Simple Message or Calender Backup & Restore trick without using external apps

Tristar

I had found a tutorial somewhere on GM somtime back regarding backing up & restoring of Messages & Calender somewhere on DM forum, but don't remember where and since i didn't see one one i felt i should share .

This method doesn't need any sort of app to be installed, just follow the instructions below and you will be able to backup or restore it in a matter of secs :)

But make sure your phone is hacked first.

Also make sure the openforall.rmp patch is active when doing this.

Back up your messages

Make a backup of the SMSs and emails in the built-in Symbian messaging application of your phone.

1.    Hack your phone to get access to the c:\private folder.

2.    Copy the entire folder:

c:\private\1000484b\

to a safe place, such as your memory card or computer, or email it to yourself from your phone. If you want to email it, make a .zip file from the folder first.

If you've told your phone to store messages on your memory card, copy the folder e:\private\ 1000484b\ instead.

The built-in Symbian file browser can't see the c:\private folder, so use a file browser like X-Plore or Filebrowser instead. The free version will do.

Back up your calendar entries

2.    Copy the file:

c:\private\10003a5b\Calendar

to a safe place, such as your memory card or computer, or email it to yourself from your phone.

The built-in Symbian file browser can't see the c:\private folder, so use a file browser like X-Plore or FileBrowser instead. The free version will do.

If u want to restore just do the opposite, i.e copy the backup files and replace in the appropriate folder and Voila its Restored !!

Note: If ur messages are in your memory card then the folder would be something like this e:\private\1000484b\

Please let me know the original member who share the method so i could give him/her the credit

Also this Trick seems to be good for backing upto 1500 messages, cause anything more than that, users mention it taking hours :)

[screenshots added]

Posted Image [img width=236 height=420] Scr000004.jpg

Also if u feel this is a repost, please do let me know b4 i start to upload the screenshots or i would simply be wasting time :P:D too late :)

tried it before...

good method for less msgs...

but if u have msgs more 1500 so on than it will take a lot of time...!!!

nyway nice tutorial...!!! +1

thanks bro, although i find it more reliable and there are no issues with restoring on any cfw... :)

awesome method,+1,wil try on next flash

thanks and do let me know if it works well...cause i hardly have a few hundred sms to test :D

• 3 weeks later...

I had found a tutorial somewhere on GM somtime back regarding backing up & restoring of Messages & Calender somewhere on DM forum, but don't remember where and since i didn't see one one i felt i should share .

This method doesn't need any sort of app to be installed, just follow the instructions below and you will be able to backup or restore it in a matter of secs :)

But make sure your phone is hacked first.

Also make sure the openforall.rmp patch is active when doing this.

Back up your messages

Make a backup of the SMSs and emails in the built-in Symbian messaging application of your phone.

2.    Copy the entire folder:

c:\private\1000484b\

to a safe place, such as your memory card or computer, or email it to yourself from your phone. If you want to email it, make a .zip file from the folder first.

If you've told your phone to store messages on your memory card, copy the folder e:\private\ 1000484b\ instead.

The built-in Symbian file browser can't see the c:\private folder, so use a file browser like X-Plore or Filebrowser instead. The free version will do.

Back up your calendar entries

2.    Copy the file:

c:\private\10003a5b\Calendar

to a safe place, such as your memory card or computer, or email it to yourself from your phone.

The built-in Symbian file browser can't see the c:\private folder, so use a file browser like X-Plore or FileBrowser instead. The free version will do.

If u want to restore just do the opposite, i.e copy the backup files and replace in the appropriate folder and Voila its Restored !!

Note: If ur messages are in your memory card then the folder would be something like this e:\private\1000484b\

Please let me know the original member who share the method so i could give him/her the credit

Also this Trick seems to be good for backing upto 1500 messages, cause anything more than that, users mention it taking hours :)

[screenshots added]

Posted Image [img width=236 height=420] Scr000004.jpg

Also if u feel this is a repost, please do let me know b4 i start to upload the screenshots or i would simply be wasting time :P:D too late :)

i Using this method from a long time ago, now last night i backup approx 6845 messages within a minute and restored within a minute using xplore copy to zip and extraction function on Nokia 5800 xpress ofw and cfw.

i didn't get u, did it help or no?

i want to update Nokia 5800 xpress RM-356 V 52.0.007 OFW to Nokia 5800/5233/5230/5530/X6 All RM EquiLibriuM based N97v30(Update:23-01-2012) CFW,

for this i have to backup and restore messages,

i have copied c:\private\1000484b(folder) using xplore -> Menu -> ZIP -> Copy To Zip -> And Selected Memory card location to create zip file, with in one minute all messages copied and zip file created successfully on memory card.

After Updating To Nokia 5800/5233/5230/5530/X6 All RM EquiLibriuM based N97v30(Update:23-01-2012)

before extraction messaging memory set to memory card then i deleted c:\private\1000484b(folder) using xplore, to extract xplore ->zip file selected (created by Copy To Zip) then menu -> file-> open -> now selected 1000484b folder -> then menu -> file -> extract to . . -> extraction path selected c:\private to extract 1000484b folder, With a Minute All Messages Extracted To c:\private\1000484b, and then selected message memory to c: phone memory, now i am using them happily. . .

i want to update Nokia 5800 xpress RM-356 V 52.0.007 OFW to Nokia 5800/5233/5230/5530/X6 All RM EquiLibriuM based N97v30(Update:23-01-2012) CFW,

for this i have to backup and restore messages,

i have copied c:\private\1000484b(folder) using xplore -> Menu -> ZIP -> Copy To Zip -> And Selected Memory card location to create zip file, with in one minute all messages copied and zip file created successfully on memory card.

After Updating To Nokia 5800/5233/5230/5530/X6 All RM EquiLibriuM based N97v30(Update:23-01-2012)

before extraction messaging memory set to memory card then i deleted c:\private\1000484b(folder) using xplore, to extract xplore ->zip file selected (created by Copy To Zip) then menu -> file-> open -> now selected 1000484b folder -> then menu -> file -> extract to . . -> extraction path selected c:\private to extract 1000484b folder, With a Minute All Messages Extracted To c:\private\1000484b, and then selected message memory to c: phone memory, now i am using them happily. . .

that's great, so it helped :D