Framework + System UI by xxthe

CrackUC

HERE is a revised version of same mod by XXTHE .

Procedure :

DOWNLOAD THIS FOLDER : - HERE

2. Delete Framework-res.apk from this folder .

3. Paste the new revised framework-res.apk in this folder now . DOWNLOAD REVISED FRAMEWORK-RES.APK

Now in  the modified(deleted old framework-res.apk with revised one) folder press shift while right click in empty space and select open command prompt here .

Connect your phone in debugging mode .

Now run these commands in the CMD.

adb remount

adb push framework-res.apk /system/framwork/framework-res.apk

adb shell

su

reboot

Screenshots :-

From This:-

Posted Image  [img width=252 height=420] Screenshot_2012-12-18-22-23-56.png  [img width=252 height=420] ' alt='' class='ipsImage' >

TO THIS:-

[img width=252 height=420] Screenshot_2012-12-18-22-34-07.png  [img width=252 height=420] Screenshot_2012-12-18-22-31-53.png [img width=252 height=420] ' alt='' class='ipsImage' >

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BELOW IS OLD FRAMEWORK-RES.APK MOD . SYSTEMUI.APK IS STILL UP TO DATE.

Here is some mod with framework and system UI by xxthe . What actually this mod does is it changes the Signal bar, bluetooth, wi-fi, silent, vibrate and battery is changed to stock ICS blue.

And what framework-res mod does is chages the toggle switches of wifi and bluetooth in settings .

Procedure :

The below procedure is to apply both System UI and framework-res together in one go . If you only want 1 mod than scroll down a bit .

1. Download This folder And in the folder press shift while right click in empty space and select open command prompt here .

Run the following command one by one .

adb remount

adb push SystemUI.apk /system/app/SystemUI.apk

adb shell

su

reboot

[img width=608 height=420] Capture-21.png

For framework only .

1. Download This folder And in the folder press shift while right click in empty space and select open command prompt here .

run these command in CMD

adb remount

adb shell

su

reboot

For system UI only .

Run the following command one by one .

adb remount

adb push SystemUI.apk /system/app/SystemUI.apk

adb shell

su

reboot

Screenshots :

From this :

[img width=252 height=420] ' alt='' class='ipsImage' >

TO this :

[img width=252 height=420] ' alt='' class='ipsImage' >

[img width=252 height=420] Screenshot_2012-12-10-15-31-15.png

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

INDEX: [iNDEX] Everything For Pantech Burst

DISCUSSION : Offcial Pantech Burst discussion thread

ESSENTIALS :[TUTORIAL] [Root]Pantech burst

[TUTORIAL] ClockWork Recovery Mod For Pantech Burst

ROMS: [ROMS] Pantech Burst Custom Roms

Stock firmwares : [stock ROMS] Pantech Burst all stock  Roms

Source Build Guides : [TUTORIAL] Compile Unoffcial Paranoid For Pantech burst

[TUTORIAL] Compile Unofficial CyanogenMod 10 for Pantech Burst

[TUTORIAL] Compile Unofficial AOKP for Pantech Burst

[TUTORIAL] Compile Unoffical AOSP ICS for Pantech Burst ( Codeaurora )

MODS/TWEAKS  : [TUTORIAL] How to Unlock Bootlaoder in Pantech burst

Miscellaneous : [TUTORIAL] Going Back To Gingerbread in Pantech Burst

[TUTORIAL] How to Make your pantech Burst recognizable

[TUTORIAL] How to remove All At&T Default apps/Bloatware from Pantech Burst

[TUTORIAL] 2G / 3G Toggle for Pantech Burst

[TUTORIAL] Unlock AT&T Pantech Burst

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• 2 weeks later...

what about your Ipad.... :P

there isn't anything much to do in it -_- . Just winterboard themes , cydia tweaks ( 90% proved pretty unless for me ) . You can't customize many things in Ipad . And To be frank I know many things could be written for ipad too but I don't want to . The reason I wrote all pantech and all is At no where in internet everything is written at one place. XDA is totally messed up . one thread of 350 pages holding every link :3 .  Essentials thread lacks many things . Guides are for advance users . SO thats why i wrote no other reason -_- .  My plan was to start a new blog for all. but it won't be giving that much contribution to users as it won't be appering in google much . GL appears in google well so thats why I opted GL . So users get benefit too .

First and foremost let me start by saying what a god awful tutorial you have here. There are virtually no instructions whatsoever, such as where should we put these files, do ADB and fastboot need to be in the folder with it? Do we merge it with our root folder, what do we do? What is the typical step by step process for someone who has not done it yet? You assume everyone should know already. So, with that being said, proper instructions, please.

