How to Unlock Bootlaoder in Pantech burst

CrackUC

Here is the tutorial for unlocking the bootlaoder in pantech burst . Many roms require a unlocked bootlaoder so i decided to write a tutorial on this ,

Requirements :-

( All files in this Tutorial are personally checked and uploaded to my own google drive )

Bootloader unlocking Zip

Rooted DEvice

Clock work recovery mod installed .

Procedure :

1. Copy the GBBoot.zip to your external SD card .

2. Than shutdown and go to CWM by pressing volume down + power button .

3. select install from SD card . ( use volume up,down to navigate and power button to select)

4. select GBboot.zip and install it .

5. Reboot .

Now you have an unlocked bootlaoder  :yahoo:

Alternate procedure for those who doesn't have CWM installed in there phone

Phone fully booted, enable usb debugging from settings .

Download This Folder and and press shift while inside the folder and select open command prompt here . Than run the following commands .

adb push GBBoot.zip /sdcard/external_sd/

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot boot cwm-5.0.2.7-presto.img

In the phone now , ( use volume up ,down to navigate and power button to select )

4. select install zip from sdcard.

5. Then select GBBoot.zip and install it.

6. Reboot the phone.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

INDEX: [iNDEX] Everything For Pantech Burst

DISCUSSION : Offcial Pantech Burst discussion thread

ESSENTIALS :[TUTORIAL] [Root]Pantech burst

[TUTORIAL] ClockWork Recovery Mod For Pantech Burst

ROMS: [ROMS] Pantech Burst Custom Roms

Stock firmwares : [stock ROMS] Pantech Burst all stock  Roms

Source Build Guides : [TUTORIAL] Compile Unoffcial Paranoid For Pantech burst

[TUTORIAL] Compile Unofficial CyanogenMod 10 for Pantech Burst

[TUTORIAL] Compile Unofficial AOKP for Pantech Burst

[TUTORIAL] Compile Unoffical AOSP ICS for Pantech Burst ( Codeaurora )

MODS/TWEAKS  : [TUTORIAL] How to Unlock Bootlaoder in Pantech burst

Miscellaneous : [TUTORIAL] Going Back To Gingerbread in Pantech Burst

[TUTORIAL] How to Make your pantech Burst recognizable

[TUTORIAL] How to remove All At&T Default apps/Bloatware from Pantech Burst

[TUTORIAL] 2G / 3G Toggle for Pantech Burst

[TUTORIAL] Unlock AT&T Pantech Burst

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

My burst is on stock ics and rooted with cwm5.0.2.7 installed. Is GBboot.zip going to work? Since it is labeled GB, I am not sure if working with ICS. I do not want to go back to stock GB due to phone already unlocked.

Thanks,

yes it will work. Even I unlocked mine on ics. And don't fear of the at&t lock. Search in the to search box how to unlock Pantech burst . And moreover that GB reperesents something else.

• 2 weeks later...

ok quick question....i followed everything in this thread but when i had to reboot the phone i am now stuck in the pantech boot screen and my phone just vibrates. I cant find any info on this problem. Any help would be welcomed.

can you make this 99% sure that after flashing the zip this happened? You are the first guy till now in the whole burst comunnity who got this problem . Try to flash some other rom bro . See this thread . http://forum.gizmolord.com/android-modding/(stock-roms)-pantech-burst-all-stock-roms/msg85268/#msg85268

Only thing i did was flash that zip in cwm 5.0.2.7 and rebooted and now i cant boot into recovery or s/w download. I've spent yesterday searching these forums for an answer but like you pointed out i seem to be the only one this happened too. I tried to re flash the stock rom but my pc will not recognize my phone. If i have to chalk it up as a lose then i will but i would like to see if i can fix it before throwing in the towel. Thank you for a quick reply :)>-

Only thing i did was flash that zip in cwm 5.0.2.7 and rebooted and now i cant boot into recovery or s/w download. I've spent yesterday searching these forums for an answer but like you pointed out i seem to be the only one this happened too. I tried to re flash the stock rom but my pc will not recognize my phone. If i have to chalk it up as a lose then i will but i would like to see if i can fix it before throwing in the towel. Thank you for a quick reply :)>-

@dodgerdog1978 , have you been able to resolve this issue.Even I am also facing the same problem.

