5800 dual boot OFW and C6

lamerfall

First of all sorry for my very bad english, but I hope that you will understand what I mean.

I was thinking about this for some time, but I don't have enough knowledge to do it myself.

We will use OFW based on C6 structure (like Blaze). Let's have 3 5800 CFWs (OFW v60, C6v41 on v60, N97v30 on v60) all based on C6 structure with common core, so the differences are only in the big ROFS2. So we extract all 3 ROFS2 files and compare its contents and create 2 subsets with only different files compared to OFW (one for C6v41, and one for N97v30).
Afterwards we place the files in the following locations:

1. OFW based on C6 structurefiles in ROFS2
2. C6v41 files in C:\ (not whole C6 ROFS2, but only the different files compared to OFW)
3. N97v30 files in E:\ (not whole N97 ROFS2, but only the different files compared to OFW)

So we need the following "X2Z mod" which is combination of C2Z patch and E2Z patch, but they are released as an executable file (something like a mini version of RomPatcher without GUI that only reads its configuration file and activates one of the patches or no patch. So let's call it X2Z.exe which has the following characteristics: 

1) This X2Z.exe should be located in ROFS2 (Z) and loads as eary as possible during boot process. For example first in starters, or even before starters (I have no knowledge for the boot process before starters). 

2) Has a simple configuration file located in C:\ (for example boot.ini),  so the user edits this file and then restart the phone to boot another CFW (for example file contents could be only 1 char - C (for C2Z behaviour) or E (for E2Z behaviour) or Z (for standart behaviour)

3) It's very easy to create gui app that displays beatiful menu to select boot option and manage boot.ini 

Is it possible to create this X2Z.exe ?

---
Update 1: We need to modify the File Server -> sys\bin\efile.exe
More information about this file and the boot process can be found in the following great articles:
[url=http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Wiki/Symbian_OS_Internals/16._Boot_Processes]Symbian OS Internals/16. Boot Processes - Nokia Developer Wiki[/url]
[url=http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Wiki/Symbian_OS_Internals/09._The_File_Server]Symbian OS Internals/09. The File Server - Nokia Developer Wiki[/url]

---

aRomAt by CODeRUS - very useful tool. It can convert XIP to EPOC, show links and more - I'm sure that we could use it (and others) to achieve 2.0 from Update 2

Still researching how to do 2.
If I create EPOC efile.exe from XIP efile.exe with aRomAt and put it in rofs2 which file will be used by the system - the one from Core (original XIP efile.exe) or the new one ?
Need help for this from experienced modder, because efile.exe is linked by much more executables compared to installserver...

Update 6 on 21 February 2012:
Still working on this among other projects... I don't give up so easily, so probably will try another method to get things done.
Here is what I need and I won't refuse any help 

* Lists of all applications loaded in starters in C6 port and OFW and comparison between the lists.
* List of applications from OFW that work extracted from Z to C or E (modified exe and dll files). 
* List of applications from C6 port that work extracted from Z to C or E (modified exe/dll/rsc files). 
* List of applications from C6 port that work in OFW
* List of applications from OFW port that work in C6

If you want to help on this project, you can work on the following:

• Lists of all applications loaded in starters in C6 port and OFW and comparison between the lists
  • List of applications from OFW that work extracted from Z to C or E (modified exe and dll files)
  • List of applications from C6 port that work extracted from Z to C or E (modified exe/dll/rsc files)
  • List of applications from OFW port that work in C6
  • List of applications from C6 port that work in OFW
  • The smallest C6 based CFW (need it <56 mb) - removed everything that is possible to be removed
  • The smallest OFW based CFW (need it <56 mb)
  • Patches for RPP, that load files not from Z, but from other location C,E,X
  • A patch that changes the "primary drive" from C to other
  • Loading RPP as soon as possible, at this stage this is at domainsrv.exe, but soon we will improve this
  • Find out how is Header CRC32 generated of EPOC files and XIP files
  • Post information about XIP files header (it is very similar to EPOC32 header, but contains less items and it is a bit different)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The following info is provided by lamerfall

The following files are loaded and executed before starter*.rsc and I think that we should target our efforts in modifying them.