First and foremost let me start by saying what a god awful tutorial you have here. There are virtually no instructions whatsoever, such as where should we put these files, do ADB and fastboot need to be in the folder with it? Do we merge it with our root folder, what do we do? What is the typical step by step process for someone who has not done it yet? You assume everyone should know already. So, with that being said, proper instructions, please.

you are certainly correct but I already wrote a no. of TUTS and writing same thing everywhere is pain for me . You once check XDA and than come here . See the way TUTS are written there and than compare with one here . And These things are very basic , everyone should know them if they want to mod the andro -_-

I've never had a problem modding android. I've themed and put custom roms on my old Inspire 4g, I've used UOT Kitchen, I've had MIUI, Coredroid and various other roms on it, Cyanogenod, etc. Never once have I had an issue. However, doing this with the Pantech Burst is entirely different, and with the Burst specifically, I am a newb. I have successfully rooted, and installed clockwork mod on my Pantech without any issues whatsoever. Now, all I want to do is apply this standard ICS theme to the phone as I think the Pantech theme is god awful and ugly. With that being said, my problem apparently lies within getting the "ADB Remount" command to work, it tells me the process failed. I put the framework-res.apk file in the folder I used to root the phone with. Then tried the commands nothing worked. I even tried replacing the folder entirely with the folder of yours, and using the framekwork-resk.apk you suggested, still doesn't not. What do I need to do exactly to get this to work? Keep in mind, nothing else has given me troubles.

Here is the message I get when trying to do adb remount C:\Users\Kyrstolton\Desktop\framework + system UI>adb remount remount failed: Operation not permitted C:\Users\Kyrstolton\Desktop\framework + system UI> I've also tried in different formats, same error. Also, if I try to push the frame-work.apk, it tells me it's a read only file. I've taken ownership of the files, etc. What do I  need to do exactly? Thanks.

Here is the message I get when trying to do adb remount

C:\Users\Kyrstolton\Desktop\framework + system UI>adb remount

remount failed: Operation not permitted

C:\Users\Kyrstolton\Desktop\framework + system UI>

I've also tried in different formats, same error.

Also, if I try to push the frame-work.apk, it tells me it's a read only file. I've taken ownership of the files, etc. What do I  need to do exactly? Thanks.

okay follow the other way . This is driver issue or might u didn't turned usb debugging on in ur phone . But leave . Just take the framework-res.apk and systemUI.apk from the folder .

than use ES file explorer and enable root directories and tick mount system writeable . Than copy framework-res.apk to /system/framework/(HERE)(replace it) . And system UI.apk to /System/apps/(here)(replace) .

Change permissions for both by holding them for a while and select properties than select change permission and make it rw-r-r ( or saying tick the first row full and first icon on 2nd row .) .

REstart and done :D >

downloads --> Framework-res.apk

Systemui.apk --> Copy from the folder .

Hope this time I elaborated well :D

Hey, I ended up doing it with Root Explorer, and it works. Thanks though. Your instructions were correct, I just apparently have some issue with remounting ADB.

this time you got some second alternative . But some day or other day you have to solve those USB issues -_- . They are driver problems . These things happen . Sometime with your mistake sometime not . Can you see you device in list ?

Connect your phone to PC in usb debugging mode .

In ADB , Type ' ADB DEVICES '

If you can see a device there ,than problem isn't in drivers. If not there are :D

• 1 month later...

I too get the permission denied. I do ADB Devices and it shows mine, I even run the ADB Shell, SU and go from there but no deal. I tried the Copying and replacing via File system, but as soon as I try to replace the old with the new, it asks if I'm sure and when I tap yes, it reboots and hangs on boot screen. I can't even get to the changing permissions part.

• 3 months later...

hi! im new with pantech burst, i have rooted and i want to install gizmolord but i like the stock lockscreen, so thats apart..

my question is...is it possibly remove the Carrier name from the TOP??

thanks a lot :)

lol It requires smali editing . Well I can't do that .

hi! im new with pantech burst, i have rooted and i want to install gizmolord but i like the stock lockscreen, so thats apart..

my question is...is it possibly remove the Carrier name from the TOP??

thanks a lot :)

Yes you can,  You have to pull framework.res and system UI from ur system and change whatever u want on uot kitchen (Online).  Push back / overwrite the modified ui and framwork..  Restart. 

If u dont understand the above then don't try it, cause process is littile bit tough + risky :) and u dont have required skills.

Instead try CM10 or slimbean Rom to get theme support and awsome themes. (SlimBean recomended)  CM10 based Roms they are.

Tap'd from burst :)

im not skilled :(

so.. slimbean its a modded stock???

i only see pics from GizmoLord Rom,  so its weird and worthless, i dont know how they keep that...

which rom do you recomend??  i think the GizmoLord was the best of best.. the other roms are very good roms too?

Slimbean isn't modded stock . Its a source build of JB 4.1.2 from slimbean repo . its good though I didn't used yet . Try paranoid its good :D

• 6 months later...