After flashing Gizmolord V 2.0 B in cwm 5.0.2.7 and rebooting the phone it just shows the pantech logo when connected through the USB cable.It is not even being recognized by the computer,can't get access to recovery mode or d/w mode.

Guys, Could you please help me to overcome this issue.

@dodgerdog1978 , have you been able to resolve this issue.Even I am also facing the same problem.

After flashing Gizmolord V 2.0 B in cwm 5.0.2.7 and rebooting the phone it just shows the pantech logo when connected through the USB cable.It is not even being recognized by the computer,can't get access to recovery mode or d/w mode.

theres no such issue for me or anyone yet :/ Try reflashing with full data wipe and clean dalvik cache .

ok quick question....i followed everything in this thread but when i had to reboot the phone i am now stuck in the pantech boot screen and my phone just vibrates. I cant find any info on this problem. Any help would be welcomed.

i want to know is this for rooted phone or not and i get several options but there is nothing like install from sd card

@johndoe104102...No luck yet for my problem and i still dont know how it happened but oh well thats the risk we take when flashing our phones. Im using my business phone until i can find a way to fix my phone. i cant reflash anything since i no longer have access into cwm or s/w download mode. Im still hoping someone will read this and help find a way to bring my brick back to life or allow for me to restore the back up i made before the flash. If i hear anything i will let you know. Thank you all for your advice but like i posted im no longer able to access my phone even in adb terminal. 

theres no such issue for me or anyone yet :/ Try reflashing with full data wipe and clean dalvik cache .

@johndoe104102...No luck yet for my problem and i still dont know how it happened but oh well thats the risk we take when flashing our phones. Im using my business phone until i can find a way to fix my phone. i cant reflash anything since i no longer have access into cwm or s/w download mode. Im still hoping someone will read this and help find a way to bring my brick back to life or allow for me to restore the back up i made before the flash. If i hear anything i will let you know. Thank you all for your advice but like i posted im no longer able to access my phone even in adb terminal.

I am not able to go to recovery.When i press the vol- and power buttons it doesn't take me anywhere and shows only the blank screen.

Pressing the vol+ and power buttons as well as vol+,vol- and power buttons simultaneously it's just showing the blank screen.

When i connect the phone to the computer using usb cable the pantech logo is displayed on the phone's screen.The computer doesn't even recognize the phone when it's connected to it,so couldn't do anything with adb also.

I am not able to go to recovery.When i press the vol- and power buttons it doesn't take me anywhere and shows only the blank screen.

Pressing the vol+ and power buttons as well as vol+,vol- and power buttons simultaneously it's just showing the blank screen.

When i connect the phone to the computer using usb cable the pantech logo is displayed on the phone's screen.The computer doesn't even recognize the phone when it's connected to it,so couldn't do anything with adb also.

generally bricked bursts get into s/w upgrade mode . but no one had any luck to revive yet :P . the only person who got his burst revived was on dev nest . He jtagged it to make it work :D

• 1 month later...

After using the 3rd command in the section for those of us without CWM the first two commands run fine but third just sits on "<waiting for device>"

Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks

Driver issues mate :) Nothing else . You need to jiggle around to get it work . There is no perfect tut for everyone . Follow this first BTW it should solve the problem :D

http://forum.gizmolord.com/android/usb-drivers-for-pantech-burst/

• 1 month later...

i need to root before unlock bootloader? Cause i can get past the after i enter this command. adb reboot bootloader. Some whitescreen comes and i type the last command but nothing happens. It is telling <waiting for device>. What can i do now?

Driver problem . look here --- > http://forum.gizmolord.com/android/usb-drivers-for-pantech-burst/

• 2 weeks later...

Did you flash the Gbboot zip on CWM 5 or CWM 6?

I just got my bootloader unlocked. I wonder if it is unlocked or not. When I selected 'YES' to install GBboot zip,it got installed in just a second. Is it a normal time it takes to install?

yups . It gets installed in seconds . Its totally normal bro :) . You can proceed to flash roms now , if you like to :D

Flash gizmolord its the best way to tell if its unlocked or not :P.

Just joking. It installs in seconds and in single try bro.;D

yups . It gets installed in seconds . Its totally normal bro :) . You can proceed to flash roms now , if you like to :D

Thanks to both of you guys.  :thumbs_up: Btw, which is the best ROM ? Which ROM would you recommend?  :D