[Tutorial] Unlock Huawei e1732 Modem

Die2mrw007

Requirements :

Procedure:

• Download both the mentioned files (CDMA Workshop and E1732 Downgrader)
  • Plug your E1732 with any other operator sim and let it install its driver
  • Now just Right click on MY COMPUTER ICON >> PROPERTIES >> DEVICE MANAGER >>Ports (COM & LPT) then you can see there something like HUAWEI Mobile Connect – 3G Application Interface (COM8) then com8 is your systems port number please note the port number
  • Now Run CDMA WOrkshop.Exe and  Click on Main and select the com port number in COM Settings (AT mode)box.

Then You have to click on Connect

• Then Click On Read and Let it read your modem information and you can see your modem information on left panel.
  • Now Click on Security Tab >> Spc >> Default (nv_read) as SPC and Type 000000 in blank box and click on Spc and you can see the pop up window click on SEND.
  • Now Just Navigate to Memory Tab >> NV Items >> And Click On Read you can see on pop up box now click on OK.
  • Now you can see on NV Backup Box now in Last NV Item box type 9999 and click on ok and save it with any name. and it will backup your data let it be complete to 100% . and minimize CDMA Work Shop
  • Now Run E1732 Downgreder >> Accept Terms and Conation >> Then Click On Next and it will read your modem let it be finish then it will show your modem data then click on Start.
  • In the process you will get massage like update failure after downloading program. Not to worry, just click OK.
  • Then Again Come on CDMA Workshop and come on Main Tab and click on Disconnect and unplug your modem
  • Now Again Plug your modem and Run CDMA Workshop and check and select Com port as pr we have done previously
  • Then come on CDMA wokrshop and Select Com Port and click on Connect and navigate to Memory Tab >> NV ITEMS >> Click On Write >> now you can see one confirm box click on OK. then Click on Open then borwse and select the file which we have saved before
  • When the process will reach at 100% you can see success message then click on OK and From Main Tab Disconnect your modem and you are Done :)

3931_.zip

• 1 month later...

Yes, it is in working state.

because i have updated the firmware

but still not unlocked, then i got CDMA workshop but .. not reading the DATA info.

Do you followed the exact procedure mentioned here ? You need to have the correct port number to get it detected....just go through the steps mentioned here...It should read fine

Yes i tried the same but getting the same error "Failed... does not read phone data"....

I also heard that Idea netsetter has some inbuilt ...functionality to prevent hacking/unlocking.

and even when i see the Modem status its shows

0 attempt left out of 10

i tried to reset counter but that also not working.

Do you followed the exact procedure mentioned here ? You need to have the correct port number to get it detected....just go through the steps mentioned here...It should read fine

Yes i tried the same but getting the same error "Failed... does not read phone data"....

I also heard that Idea netsetter has some inbuilt ...functionality to prevent hacking/unlocking.

and even when i see the Modem status its shows

0 attempt left out of 10

i tried to reset counter but that also not working.

OMG, you ran out of the maximum number of trials... You shouldnt have do that

I personally did unlocked many idea netsetters including the latest builds (not this model particularly)

There isnt any such functionality to prevent hack/unlocking as you are saying.

Just give me a day... I will try to analyze what exactly would be the solution to your modem as you already did ran out of the maximum number of attempts.

Update: I got to know that huawei manufacturers have rest the counter to 0 attempts out of 10 by the request from Idea cellular.

This is something serious. But I will definitely figure out a solution to unlock it. Just need some more time to verify.

That is good if you can crack it, other wise i will lost my 800 Rs :-)

i almost search all the forums, but failed to unlock

I hope u can do that :-)

Thanks in Advance.

OMG, you ran out of the maximum number of trials... You shouldnt have do that

I personally did unlocked many idea netsetters including the latest builds (not this model particularly)

There isnt any such functionality to prevent hack/unlocking as you are saying.

Just give me a day... I will try to analyze what exactly would be the solution to your modem as you already did ran out of the maximum number of attempts.

Update: I got to know that huawei manufacturers have rest the counter to 0 attempts out of 10 by the request from Idea cellular.

This is something serious. But I will definitely figure out a solution to unlock it. Just need some more time to verify.

That is good if you can crack it, other wise i will lost my 800 Rs :-)

i almost search all the forums, but failed to unlock

I hope u can do that :-)

Thanks in Advance.

Did u try this tool ?

http://forum.gizmolord.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1735.0;attach=5676

Please do try...I cant test this as I dont have this same USB modem

I tried Sola GSM Calc 1.0

i am getting bellow messeges.

Read info

-----------------------------------------------------------

Reading Device info...

Manufacturer: huawei

Model: E1732

Revision: 11.126.16.01.356

IMEI: 355445044937777

+GCAP: +CGSM,+DS,+ES

Check Lock

----------------------------------------------------

Checking Device Lock...

- SIM Status  : SIM is NOT ACCEPTED

- Lock Counter : 0,

- Operator    :

- MNC+MCC      : 000

Done.

please check this... and give some suggestion

Unlock Device

--------------------------------------

Sending [ 59045275 ] as UNLOCK CODE...

Device already unlocked or incorrect code.

Done.

Did you tried with other Sola GSM version... I have 0.4 version too (but it contains some backdoor virus as detected by MS Security Essentials)

Wish to give it a try ?

Via Sola GSM calculator, it can be unlocked but it isnt permanent solution...when u disconnect it from PC (or restart the PC) it will again get locked. So, a permanent solution to this is yet not found. Older firmwares can be unlocked via this posted method here....It seems that your firmware is latest one Also, You cant flash your device with lower firmware too as the firmware file for this model is yet not released by huawei site.

:-( yes ...

Thanks for all effort, let me know .. when you got .. solution to it :-)

Via Sola GSM calculator, it can be unlocked but it isnt permanent solution...when u disconnect it from PC (or restart the PC) it will again get locked.

So, a permanent solution to this is yet not found.

Older firmwares can be unlocked via this posted method here....It seems that your firmware is latest one

Also, You cant flash your device with lower firmware too as the firmware file for this model is yet not released by huawei site.