech burst

[TUTORIAL] Compile Unofficial CyanogenMod 10 for Pantech Burst

[TUTORIAL] Compile Unofficial AOKP for Pantech Burst

[TUTORIAL] Compile Unoffical AOSP ICS for Pantech Burst ( Codeaurora )

MODS/TWEAKS  : [TUTORIAL] How to Unlock Bootlaoder in Pantech burst

Miscellaneous : [TUTORIAL] Going Back To Gingerbread in Pantech Burst

[TUTORIAL] How to Make your pantech Burst recognizable

[TUTORIAL] How to remove All At&T Default apps/Bloatware from Pantech Burst

[TUTORIAL] 2G / 3G Toggle for Pantech Burst

[TUTORIAL] Unlock AT&T Pantech Burst

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I still have a problem where the phone is still not recognized in fastboot mode even after the drivers have been installed. I have 2 Pantech Bursts ones is rooted and running Devamper's Rom. I managed to root one but the other just doesn't want to be rooted lol. Idk I followed the tutorial word for word. Maybe its Windows Xp? :-??  Help would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

I still have a problem where the phone is still not recognized in fastboot mode even after

the drivers have been installed. I have 2 Pantech Bursts ones is rooted and running Devamper's Rom.

I managed to root one but the other just doesn't want to be rooted lol. Idk I followed the tutorial word for word.

Maybe its Windows Xp? :-??  Help would be appreciated.

well . you need to jiggle yourself :( . It happened with me also . But at last everything goes fine and Os isn't really matter :D / . Only windows 8 bugs not windows 7 / XP :D

I have this problem too. Can someone help me?

same reply as above .

This is becoming a problem. I have gone through several guides and even had 'experts' manhandle my pantech burst only to tell me its unrootable. All I bloody want is to be able to use a screen recorder app. Preferably one with voice record built right in. Is that REALLY so much to ask? Hell, the burst doesn't even come with a standard screen shot ability. And before you say 'volume and power button I seriously suggest you pick one up and try it. Is there any programs on the market. Legal or otherwise, that don't require constant reconnecting to a computer or rooting? Hell, can't someone make a modded program for just that? One that is simply 'Download and Go'?

This is becoming a problem. I have gone through several guides and even had 'experts' manhandle my pantech burst only to tell me its unrootable. All I bloody want is to be able to use a screen recorder app. Preferably one with voice record built right in. Is that REALLY so much to ask? Hell, the burst doesn't even come with a standard screen shot ability. And before you say 'volume and power button I seriously suggest you pick one up and try it.

Is there any programs on the market. Legal or otherwise, that don't require constant reconnecting to a computer or rooting? Hell, can't someone make a modded program for just that? One that is simply 'Download and Go'?

Well , I think rooting isn't a big thing atleast :3 . If its that much problem :/ Than I'll arrange a team viewer meeting with you  :D . Will get ur burst rooted there :D . and volume down+power button == screenshot in burst :D

I have an unrooted burst and I just want to be able to get my songs and pictures off of it. It was recognized one time by an XP but It doesn't recognize it anymore. Before, the XP would recognize the device and i would get my music and pics off of it and whatnot. Now, it doesn't recognize it whatsoever. I use a Windows Vista currently and it doesn't have the android or pantech drivers. I have the newest version of pc suite for pantech... Please help?!

The download link above is not available any more so I leave  here http://c724062.r62.cf2.rackcdn.com/PantechPCSuite_1.1.1.3437.exe the link to download PC Suite immediately for burst... thanx for the tut!

Thanx for providing and +1 for your help ........

as Official is best and updated so it'll be remain their , they will fix it soon.. ........ your link added as Mirror ....... :D

Navratn123

• 4 weeks later...

the burst never worked for me on windows 8 .

not for sync or as USB storage.

tried the above method but was still seeing the yellow exclamation mark.

For windows 8 it has some issues :/ . I don't use windows 8  so I never came to a solution  . Sorry :/

I was planning to upgrade my pc to 8... However burst works with my lappy with win 8. I have installed pc suite and official updater. Only thing that doesn't work is adb.  It says old version killing now and device ain't get detected. However problem got resolved when i deleted adb from updater installation folder, now everything works fine.

the burst never worked for me on windows 8 .

not for sync or as USB storage.

tried the above method but was still seeing the yellow exclamation mark.

Windows 8 has many compatibility issues and drivers which are not at all a problem in Windows 7. Always keep Windows 7 in a small partition so that it would benefit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 4 weeks later...

Still no fix for the windows 8 compatability issues?? I have been trying this thing all day, following every step in this tut to A freakin T! and trying every thing i can think of and windows 8 absolutely refuses to recognize my device. The current drivers are in place ready to go, but every time i get a brainstorm and try something new I still end up with the same error message when attempting to update the drivers, "Windows found driver software but encountered an error blah blah blah :-@ & that windows cannot initialize device driver for this hardware (Code 37)"...  with the same cursed little yellow exclamation point popping up, every, single, time ~X( ... OK I'm done venting sorry about that, but any help would be extremely appreciated.

Still no fix for the windows 8 compatability issues?? I have been trying this thing all day, following every step in this tut to A freakin T! and trying every thing i can think of and windows 8 absolutely refuses to recognize my device. The current drivers are in place ready to go, but every time i get a brainstorm and try something new I still end up with the same error message when attempting to update the drivers, "Windows found driver software but encountered an error blah blah blah :-@ & that windows cannot initialize device driver for this hardware (Code 37)"...  with the same cursed little yellow exclamation point popping up, every, single, time ~X( ... OK I'm done venting sorry about that, but any help would be extremely appreciated.

Try this , I don't grantee of its working :) you confirm me please its the least you can :D .

[solved] Success!! Got the drivers to work on windows8 x64 successfully

Turns out that the pantech usb drivers were the ones creating the problem. If uninstalling the pantech usb drivers only wont solve the problem, do this method.

1. Uninstall Pantech PC Suite & Pantech USB driver v1.1 from programs, restart.

2. Connect phone to computer. It will install drivers automatically.

3. Disconnect Phone. Install PC Suite. It will also install those pantech usb drivers.

4. In programs files, uninstall the pantech usb drivers.

5. connect phone. drivers will get installed automatically. You should be able to see pantech 9070 in devices.

6. Run pc suite and it will find the device properly now. you can connect to the phone as usual.

tested under adb devices and it recognizes the device too

Try this , I don't grantee of its working :) you confirm me please its the least you can :D .

Still cant get it to work. I tried it several times and the device would only be recognized as portable devices, disk drive E and F, in device manager. And now after my last attempt I cant even reinstall pc suite anymore, I keep getting a message saying "this version is already installed on computer"... The only thing i can think of is to refresh my computer and give it another go later tonight an see if that helps? :-?? 

Still cant get it to work. I tried it several times and the device would only be recognized as portable devices, disk drive E and F, in device manager. And now after my last attempt I cant even reinstall pc suite anymore, I keep getting a message saying "this version is already installed on computer"... The only thing i can think of is to refresh my computer and give it another go later tonight an see if that helps? :-?? 

use drier sweeper to completely clean . That was the least I could help on windows 8 issues :-/

use drier sweeper to completely clean . That was the least I could help on windows 8 issues :-/

I couldnt get it to work but ur effort does not go unnoticed! I guess windows 8 just doesn't have what it takes :-O  Oh well, Thanks for all your help man its highly appreciated!  \m/ :)>- peace