Probably this is the order of execution, but not very sure about this:

[b]EKern.exe[/b] - dangerous to modify 
[b]EFile.exe[/b] - File server
[b]E32STRT.EXE[/b]  - probably for emulator only, I don't know "real file" on device for this
[b]HALSettings.exe[/b] -
[b]domainSrv.exe[/b] - 
[b]sysstart.exe[/b] - this file executes starters

Based on above information, I decided to gather some information about these exe's , their conversion to epoc and some observations.

c32start.exe

About c32start.exe:

See here

and also here

From the hex editing I found:

Conversion of Xip to epoc log

Click here to download

The following need to be checked

000037CC:00003754:802DA8B0 Not change(Need check)
000037EC:00003774:80B224AB Not change(Need check)
0000385C:000037E4:8001A8B0 Not change(Need check)
00003864:000037EC:8002A9B0 Not change(Need check)
000038A4:0000382C:800A8400 Not change(Need check)
00003904:0000388C:800AA9B0 Not change(Need check)
00003914:0000389C:800AA9B0 Not change(Need check)

Hex of c32start.exe ( XIP version)

Click here to download

Hex of c32start.exe (EPOC converted version)

Click here to download

Observations:

1) addition of aromat signature at starting of epoc converted file

2)The following addition at the end

scppnwdl{000a0000}.dll.euser{000a0000}[100039e5].dll.efsrv{000a0000}[100039e4].dll.drtaeabi{000a0000}.dll.domaincli{000a0000}.dll.commsfw{000a0000}.dll.c32root{000a0000}[101f7484].dll.....o.......(...\.`.d.h.°.´.„.Œ...˜.¸.À.Ì.Ø.Ü.......,...”.œ.¤.œ. .¤.¨.¬. .¸.¼.À.Ä.Ü.à.ä.è.ì.. ......ô.ø.T.4.8...¼....0..˜...X.`.h.p.x.€.ˆ...˜. .¨.°.¸.À.È.Ð.Ø.à.è.ð.ø.....ø.ü.0.<.H.T.`.l.x.„...L.P.T.`.d.h.p.t.€.„.ˆ...”. .¤.¨.°.´.À.Ä.È.Ô.Ø.Ü.è.ì.ð....... .,.8.<[email protected].\...
Changes to euser, efsrv,drtaeabi,domaincli,commsfw,c32root

3)

