AltStart by lamerfall

lamerfall

Now you can have different start up configurations using the included patches.

You can edit the starter_arm.rsc and starter_non_critical_1.rsc and save them like starter_arX.rsc and starter_non_critical_X.rsc (X is from 2-9) and activate each config with a patch.

Instructions:

1. Prepare your different startup configs and add them to ROFS

2. Add RPP in your cfw with domainsrv

3. Use RPP to select the active config (add it to Auto (domainsrv) and restart)

Use cases:

- you can have config for everyday use and extreme configs for more free ram or faster start

- you can have separate configs for different Desktop Shells and taskmanagers

- you can have configs that start your favorite programs (starting programs from starters is faster than their default autostart)

- you can experiment with new configurations without risk of reflashing (if something goes wrong eject your memory card)

- and many more

Requirements:

RomPatcherPlus with domainsrv

Patches are tested on RM-356 v60 and they are working fine. On other phones you need to test them - see if one turns green.

Update:

Still no reports for non-working patches, but if it does not work on your phone, you can try the Compatibility zip. It should work on more phones.

If you use this in your CFW, I'll be happy to see my name in your credits section :)

Don't forget my +1 if I helped you or if you like my work here!

8931_.zip

8951_.zip

Now you can have different start up configurations using the included patches.

You can edit the starter_arm.rsc and starter_non_critical_1.rsc and save them like starter_arX.rsc and starter_non_critical_X.rsc (X is from 2-9) and activate each config with a patch.

Instructions:

1. Prepare your different startup configs and add them to ROFS

2. Add RPP in your cfw with domainsrv

3. Use RPP to select the active config (add it to Auto (domainsrv) and restart)

Use cases:

- you can have config for everyday use and extreme configs for more free ram or faster start

- you can have separate configs for different Desktop Shells and taskmanagers

- you can have configs that start your favorite programs (starting programs from starters is faster than their default autostart)

- you can experiment with new configurations without risk of reflashing (if something goes wrong eject your memory card)

- and many more

Requirements:

RomPatcherPlus with domainsrv

Patches are tested on RM-356 v60 and they are working fine. On other phones you need to test them - see if one turns green.

If you use this in your CFW, I'll be happy to see my name in your credits section :)

Don't forget my +1 if I helped you or if you like my work here!

I hve read all...but Dont got....whatz this????

Please Explain in Brief so....Will help to easy understanding..

THX :D :D

@pavan061994 I hope that this will help: Simple example - when you edit your starter files you choose between functionality and free RAM/performance. Using this you can have both - one configuration for maximum RAM and another standart config for every day use. Also you can create configurations that load your favorite Shell and taskmanager. This can help in tuning your starters because you can test 9 configs (or more) with 1 flash.

@pavan061994

I hope that this will help:

Simple example - when you edit your starter files you choose between functionality and free RAM/performance.

Using this you can have both - one configuration for maximum RAM and another standart config for every day use.

Also you can create configurations that load your favorite Shell and taskmanager.

This can help in tuning your starters because you can test 9 configs (or more) with 1 flash.

..got it..but...then is this safe and any side effects?like restarting after a use.?

No side effects of the method, but editing starter files always lead to side effects... But it is more safe than the old standart way: In old standart way you edit starters and hope that everything is allright - if something goes wrong your phone can keep restarting and you need to flash it again with better starters. (this of course is the worst case) By editing alternative starters the same way as in the above example if your phone keeps restarting you simply eject your memory card, then your phone loads its standart config, then you insert card and remove non working config from autostart (so no need of flash here) - for example you can have standart config + 8 alternative testing configs (all they may not work, but you can still use your phone)

• 3 weeks later...