Flashing Belle on non-compatible product codes?

Guest Prayaas Aggarwal

Guest Prayaas Aggarwal

Hello,

If you own a Symbian^3 device and come to know that Belle's not gonna' come for your product code, you would be totally pissed off! What way would you use?

1) Download files of some other product code and flash using Phoenix

2) Change Product code and use Nokia Suite.

Hello,

If you own a Symbian^3 device and come to know that Belle's not gonna' come for your product code, you would be totally pissed off! What way would you use?

1) Download files of some other product code and flash using Phoenix

2) Change Product code and use Nokia Suite.

I think Phoenix doesnt allow flashing with other product code...some said me so, never did tried myself

Guest Prayaas Aggarwal

Belle hasn't yet shown up for Nokia 500. I think they are facing some problems as the hardware of 500 is a bit different. If they decide to cancel the update, we can try porting the belle from some other phone to 500! Just like C6 and 5800. The hardware is almost same. :)

Using the other product code for updating Belle Nokia answer is below Nokia supports targeted software updates across its smartphone platforms and strongly suggests against any software modifications outside of those distributed by the company or its strategic partners. Specific features and frequencies have been selected and optimized country-by-country to ensure consumers receive the best experience possible. Any tinkering or modification outside of Nokia supported updates could result in the voiding of warranties and local Nokia CARE support. From the above we can note that  Nokia never said the phone will brick !!!! For the Nokia 500 Belle update Nokia answer is below Nokia Belle is specifically tailored to each phone model, including the  Nokia 500. Due to technical specifications, Nokia Belle for Nokia 500 differs to other Nokia Belle phones in the following aspects:     Nokia 500 with Nokia Belle only supports 4 homescreens.     Nokia 500 does not support NFC.     FM transmitter and widget are not supported in Nokia 500.     Nokia 500 includes Nokia Maps 3.06 instead of 3.08. Additionally, Nokia 500 will get Angry Birds with the Nokia Belle update. So we can expect some surprises !!!!!

Guest Prayaas Aggarwal

U.. u..

What do you mean FM Transmitter and Widget are not supported? And it's really good if it gets angry birds with belle. Also, will the Maps also get updated to 3.08 with belle?

And why does it support only 4 HS? RAM and processor both are fine. Then why?

And will Belle fix those hanging and restarting issues in 500?

I assume you have some sources inside Nokia so please confirm what I said above.

NFC and FM transmitter are  hardware related and 500 does not have it .

maps version will be 3.06 as 3.08 will require more graphics resources.

4 HS is still confusing .

Just keep ready with the modding files in case what given become true.

You are true :)

500 possesses low graphics

and yeah, for the 4 HS issue, there is already a mod out there by Upakul i guess which makes it unlimited...You can add as many HS as you need :)

Guest Prayaas Aggarwal

You are true :)

500 possesses low graphics

and yeah, for the 4 HS issue, there is already a mod out there by Upakul i guess which makes it unlimited...You can add as many HS as you need :)

But that would slow down the phone, right? As such, it faces RAM issues with Anna.

And that's wrong! I wanted Maps 3.08. Any way to port it?

Normally during NSU or Nokia suit update the data will be backed uo before flashing and re installed. During  update  by NSU ,  the hack will not be disturbed. If you change from hacked CFW to OFW by NSU after the flashing also the phone with OFW remain hacked. But phoenix flashing will remove everything. Nokia 500 is using  RAPU V21  ( Radio Application Processor Unit  Version 21  )  &  Mux Onenand flash chip from samsung . The flash details are in the core file  headers Elf2flash... 11.20.000 ..... CMT..... XSR.....1.6  ( XSR = extended sector Remappaer ) It requires flashlaoder for RAPUV21 and XSR 1.7. The loader is RAPUv21_XSR17_alg.fg. The  Nokia suit  loaders are in the  C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Nokia Suite\NOSSU2\Flash. The phoenix loaders are in the C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\FlashUsb. It uses the loader bin as per the flashusb.ini. About XSR MuxOneNand Samsung gurantees that first block will not be a bad block and 2% max bad blocks of the total blocks may present  in the Onenand chip. Samsung gurantees  100,000 write/erase cycles but if any bad blocks developed in that period the chip may not function. The publicly available XSR porting guide is attached.

5485_.rar