Some special notices in the c32start.exe

C.3.2.C.o.n.f.i.g.u.r.a.t.o.r.S.e.r.v.e.r.........c.3.2.e.x.e...e.x.e.........C.3.2.S.t.a.r.t.........C32:........*...c.m.i.......c.3.2.s.t.a.r.t...i.n.i.........Global......MBufPoolSize........TestMode........C.3.2.S.t.a.r.t.....^...%.S.:. .A. .t.h.r.e.a.d. .s.p.e.c.i.f.i.e.d. .a.s. .C.r.i.t.i.c.a.l.,. .i...e... .i.n. .i.t.s. ...c.m.i. .f.i.l.e.,. .h.a.s. .e.x.i.t.e.d. .a.n.d. .c.a.n.n.o.t. .b.e. .r.e.s.t.a.r.t.e.d.......2....-%s- thread at fault. The system will now reboot!..S....'%s', that would switch off this behaviour for testing, was not specified in file:.........'.\.p.r.i.v.a.t.e.\.1.0.1.F.7.9.8.8.\.%.S.'.....WARNING: second module %S (involved in binding) failed to load, first module %S loaded, SetState(EBindInComplete)...WARNING: first named module %S in binding failed to load, SetState(EBindInComplete).............0x......Loader......IniData.....Name........FileName........IniData.....IsServer........Priority........StackSize.......HeapOption......StartSequence.......ScaledStartupState......MinHeapSize.....MaxHeapSize.....SharedHeapName......ThreadFunctionOrdinal.......IsSticky........SystemCritical......SystemCriticalAfterInit.....ControlFlags........OnDemand........Group.......[%S]........Binding%d.......EDefaultHeap........EShareHeap......ENewHeap........ehierarchical.......ecustom.P±......d±......|±......<±......(±..öÿÿÿ.±..ìÿÿÿ ²..ô...€²..Â...`²......8²..^...¼²..*...ܲ..4...ü²..>....³..H...<³..R...\³..\...|³..f...œ³..p....²..,...ð±..ú...Ô±..È...´±..–...”±..d.......EPriorityMuchLess.......EPriorityLess.......EPriorityNormal.....EPriorityMore.......EPriorityMuchMore.......EPriorityRealTime.......EPriorityAbsoluteVeryLow........EPriorityAbsoluteLowNormal......EPriorityAbsoluteLow....!...EPriorityAbsoluteBackgroundNormal.......EPriorityAbsoluteBackground.!...EPriorityAbsoluteForegroundNormal.......EPriorityAbsoluteForeground.....EPriorityAbsoluteHighNormal.....EPriorityAbsoluteHigh.......EPriorityAbsoluteRealTime1......EPriorityAbsoluteRealTime2......EPriorityAbsoluteRealTime3......EPriorityAbsoluteRealTime4......EPriorityAbsoluteRealTime5......EPriorityAbsoluteRealTime6......EPriorityAbsoluteRealTime7......EPriorityAbsoluteRealTime8..‰y......!.C.3.2.C.o.n.f.i.g.u.r.a.t.o.r.S.e.r.v.e.r..........´...´....@.....................þ..þ....U.S.E.R.........˜´..T.......¥´..m.......²´..m.......À´..m.......д..T.......â´..T.......ù´..Ñ........µ..4.......)µ..v...10C32CmiData.10CModuleRef.11CBindingRef.13CDeathWatcher.15C32ParseIniFile.20CCommsProcessStarter.21CRsConfiguratorServer.21CStartupStateObserver.28CRsConfiguratorServerSession.....,´..Wœ..

Therefore following dependencies for c32start.exe(as observed from hex):

C32ConfiguratorServer,c32exe,C32Start,c32start.ini ,......

Also, this file refers to is \private\101F7988\

On checking in rofs2, I only found a file backup_registration.xml whose contents are below

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>

<!--
      Copyright (c) 2004, Symbian Software Ltd. All Rights Reserved
-->

<backup_registration version="1.0">

<passive_backup>

<include_directory name = "\" />

</passive_backup>

<restore requires_reboot = "no"/>

</backup_registration>
This .xml has nothing great inside it.

Therefore, There must be some files in the hidden part of core in the same folder i.e. the dependencies I mentioned above.

post-5790-138186201937_thumb.png

8561_.txt

8562_.txt

8640_.zip

Halsettings.exe

halsettings.exe(the xip version)

