Defy(+): Changing back from CM10 2nd boot to GB ROMs

Tristar

Alot of you, Defy(+) users have been trying different ROMs lately. And most of you have been getting errors while going back to your previous GB ROMs from the current Quarx JB ROMs, so I have shared some steps to follow so that you do not face any such issues. Follow these steps: In CM10-2nd boot: >Bootmenu/tools/system tools/format data and cache to ext3. >Recovery/install zip from sdcard. >Reboot and press vol down when blue notification light blinks and go to recovery stable or custom. >Recovery/wipe data factory reset ...advanced/wipe dalvik cache. REBOOT and it should work fine. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Follow these steps:

In CM10-2nd boot:

>Bootmenu/tools/system tools/format data and cache to ext3.

>Recovery/install zip from sdcard.

>Reboot and press vol down when blue notification light blinks and go to recovery stable or custom.

>Recovery/wipe data factory reset

...advanced/wipe dalvik cache.

REBOOT and it should work fine. :)

Tristar.....

THANKYOU!!! THANKYOU!!! THANKYOU!!! THANKYOU!!! THANKYOU!!!  :yahoo:  :-*  :-bd

I upgraded to Cm10 on my Defy+ a few days ago, had problems and thied to go back to my nice stable CM7.2 Nandroid backup but the recovery always failed to find /.android_secure.  I followed your 5 steps above, did a RESTORE and now I have my phone back!!! 

Thanks again    :-bd

Tristar.....

THANKYOU!!! THANKYOU!!! THANKYOU!!! THANKYOU!!! THANKYOU!!!  :yahoo:  :-*  :-bd

I upgraded to Cm10 on my Defy+ a few days ago, had problems and thied to go back to my nice stable CM7.2 Nandroid backup but the recovery always failed to find /.android_secure.  I followed your 5 steps above, did a RESTORE and now I have my phone back!!! 

Thanks again    :-bd

Glad my tutorial helped you... Happy Flashing :D

nice share mate keep it up !

Thanks mate

• 1 month later...