[Tutorial] Convert Application language to desired language - Die2mrw007

Die2mrw007

Here I am sharing this tutorial for converting the application language to the desired language you wish to have. Credits to Die2mrw007 for posting the Tutorial found over Internet !!!

What do we need?

So what do we need in order to make this magic happen?

We will need to small software. One is SISWare and the other one is RESEdit.

So what these software do?

The SISWare software actually consist of two parts:

SISWare software which let us extract the content of the Sis file we want to translate.

SISWare RunTime which is a set VB of required libraries that are needed by the SISWare software.

RESEdit is a software that we will need to edit the menus we actually want to translate.

For my demonstration I will use the NokiaFileBrowser and I will show how I translate some of the menus to Hebrew.

Extracting the Sis file content

Open the SISWare application and go to the "File" menu. choose the Sis file you want to translate. After you have chosen the file you should see something like shown in figure 1.

Figure 1:

Posted Image

The next stage is to actually extract the files from within the sis file. The default place where the files will be extracted too is C:\Program Files\CequenzeTech\SISWare4.7\bin . Make sure you are in "EDIT" mode and extract the files as it shown in figure 2.

Figure 2

[img width=584 height=420] SISWare02.png

When the files extraction is done we should have a directory structure like the one shown in figure 3.

Figure 3

Posted Image

Translating the menus

Now that we have extracted the files from the Sis file, it is time to do the actual translation. We will use the RESEdit file and open the *.rsc file. In our case it is the FileBroser.rsc which we will edit.

Go the the "File" menu and choose "open". Pick the FileBroser.rsc. What you should see is similar to what we see in figure 4.

Figure 4

[img width=610 height=420] RESEdit01.png

Make sure to choose the correct ASCII code page for your langage as shown beloew

Posted Image

As you can see I have translated two line from English to Hebrew. So how did I do that? simple. Replace the text in the pink window and click apply. That's it. If you can translate the text from English (or any other language) by yourself then that's good for you. If you can't simply copy the text you want to translate into google translation service (translate.google.com) and later on copy/paste the translated text to it's position.

After you are done translating, simply save the translated file and run over the old file and exit the RESEdit.

Repacking the SIS file

After we're done editing all we are left to do is to repack the sis file so we can install it over our mobile phone. How do we repack? simple.

We go back to the SISWare open window, we will make sure again that we are in "Edit" mode and no other mode, and click the green "Play" button. we can also go to the "Tools" menu and key F3. A demonstration on how your screen should look like is visible in figure 5.

Figure 5

Posted Image

Make sure you are saving your file with some meaningful name that includes the additional language. In my case I will add HEB to the file name.

The next pup-up window you should see is the certificate window. This windows allow you to edit the file characteristics such as the author name , Localized country and so on. Figure 6 demonstrate how your screen should look like.

Figure 6

[img width=585 height=420] SISWare_rebuild_cert.png

In case you would like to keep your own copyright you can do it in the next window shown in figure 7. In this window you can choose to encrypt your file with a Public/Private key combination. The SIS file will include the Public key and anyone who would like to install your file will need the private key only you have. You can also set a password to your sis file.

Figure 7

Posted Image

Figure 8 is the screen we all want to see. The "Done" key. Simply press the key and exit the utility.

Figure 8

[img width=580 height=420] SISWare_rebuild_done.png

3897_.rar

• 5 weeks later...

Maybe you can try this tool for the task :)

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/16068/Zeta-Resource-Editor

Thanks Die2mrw007 for the link. I have one query.I was navigating through the extracted app from other language, then i observed that only few menus were displayed in the rsc file so if i translate the application will be partly translated. So how to completely translate a particular application.

(Please note that i have the eng application installed in my phone so i knew rsc files were not showing all the menus).

Thanks Die2mrw007 for the link. I have one query.I was navigating through the extracted app from other language, then i observed that only few menus were displayed in the rsc file so if i translate the application will be partly translated. So how to completely translate a particular application.

(Please note that i have the eng application installed in my phone so i knew rsc files were not showing all the menus).

Its actually a difficult process unless u able to view all the characters of each menu option in rsc

chinese characters are only an issue here...they are mostly non-compatible with many editors out there.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...