z.......±%(.ÈKxï¨>Ô€¨>Ô€............................. ...........>Ô€±%(.....,...........*...Â.....@..................?Ô€...ã..Tã...ê...... ‘.. ‘L..š..Tãv..... á.@.å ..ãP.......P....° á.ÐÍãq..ú.Ћâ.@.ä @Äã.ð/áÿÿ.è`EÔ€°EÔ€©>Ô€°EÔ€....4.Ÿå8@-é..Pã...... á$@Ÿå$PŸå..Tá8€½...”å0ÿ/á.@„â..Táúÿÿ.8€½è.............ð.å..-€.ð.å•<-€.ð.å-=-€.ð.å™+-€.ð.å)Â*€.ð.å.¬)€.ð.åç«)€.ð.åõÁ*€.ð.å¨F-€.ð.å¯ms€.ð.ågms€.ð.å.ms€.ð.åéŽ,€.ð.å1‘,€.ð.åõœ,€.ð.å‹ ,€.ð.å«š,€.ð.å÷†,€.ð.åYŸ,€.ð.ååš,€.ð.å‘š,€.ð.åAŒ,€.ð.å.›,€.ð.åiÂ*€.ð.åç“)€.ð.å¿<*€.ð.å.µ)€.ð.åÁa*€.ð.å`.)€.ð.åk®)€.ð.åœ.)€.ð.å(.)€.ð.å×g*€.ð.å.Q*€.ð.åy”)€.ð.åïy*€.ð.å.Q*€.ð.å¼.)€.ð.åË—)€.ð.åÕ—)€.ð.åD.)€.À.â.ÿ/á.µÿ÷Êï.½.µÿ÷®ï.½.µ.ðDù.½8µiF... ÿ÷rï.(.ѼJah‘B.Ð!h.š‘B.Ð. ÀC8½.`B`pGðµ›°.%i..¨.•ÿ÷rï.(.Ñ.!.¨ÿ÷´ï.¨.ðJù®I.¨ÿ÷’ï.#.ª.©.¨.•.•ÿ÷jï...Ð.¨ÿ÷|ï ..°ð½.©.¨.•ÿ÷Tï.$äC.(.Ñ.˜.(.Ù@..Ñ. ..[ .©ÿ÷*ï.˜k!É.AC.˜.1ˆB.Ý.¨ÿ÷2ïÙçÿ÷Pï...Ñ.¨ÿ÷*ï.¨ÿ÷Pï(.Ñç.š)..¨ÿ÷Lï.©.¨ÿ÷4ï...Ñ.˜ih€.€.G.(h..,..4.¨.‘ÿ÷.ÿ...Ñ.à hbh.....4..ÿ÷êî¼BõÓ(.ÿ÷Fï.¨ÿ÷úî.¨ÿ÷ ï0.¡çðµÿ° °ž©.¨ÿ÷Òî.(zÑ.˜žœÀ...%..&.à hÀC€..Ñk!0.ÿ÷¾î$).ÐjJ.h.*.ÑI).ÐhKbh.h.+.Ñf).Ñ."..@.(`j`.5.4v.. ¼BÝÓž™..i.Í.œ.A.œ¨ÿ÷¾î...О˜ÿ÷þîfà.!Œ¨ÿ÷ü.ð’øŒ©œ¨ÿ÷¾î...Ð ..0.Ñ. ‹©‹–ÿ÷Œî...ш¨ÿ÷Þîé....1ˆ¨ÿ÷Ôî...Ðœ¨ÿ÷¸îÕ狘†.@H‡.."ˆ¨†©ÿ÷¾îž™*.ˆ¨ÿ÷¸îž˜ÿ÷Æîÿ!I..¨„–…–ÿ÷Âî."R..’Œª.à#àœ©„¨.«ÿ÷xî...ш©„¨ÿ÷^î...Ñ-IŒ¨ÿ÷.œ¨ÿ÷L„¨ÿ÷Tî..„¨ÿ÷Tÿ÷ ÿ÷vî ..° °ð½0µ‡°"Mÿ÷œî.$äC.("Ü.!hFÿ÷ˆîhFÿ÷–î.IhF.1ÿ÷pî.(.Ñÿ÷Tî¨B.Ð- ÀC.°0½ÿ÷²þúç.IhF01ÿ÷^î.(.Ñÿ÷)ÿðç .îçpµ.I..09ÿ÷jîÿ÷.îA0..$..!(.ÿ÷lî.€p½hal..EÔ€HEÔ€LEÔ€.,'..À^å..Sá.0Þ7.0Þ'ƒÀŽà.ÿ/á.À.â.ÿ/ápµ..... Èc(.ÿ÷Äí.(.Ñ háh*..ð.èÿ÷¸íp½÷@-é¨ÐMâ.P á.` á.. á.p áÇþÿë..Uã....Ìþÿë...ë°þÿë..Uã.@ ã...... á6ÿ/á...ê.ÿÿú.@ á...êºþÿë..Ÿå¯. ã¿þÿë¸þÿë.. á´Ð.âð€½èPEÔ€.ÿ/á²þÿë³þÿë.›...„.§°°°.....°«,€!.D.¸ÿÿÿ W-€..d.Ôÿÿ........._.:.\.p.r.i.v.a.t.e.\.1.0.2.8.2.5.B.1.\.........H.A.L...D.A.T.......I.N.I.T.I.A.L.I.S.E.........P.E.R.S.I.S.T...............U.S.E.R.....Hùÿ.Dÿÿ.°ùÿ.....@ûÿ.°°¨€Pûÿ.°©.€tûÿ.°«.€nüÿ.«.²€¾ýÿ.°©.€.þÿ.°°ª€„þÿ..ÿÿ.ôþÿ.....

