[Tool] Project File extractor (beta version)

Anindya1989

Hey guys this is a small tool i wrote in java. Its for extracting the project files in any CFW. Just select the original extracted C6 ROFS2 as the source path, the C6 CFW ROFS2 as the modified path and Select any save location for dumping the files. This small program will then compare the two extracted ROFS2's file by file, bit by bit and copy the modified files in the save location. If there is any file this is present in the modified ROFS2 only but not in the original ROFS2 then it will be saved in a sub folder called "Unique" in the save directory.

And please note that this program is completely open source. You are free to edit or modify this program in any way you like. Just mention my name in the credits.

Known Bugs

1. The program goes into a loop while comparing ovi store.sisx file. I cant find out the reason yet so this bug will take some time to fix. In the mean time you guys can compare folders which don't contain sisx files and it'll work fine.

2. People complain this program is damn slow but this is written in java which is inherently slow. And this program also uses a bit by bit comparison scheme so it takes a lot of time. I'll update the comparison scheme again update this program.

406_.txt

It works ubercool :)

+5 for this great masterpiece andy...

Cons: It takes much time to extract files..mine actual project file is of 40+ MB...so, it will take a lot time to extract it

Its 10 minutes now and just around 2MB extracted :|

But its a great help to users :)

Java applications are generally slow :(. Ok i'll try to speed it up by coding it in c or c++. C codes are the fastest. I did it in java because babu.rajiv wanted me to. I'll update the app again when i get time. And its open source so guys are free to edit it as you like.

Java applications are generally slow :(. Ok i'll try to speed it up by coding it in c or c++. C codes are the fastest. I did it in java because babu.rajiv wanted me to. I'll update the app again when i get time. And its open source so guys are free to edit it as you like.

Its OK :)

BTW, I just noticed...the extraction got struck..

ovi store app gets extracted untill 744kb and then resets it back to 0kb...then it gets on loop..the process continues :(

Its OK :)

BTW, I just noticed...the extraction got struck..

ovi store app gets extracted untill 744kb and then resets it back to 0kb...then it gets on loop..the process continues :(

Is it comparing two different versions of the ovi store app? If so please upload the two files for me. I'll have to check exactly whats happening inside. But long did it take to extract your 40mb of project files? And what processor do you have in your computer?

Is it comparing two different versions of the ovi store app? If so please upload the two files for me. I'll have to check exactly whats happening inside. But long did it take to extract your 40mb of project files? And what processor do you have in your computer?

My PC config:

Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2180 @2.00 Ghz

2GB + 1GB DDR2 RAM

32-bit Windows 7 Ultimate OS

the ovi store version is actually different..but the file name is same as in both rofs

By the way the process got stuck with the extraction of ovi store app (as I said, it was copying untill 744kb and gets reset to 0kb..and this process gets in loop)

Hence i had no option rather to close the app from task manager (the normal close button in all was not working)

we can have (if..else) statement to skip any process which fails to copy :P

@Nitesh

adding an if else statement is just avoiding the problem rather than solving the problem. I want to understand why it cannot copy the ovi suite app. Please upload both versions of the app somewhere. I will test it.

But we can make a log of skipped files..so that user can copy paste the same manually :) [its, just a suggestion]

wait, i will attach the file here :)

EDIT:

Attached the files

the 1st attchment is from Original rofs

2nd is from my cfw :)

408_.sisx

409_.sisx

It works ubercool :)

+5 for this great masterpiece andy...

Cons: It takes much time to extract files..mine actual project file is of 40+ MB...so, it will take a lot time to extract it

Its 10 minutes now and just around 2MB extracted :|

But its a great help to users :)

The jar file runs on Java Virtual Machine and all other associaated files are collected by native search and include method. Thats why it runs so sloooow. There isn't much i can do to improve the speed. But i'm trying to re-write the program again with a new approach. I'll try to make the directory list into a hash map with key dir_name, and value(boolean) as isDirectory(). This will make the recursive method easier too. But all this is a bit difficult to implement and i'll require some time to do all this. So it'll take some time for me to create another version of this tool.

And that looping problem with the ovi store file has really got me stumped. I have no idea why its going into a loop. I'll let you guys know if i find out what the problem is.

The jar file runs on Java Virtual Machine and all other associaated files are collected by native search and include method. Thats why it runs so sloooow. There isn't much i can do to improve the speed. But i'm trying to re-write the program again with a new approach. I'll try to make the directory list into a hash map with key dir_name, and value(boolean) as isDirectory(). This will make the recursive method easier too. But all this is a bit difficult to implement and i'll require some time to do all this. So it'll take some time for me to create another version of this tool.

And that looping problem with the ovi store file has really got me stumped. I have no idea why its going into a loop. I'll let you guys know if i find out what the problem is.

Yup, but modify the script now to make the skipping process for looping files/failed copy and generate a log of skipped files

Due to that single file which gets in loop, the program doesnt continue..it gets stuck in that particular task itself.

C# is better i suppose.

I dont have the Netbeans in my PC...otherwise I wud have modified the program a little.

Yup, but modify the script now to make the skipping process for looping files/failed copy and generate a log of skipped files

Due to that single file which gets in loop, the program doesnt continue..it gets stuck in that particular task itself.

C# is better i suppose.

I dont have the Netbeans in my PC...otherwise I wud have modified the program a little.

Thats gonna be difficult because the program itself is recursive. For some reason the program gets stuck on the same file. I cant tell the program this loop is a bad loop and that loop is a good loop. I'll see what i can do.

I dont know C# so dont know if its better. Try and debug the program when you download netbeans or eclipse.

You weren't irritating. I just couldn't understand what you were saying.

LOL....he was describing about the stages he go while he do some project...He goes through many stages which we are actually unaware of and never do try it :P

Like..he goes for alpha testing, .....and many such other testings...then comes the beta testing and if he thinks he is actually fed up of testing, he releases the final project :P

:D

Though its really good, but I never take such pain to test it this vigorous :P