Defy - stuck at "google" logo

liores121

well im a bit in problem.

I dont remember which version i had when i bought the cellphone,

it was over two years ago i guess

would stock rom operator "Orange" 2.2.2 will do the job?

Should do the job hopefully. Though I am not sure if this is the best way or not..Let the defy and defy plus owners of this forum assist you in this regard ....

Sent from my Galaxy Y on cm7 v1.7 by whitexp madteam

Should do the job hopefully. Though I am not sure if this is the best way or not..Let the defy and defy plus owners of this forum assist you in this regard ....

Sent from my Galaxy Y on cm7 v1.7 by whitexp madteam

i flashed with RSDLite the stock motorola rom 2.2

everything is working.

now i want to flash costum rom, ut im afraid cuz everytime i try it gets stuck at the logo and i cant succeed flashing it..

help please? maybe someone can give me the specific porceed of flashing costum rom + updated download.

i flashed with RSDLite the stock motorola rom 2.2

everything is working.

now i want to flash costum rom, ut im afraid cuz everytime i try it gets stuck at the logo and i cant succeed flashing it..

help please? maybe someone can give me the specific porceed of flashing costum rom + updated download.

When you mention that everything is working, are you talking about completely booting up to stock?

You've mentioned that you are having problems of getting stuck on logo right? It happens only if you shifted from cm10 to c9, cm7.2 etc, cause they have 2 different partitions they use.

If you want to use cm7.2, just flash the normal way (with your kernel) but make sure you system is ext3 ready, cause cm10 changes it to ext4 which makes it get stuck on logo.

to change to ext, do the below step:

At bootmenu-->tools-->file system tools-->format to ext3.

Then start with the regular cm7.2 flashing, it should work fine, if you still have problems, just clear the cache partition and dalvik cache, and let it load properly.

When you mention that everything is working, are you talking about completely booting up to stock?

You've mentioned that you are having problems of getting stuck on logo right? It happens only if you shifted from cm10 to c9, cm7.2 etc, cause they have 2 different partitions they use.

If you want to use cm7.2, just flash the normal way (with your kernel) but make sure you system is ext3 ready, cause cm10 changes it to ext4 which makes it get stuck on logo.

to change to ext, do the below step:

At bootmenu-->tools-->file system tools-->format to ext3.

Then start with the regular cm7.2 flashing, it should work fine, if you still have problems, just clear the cache partition and dalvik cache, and let it load properly.

Now I have the original motorola stock rom 2.2

I still have the issue when to flashing from this stock rom to costum rom.

I will try again with your advice and will update this post shortly.

thanks !

sure no problem...

Sent from my Defy+ running JB 4.1.2 by Master Quarx

ok,

so this is the procees i did untill now - flashed the motorola stock rom 2.2. (nordic)

rooted my phone with superoneclick

installed 2indify reovery

i succeed to install CM7 but i got some problems with it - 

the "home" button dosent work... dont know why.

the phone dont recognize the SIM inside the phone - no network

No connection via WIFI

when entering the browser - automatically force close

what to do?

ok,

so this is the procees i did untill now - flashed the motorola stock rom 2.2. (nordic)

rooted my phone with superoneclick

installed 2indify reovery

i succeed to install CM7 but i got some problems with it - 

the "home" button dosent work... dont know why.

the phone dont recognize the SIM inside the phone - no network

No connection via WIFI

when entering the browser - automatically force close

what to do?

Let me clear you one thing. I myself was having Defy MB525 before. For flashing MB525, we require kernel files to flash. Most of the recently updated ROM has this kernel files inside the ROM zip file itself. But some doesnt, so its always better to flash this kernel files after flashing the ROM file.

Try to flash this after installing ROM (Rest, the procedures are same)

http://defy.wdscript.fr/kernel/kernel-froyo-222-179-4-signed.zip

should i go trough this guide?: 1. Select "Wipe data/factory settings" ..... Confirm "Yes-Wipe data/factory settings" 2. Select "Wipe cache partition" ..... Confirm "Yes - Wipe cache partition" 3. Select "Install from sd card" ..... Select the ROM file you saved in your sd card and confirm it with "Yes" 4. Go to back>back until you reach the home menu of the recovery boot console. Then select "Advanced" option. 5. Select "Wipe Dalvik cache" 6. Select "Wipe battery cache" 7. Go to back and select "Install from sd card" .....select the kernel file you saved in your sd card and confirm it with "Yes". Defy MB525 user should install Froyo Kernel Defy+ MB526 user need not have to flash with kernel File. (just skip this process and move to step. 8 of this tutorial) 8. Select "install from sd card".....select the gapps file you saved in your sd card and confirm it with "Yes" (gapps minimal recommended) 9. Additional Step for Defy Red lens user and Defy+ user: You will need to install Red lens Battery fix file. Select "install from sd card"....select the Red lens battery fix file which you saved in your sd card and confirm it with "Yes" Now that you are done with all the installation steps, just select go back and reach to the home menu of the recovery console...there you get an option "Reboot the system". Click on it and wait for your phone to reboot with the wonderful Jelly Bean operating system of course with the notice of what to delete and what not,according to the rom and kernel.... baseband version: EPU_U_00.59.01

should i go trough this guide?:

1. Select "Wipe data/factory settings" ..... Confirm "Yes-Wipe data/factory settings"

2. Select "Wipe cache partition" ..... Confirm "Yes - Wipe cache partition"

3. Select "Install from sd card" ..... Select the ROM file you saved in your sd card and confirm it with "Yes"

4. Go to back>back until you reach the home menu of the recovery boot console. Then select "Advanced" option.

5. Select "Wipe Dalvik cache"

6. Select "Wipe battery cache"

7. Go to back and select "Install from sd card" .....select the kernel file you saved in your sd card and confirm it with "Yes".

Defy MB525 user should install Froyo Kernel

Defy+ MB526 user need not have to flash with kernel File. (just skip this process and move to step. 8 of this tutorial)

8. Select "install from sd card".....select the gapps file you saved in your sd card and confirm it with "Yes"

(gapps minimal recommended)

9. Additional Step for Defy Red lens user and Defy+ user: You will need to install Red lens Battery fix file.

Select "install from sd card"....select the Red lens battery fix file which you saved in your sd card and confirm it with "Yes"

Now that you are done with all the installation steps, just select go back and reach to the home menu of the recovery console...there you get an option "Reboot the system". Click on it and wait for your phone to reboot with the wonderful Jelly Bean operating system

of course with the notice of what to delete and what not,according to the rom and kernel....

baseband version: EPU_U_00.59.01

yes you can try flashing to cm10, then once you've done the entire thing, go to boot menu, format to ext3, then try flashing to cm7.2... See if that works

no, i rather to stay in the cm7.2 zone... don't complicate me!

ill try to reinstall, to change the kernel file the other guy gave and to just wipe cache and davlik see if that work..

can you give me the guide to reinstalling?

method is the same as cm10 installation

ok, i reinstalled with the froyo kernel, did all the steps like in the guide, wiped what i had to.

still same problems.

we missing something here guys.... its all over the same issues and the phone doesnt work fine like that.

maybe after or even before installing the stock motorola rom 2.2 , i need to flash on it my operatior "orange" rom ? maybe it has to do with why the phone

dosent work proprelly???

because the last time cm7 was working fine was after flash it over orange 2.2 rom.... from what i remember

ok, i reinstalled with the froyo kernel, did all the steps like in the guide, wiped what i had to.

still same problems.

we missing something here guys.... its all over the same issues and the phone doesnt work fine like that.

maybe after or even before installing the stock motorola rom 2.2 , i need to flash on it my operatior "orange" rom ? maybe it has to do with why the phone

dosent work proprelly???

because the last time cm7 was working fine was after flash it over orange 2.2 rom.... from what i remember

What do you mean by operatior "orange" rom ? Could you link me to the file if its present over internet? Actually I am not well clear about Network Operator specific ROMs as we here have global access unlocked smartphone devices which has no relation with Network providers.

its in the link: http://defy.host-il.co.il/ you will see there "Orange 2.2" i tried to flash it with RSDLITE after i wiped out the data and cache,davlik and etc... but still - it runs cm7 dude im really despert, i think ill go tomrrow to a shop and they will fix it up for money.. i dont know. or - you can write me a specific guide to all what should i do.... because everytime i get screwed.. now im in cm7 but dont have network, wifi broken, home button dosent respond and browser do force close...

• 2 weeks later...

After a couple of days with te CM10 version it still have some big major issues. when calling - the phone 99% of the time dont reicive them. he get stuck and alot of wierd stuff. and while answering there is a short range time when you cannot be heard or hear something.. well,that is annoying.. i want to go back to CM7 but  i need to help. how i do that? from the begining. i thnik i still run the cm7 recovery.

@Liores121: I'd suggest you start from scratch, first follow the root instructions which can be found on this forum itself, i.e flash sbf using rsdlite, then after all that flash with cm7.2 or cm10 (methods are the same for both, just the files needed are different). Use the appropriate kernal if your a defy user. Sent from my Defy+