halsettings.exe(converted to Epoc)

z.......±%(.ÈKxïEPOC8ó"".............aRomAT.*.................... ...........€......................œ.......¤...à.......Â.. d...±%(.....,.......]..............ã..Tã...ê...... ‘.. ‘L..š..Tãv..... á.@.å ..ãP.......P....° á.ÐÍãq..ú.Ћâ.@.ä @Äã.ð/áÿÿ.踆...‡...€...‡......4.Ÿå8@-é..Pã...... á$@Ÿå$PŸå..Tá8€½...”å0ÿ/á.@„â..Táúÿÿ.8€½è.............ð.åÍ....ð.å´....ð.å·....ð.å¸....ð.åI....ð.åŠ....ð.å.....ð.åP....ð.åÞ....ð.å.....ð.å.....ð.å.....ð.åA....ð.åP....ð.åa....ð.åj....ð.å,....ð.åD....ð.å.....ð.å^....ð.å]....ð.åF....ð.åÿ....ð.åe....ð.å†....ð.åb....ð.åx....ð.å2....ð.åÈ....ð.å.....ð.å÷....ð.å"....ð.åé....ð.åñ....ð.å„....ð.åU....ð.åÞ....ð.å¹....ð.ån....ð.åG....ð.å.....À.â.ÿ/á.µÿ÷Êï.½.µÿ÷®ï.½.µ.ðDù.½8µiF... ÿ÷rï.(.ѼJah‘B.Ð!h.š‘B.Ð. ÀC8½.`B`pGðµ›°.%i..¨.•ÿ÷rï.(.Ñ.!.¨ÿ÷´ï.¨.ðJù®I.¨ÿ÷’ï.#.ª.©.¨.•.•ÿ÷jï...Ð.¨ÿ÷|ï ..°ð½.©.¨.•ÿ÷Tï.$äC.(.Ñ.˜.(.Ù@..Ñ. ..[ .©ÿ÷*ï.˜k!É.AC.˜.1ˆB.Ý.¨ÿ÷2ïÙçÿ÷Pï...Ñ.¨ÿ÷*ï.¨ÿ÷Pï(.Ñç.š)..¨ÿ÷Lï.©.¨ÿ÷4ï...Ñ.˜ih€.€.G.(h..,..4.¨.‘ÿ÷.ÿ...Ñ.à hbh.....4..ÿ÷êî¼BõÓ(.ÿ÷Fï.¨ÿ÷úî.¨ÿ÷ ï0.¡çðµÿ° °ž©.¨ÿ÷Òî.(zÑ.˜žœÀ...%..&.à hÀC€..Ñk!0.ÿ÷¾î$).ÐjJ.h.*.ÑI).ÐhKbh.h.+.Ñf).Ñ."..@.(`j`.5.4v.. ¼BÝÓž™..i.Í.œ.A.œ¨ÿ÷¾î...О˜ÿ÷þîfà.!Œ¨ÿ÷ü.ð’øŒ©œ¨ÿ÷¾î...Ð ..0.Ñ. ‹©‹–ÿ÷Œî...ш¨ÿ÷Þîé....1ˆ¨ÿ÷Ôî...Ðœ¨ÿ÷¸îÕ狘†.@H‡.."ˆ¨†©ÿ÷¾îž™*.ˆ¨ÿ÷¸îž˜ÿ÷Æîÿ!I..¨„–…–ÿ÷Âî."R..’Œª.à#àœ©„¨.«ÿ÷xî...ш©„¨ÿ÷^î...Ñ-IŒ¨ÿ÷.œ¨ÿ÷L„¨ÿ÷Tî..„¨ÿ÷Tÿ÷ ÿ÷vî ..° °ð½0µ‡°"Mÿ÷œî.$äC.("Ü.!hFÿ÷ˆîhFÿ÷–î.IhF.1ÿ÷pî.(.Ñÿ÷Tî¨B.Ð- ÀC.°0½ÿ÷²þúç.IhF01ÿ÷^î.(.Ñÿ÷)ÿðç .îçpµ.I..09ÿ÷jîÿ÷.îA0..$..!(.ÿ÷lî.€p½hal.\†.. †..¤†...,'..À^å..Sá.0Þ7.0Þ'ƒÀŽà.ÿ/á.À.â.ÿ/ápµ..... Èc(.ÿ÷Äí.(.Ñ háh*..ð.èÿ÷¸íp½÷@-é¨ÐMâ.P á.` á.. á.p áÇþÿë..Uã....Ìþÿë...ë°þÿë..Uã.@ ã...... á6ÿ/á...ê.ÿÿú.@ á...êºþÿë..Ÿå¯. ã¿þÿë¸þÿë.. á´Ð.âð€½è¨†...ÿ/á²þÿë³þÿë.›...„.§°°°.....°«,€!.D.¸ÿÿÿÎ.....d.Ôÿÿ........._.:.\.p.r.i.v.a.t.e.\.1.0.2.8.2.5.B.1.\.........H.A.L...D.A.T.......I.N.I.T.I.A.L.I.S.E.........P.E.R.S.I.S.T...............U.S.E.R.....Hùÿ.Dÿÿ.°ùÿ.....@ûÿ.°°¨€Pûÿ.°©.€tûÿ.°«.€nüÿ.«.²€¾ýÿ.°©.€.þÿ.°°ª€„þÿ..ÿÿ.ôþÿ.....;...Ì...................è.......Ü...ä...ì...ô...t...|...„...Œ...”...œ...¤...¬...´...¼...Ä...Ì...Ô...Ü...ä...ì...ô...ü...............$...,...4...<...D...L...T...\...d...l...$.......¼...Ä...Ì...Ô...ü.......hal{000a0000}[100039e8].dll.euser{000a0000}[100039e5].dll.efsrv{000a0000}[100039e4].dll.drtaeabi{000a0000}.dll..................\.`.d.h.(.,.0.ð.

