Jailbreak iOS 5 iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad, iPod Touch (HOW TO)

RAZR

Your full guide to jailbreak iOS 5 iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 1, iPod touch 3G and iPod touch 4G. MuscleNerd has confirmed that the current redsn0w tool can jailbreak iOS 5 tethered not untethered.

Posted Image

Tethered jailbreak means you’ll have to plug in your device to your computer every time it reboots to make a “Just Tethered Boot” from redsn0w.

Jailbreak iOS 5 Tutorial

STEP 1: Download the required files:

1.iTunes 10.5 for Windows or Mac

2.iOS 5 for your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

3.Redsn0w 0.9.9b4

Mirror #1: RedSn0w 0.9.9b4 Windows Download

Mirror #1:RedSn0w 0.9.9b4 Mac OS X Download

STEP 2: Connect your device, sync it with iTunes then restore to iOS 5.

STEP 3: Open Redsn0w, click on Extras, then Select IPSW and point it to iOS 5 IPSW file.

Posted Image

STEP 4: Now hit back, then jailbreak and check on “Install Cydia”.

STEP 5: Follow the on-screen instructions to get your device in DFU mode.

[img width=344 height=420]http://cdn.cydiahelp.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/2.png

You’ll get your device jailbroken within few minutes of installing some important exploits on your iOS device. You’ll get white Cydia icon once jailbroken, you’ll need to make tethered boot to get it working. In future, when you reboot your device, you’ll also need to tethered boot.

Tethered Boot iOS 5

STEP 1: Open Redsn0w, hit Extras then “Just Boot”.

[img width=344 height=420]http://cdn.cydiahelp.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/3.png

STEP 2: Hit next and then follow the on-screen instructions to get in DFU mode.

Now you’ll be able then to open your device again.

Let me know in case you need any help.

• 2 months later...

"Tethered jailbreak means you’ll have to plug in your device to your computer every time it reboots to make a “Just Tethered Boot” from redsn0w." if I reboot my phone and I'm not infont of my computer, can my phone turn on? (after jailbreak success) Sorry about my dummy question

"Tethered jailbreak means you’ll have to plug in your device to your computer every time it reboots to make a “Just Tethered Boot” from redsn0w."

if I reboot my phone and I'm not infont of my computer, can my phone turn on? (after jailbreak success)

Sorry about my dummy question

No, its not needed as far as I think...its just for the boot option !!!

Tethered literally means ‘attached’, and this is exactly what these kinds of jailbreaks are. In definition terms, a tethered jailbreak is one in which a jailbroken device cannot reboot (not from standby, but from complete power off) unless it is attached to a computer. Such a device, if powered off, will go into recovery mode (or recovery loop) infinitely when rebooted unless it is attached to a computer and the same program that was used for jailbreak, will bypass the Apple logo and boot the device again.