Pantech burst stuck on pantech logo screen

jvanellen

:-SS My pantech burst is rooted and has all the bliss lol I turned it off one day and it would not reboot all the way. It reboots to the pantech logo and just buzzes every few seconds. Computer recognizes nothing else does, am I screwed or can I bring it out of its coma? lol I can get to recovery but does not update says invalid E: sdcard/image/update.zip no su and signature

Did you try the 3 fingers technique? with the phone turned off, hold down both + and -  volume buttons then hold down the power button with another one of your finger. Don't let go until you see a screen that says s/w emergency upload. If you can get here, your phone still got hope. If you can't get to emergency mode, connect your data cable to your phone and pc,  and see what the pc tells you, hopefully it's anything but asking for dhsusb_dload driver. Sent From my PantechP9070 on cm10 using Tapatalk

So you can get to s/w upgrade screen? Then you're in a better shape than you realized. From what I read, I'm making an assumption that your operating system is fried, so you have a case of soft brick that can be fixed by getting the dl file of what ever operating system you're running (ICS?) get the Pantech upload tool, switch to s/w upgrade screen, and you can fix your phone in 3min. Sent From my PantechP9070 on cm10 using Tapatalk

i downgraded to windows 7, windows 8 was giving me issues with everything. I can get to recovery on the cell, it just has apply update from external storage, wipe data, wipe cache, apply update from cache, enable ums, wipe internal, initialize sd partion. wieh I do apply with external it says :E: failed to open /sdcard/image/update.zip (no such file or directory) E:signature verification failed Imstallation aborted

i downgraded to windows 7, windows 8 was giving me issues with everything. I can get to recovery on the cell, it just has apply update from external storage, wipe data, wipe cache, apply update from cache, enable ums, wipe internal, initialize sd partion. wieh I do apply with external it says :E: failed to open /sdcard/image/update.zip (no such file or directory) E:signature verification failed Imstallation aborted

how come ? There must be install from zip . My recommendation is to flash pdl . Search here you'll get it .because idk what kinda cwm is it or wateva . First try that then report .

I downloaded pantech download tool after downgrading to windows 7 and added the pdl file and clicked download and it fired right up while in sw mode pantech download tool:  https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B78NxrFo-Rv8VlhFZzBFZ2dXWVU/edit?usp=drive_web&pli=1 pdl file to add:  https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B78NxrFo-Rv8c1pJQllGN1k1Z0E/edit?usp=drive_web&pli=1 Thank you for all your help! Appreciate it! Jerri :)>-

If you are using just stocked ICS, and you want to root your burst,  you many want to think about getting the burst hacking tool. It will install CWM touch on your phone so you can back up your Rom and flash the Rom easier in the future if you need to again. If you're interested, search either this forum or xda developers' forum for "burst hacking tool". It makes rooting your phone a snap. Sent From my PantechP9070 on cm10 using Tapatalk

Just to speed things up. If you're running window xp, you need to get a program call "pdanet", which will give you a driver that solves your problem of "waiting for device" during the fastboot. Once you have pdanet, run it and let it install the drivers. You can uninstall pdanet later. If you have window 7 (I don't know about 8, but I heard it has some issues with rooting burst) you don't have to download pdanet. Be sure to turn on usb debug in your phone. Now don't run hack burst tool. In your command screen inside adb tools directory type "adb reboot bootloader" then type "fastboot boot prestoroot.img" Now when you see  "waiting for device" msg again, this time open windows device manager, and look for a device that needs driver. Should be something that says android something with an ! over it. Right click it and update the driver. Once the driver is found, I think your phone should break out the waiting for device state and your phone is now rooted. If you still don't have cwm touch installed, you can now run hack burst tool again, and everything should run smoothly. Sent From my PantechP9070 on CM10 using Tapatalk