How to create .mif files

shashwat

I Am Able to create this tutorial with the help of die2mrw007, so +1 for him too.

Mif files are used in every cfw,as they are icon files, so here is a short tutorial to create your own icons and implement them in your cfw to make it look different and elegant than other cfws.

This tutorial will show you how to convert your jpeg or png file into .mif or icon files, that could be used in making your cfw.

1) Download and Install python app,smartsis and virtual keyboard from the following links:

Python pack

Smartsis app

Virtual keyboard

2) Open virtual keyboard(it is required to navigate through the menus...by default the app doesnt support kinetic scroll..hence you will need to use virtual keyboard for navigation) and minimize it:

Posted Image

3) Open smartsis app.

4) Click on Options and then Go to: Tools>MIF Utility:

[img width=236 height=420] Scr000014-1.jpg

5) Then again click on options>Picture-in-svg:

[img width=236 height=420] Scr000011-1.jpg

6) File browser will open, browse by the virtual keyboard and find your jpeg,png or gif file that you want to convert in mif.

7) In one or two seconds the process will be completed and it will show:

[img width=236 height=420] Scr000010-1.jpg

8) After that click on options>packing>One file.

9) Browse the certain .svg that it just been converted, it is in e:\Smartsis\Mifs\Tosvg\

10) Click on ****.svg and your work is done, it will show the path of your mif file created, do what you want to do with it :P

[img width=236 height=420] Scr000012-1.jpg

yup its pretty perfect with screenshots :)

this gonna help many new cfw makers or any user who is interested to explore with new icons.

Not only icons, frm this we could make the startup and shutdown screen too :)

hmm,this topic could be updated,as smartsis could be explored for many uses, i think, like reversing the concept and converting .mif into .svg and then .png..

hmm,this topic could be updated,as smartsis could be explored for many uses, i think, like reversing the concept and converting .mif into .svg and then .png..

.mif cant be converted to svg/svgb or any other format....

the reason for this is .mif format is not a single file..its a package of many files. If we extract .mif file, you could see many svg/svgb files

I have one more Tool for converting .svg to .svgb or vice versa

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

.mif cant be converted to svg/svgb or any other format....

the reason for this is .mif format is not a single file..its a package of many files. If we extract .mif file, you could see many svg/svgb files

I have one more Tool for converting .svg to .svgb or vice versa

you talkin bout liliantungry (sis:-)) tool right?