Observations:

1)At the beginning of the epoc version

z.......±%(.ÈKxïEPOC8ó"".............aRomAT.*... 

I think the addition at the beginning is some kind of signature addition by aromat

2)At the end of epoc version

hal{000a0000}[100039e8].dll.euser{000a0000}[100039e5].dll.efsrv{000a0000}[100039e4].dll.drtaeabi{000a0000}.dll

The addition at the end is critical and here we need to understand the changes.

I have opened the XIP version of the halsettings.exe in Rsceditor and see the screenshot below.

http://forum.gizmolord.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3809.0;attach=8558

Here, we can see the hal.dat file in the folder \private\102825B1\.

But when I checked my repartioned rofs1+rofs2+rofs3 for this folder,  no such folder exists.

This brings me to the conclusion that this hal.dll is present in hidden part of the core or XIP part.

Second.  Aromat uses euser ,efsrv to patch XIP files with epoc.

3)On careful observation, I also noticed some additions in middle which were beyond my understanding

This post will collect useful information and will be updated in future

A little summary of the boot process:

BootStrap - we can't modify it. But it passes some information in a structure called superpage, that can be dumped with RPP.

Ekern.exe - Kernel. Can't be replaced or patched on start. Can be patched later (after first execution of RPP, this is valid for all of the following)

EFile.exe - File server. Can't be replaced or patched on start.

EStart.exe - phone initialization. Probably can't be replaced or patched on start.

ESTART does phone-specific initialization, which is why it is separated from the generic EFILE.EXE. ESTART initializes the local file systems one by one, installing and mounting the required file systems over each medium - for example LFFS on a NOR Flash memory. ESTART can also be configured to use error detection and repair tools (such as scandisk) on file systems that were not shutdown in an orderly way - or to format disks when the phone is booted for the first time. 

Once the read/write file systems are available, ESTART locates the persistent HAL settings on the internal drive and restores them to the HAL. This is also where the current language and locale settings are identified and restored from disk. 

When we reach this point, all of the kernel, user library and file server services are now fully initialized and ready for the rest of the OS to begin its startup process. ESTART has done its job, and it now creates the next process in the chain, the system starter.

c32start.exe - probably similar to estart.exe. Need testings. If it can be replaced we could try to make it run RPP.

HALSettings.exe - Need testing. Probably can be replaced. We could try to make it run RPP.

domainSrv.exe - Can be Replaced. It can run RPP to apply patches...

sysstart.exe -  System starter; this executes starters among other things

reserved for future use. I'll leave now, but will update my reserved post later with information that I think it is useful. @shivam94 When you have time, update your reserved posts with information too. My main idea is to have important stuff on the firs page and discussions and work in progress on the next... Also it will be good if we use code boxes for long passages of information...

I need more information on the following: And I messed up a little things with Z,C,E drives, default behavior and *2Z patches, so I need to clear it again. If there are NO applied *2Z patches, then what from the following is correct and what is wrong ? Z consist from the following parts merged together: Z_ROM - files from ROM (files you can patch with RPP, they are XIP format and are in the hidden part of core) Z_Rofs1 - files from ROFS1 Z_Rofs2 - files from ROFS2 Z_Rofs3 - files from ROFS3 For ROFS  file is searched first in ROFS3 then in ROFS2, then in ROFS1. Will use Z_Rofs for merged 1,2,3 rofs in the following text. There are differences about files in Z_ROM and Z_Rofs: If file from Z_ROM is converted to EPOC and is located in Z_Rofs or in C drive, the system will use the EPOC file - am I right for this ? If file from Z_Rofs is copied to C or E (or replaced), the system will always use the file from Z_Rofs first - am I right for this ? (without patches) What is the default search for "myapp.exe" without patches ? Is it something like Z_Rofs, C, E, ... Y, Z_Rom ? or Z_Rofs, Y, X,..., E, C, Z_Rom ? or different ? And some about patches: Is this correct ? C2z patch allows to use C:\system before Z:\system. C2z4bin patch allows to use C:\sys before Z:\sys. C2z and C2z4bin are combined often in one patch called either c2z or c2z4bin ? @shivam94 - your answer on that is generic, I need a more detailed answer, this is why I am still asking for this. Is there a similar patch for Z:\private and Z:\resource

@shivam94 I'll work on my version of domainsrv.exe and will do some tests. Also I am thinking of the possibility to create a virtual drive for example (X:), that should contain files of the second OS. But for this we will need a patch like X2C (to patch primary drive) and X2Z ;)

If file from Z_ROM is converted to EPOC and is located in Z_Rofs or in C drive, the system will use the EPOC file - am I right for this ?

Yes

If file from Z_Rofs is copied to C or E (or replaced), the system will always use the file from Z_Rofs first - am I right for this ? (without patches)

I think that it is limited only to certain files like domainsrv.exe i.e it is dependent on the capabilities of the app and the time of its calling i.e.during the boot,after boot.

What is the default search for "myapp.exe" without patches ?

Is it something like

Z_Rofs, C, E, ... Y, Z_Rom ?

or

Z_Rofs, Y, X,..., E, C, Z_Rom ?

or

different ?

Not sure

And some about patches:

Is this correct ?

C2z patch allows to use C:\system before Z:\system.

C2z4bin patch allows to use C:\sys before Z:\sys.

c2z: This patch made it possible for system to read files what are in c before z. Which means if there are 2 the same files the system will read the one on C:

But c2z patch doesn't work on all files like .exe and some .dll

C2Z4Bin: This patch is for reading the .dll and .exe (which are located in C:\sys\bin\) before z drive but again you have to consider the time when you apply this patch i.e. during boot or after boot which makes a lot of difference

Domainsrv: This mod makes it possible to patch things on ROM with ROMPatcher(+) on boot.

Is there a similar patch for Z:\private and Z:\resource

There is no need of such patch as the system by default reads from z unless you apply c2z4bin,c2z patch

Attached Hashtool.rar. In this you have the below tools 1.File check sum tool .exe for getting the SHA1 ,MD5 , CRC32 etc for any file. 2.SHA1 creator .exe which will cretae a hash file for any .exe or ,dll and can be saved with extension .hash . Remove the extention and save as the same name of the .exe or .dll . Genearte a hash file for any .exe in the any firmware UDA sys/bin and compare the same with the existing hash files in the UDA /sys Folder for cross checking.

8590_.rar