ICS 2.3.6 v4 for AOT 918N 2.3.6 + ics settings looks+reboot&recovery menu

mark.ranuda

:-hFlashable ICS 2.3.6v4 final

changed logs:

=fully rooted system&boot image

=integrated task killing tweaks to boot.img(for better =performance)

=fully init.d,ext2.ko & tun.ko support, integrated to boot.img

=Vertical signal bars

=circle battery w/numbers indicator

=latest busybox installed

=added ICS keyboard

=100mb free space of internal memory

=fixed Market issues

=latest market & superuser

=system files zipalign(to optimize ram usage)

=made some changes in audio files and replaced to SGY(lite file =size,to save some free space)

=turn ON & OFF are set to silent as default

=modified lockscreen

=fixed schedule power on/off FC

=added JellyBean wallpapers

=+some apps

note:

system folder only have 2.4mb free space, meaning it is not advisable to integrate some APPLICATION to this folder to make an app as a system file....but if you want,you can put it on this folder by using rootexplorer /custpack/app/withlib or withoutlib ,

same thing in replacing launcher...its better to put it to /custpack/app/withlib or withoutlib to save some system space then delete the default launcher in /system/app (make sure to set the permission properly [ rw-r-r ]

how to install?

1.rooted

2.custom recovery installed (CWM recovery)

3.place the zip file(ICS 2.3.6v4 final) to sd card

4.go to recovery mode by pressing volume up & power key (hold them until android logo indicate)

5.now select "wipe data/factory reset" this will delete all user "data" and "cache"(cache recognize as a cuspact files in Alcatel 918 2.3.6 version )

6.after step #5 select "install zip from sdcard" then select "chose zip from sdcard"

7.locate the ICS 2.3.6v4 final.zip then after selecting it press the power key.

8.wait until installing process done. it will indicates installation complete...select "++Go Back++"

9. now select "Backup and restore" then "advance restore"

10.you will see the custpackfile select it by pressing power key now select cache by pressing again the power key ,after restoring now your done reboot your phone and wait a few minutes to setup your phone.....

Download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?vloaovsboas6bku :cool:

I'm glad that many user's of alcatel 918N 2.3.6 like my work...by the way here is the new update of my rom......feel free and enjoy...i need your feed backs to resolve some issue's  and to make it much better....

Updates

note:This is not a full ROM

changes:

8mp camera patch

replaced popup animation

removed camera sound

fix unseen time schedule on alarm clock

replaced switch panel icons

add reboot & recovery action on power menu

changed settings menu to ICS looks

gray backround of setting menu as a default

add some useful tools extracted on sdcard (ICSv4_apps)

add chainfire3D as a system file

included also a flashble mod of statusbar:

moded status backround

centered clock position

there are two folders inside Modified Statusbar flashable that already extracted to your sd card

Centered Clock+StatusBG's - centered clock position with moded statusbackround

StatusBG's - default position of clock with moded statusbackround

for status background mod just flash to cmw recovery

Installation guide of v4 update:

1.place the zip file(ICS2.3.6v4_update.zip) to sd card

2.go to recovery mode by pressing volume up & power key (hold them until android logo indicate)

3.select "install zip from sdcard" then select "chose zip from sdcard"

4.locate the ICS2.3.6v4_update.zip then after selecting it press the power key.

5.wait until installing process done. it will indicates installation complete...select "++Go Back++"

6. now select "Backup and restore" then "advance restore"

7.you will see the custpackfile select it by pressing power key now select cache by pressing again the power key ,after restoring now your done reboot your phone and wait a few minutes to setup your phone.....

NOTE:No need to wipe data/factory reset

please follow carefully the guide on how to install

here is the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?8l96ctapp2du33d

reboot & recovery+ICS settings screenshots:

Posted Image[img width=280 height=420] 201322232222.png[img width=280 height=420] 201322232130.png[img width=280 height=420] 201322232158.png[img width=280 height=420] 201322231919.png

screenshots of statusbackgrounds:

[img width=280 height=420] 2013231584.png[img width=280 height=420] 201323141913.png[img width=280 height=420] 20132314134.png

I tried this ROM, but it seems it eats up a lot of battery. Can it be taken care, I used to get approx 40-50% of battery life at the end of the day, however it seems last night it dropped to 8%. This could be a draw back on this rom. I might need to go back to the old ROM. I could not understand, the applications are lesser then the earlied rom and background applications are not much, still it eats up the battery. Any idea??

• 2 weeks later...

http://forum.gizmolord.com/custom-rom's/flashable-ics-2-3-6v4-final-wblue-ledblinking-for-alcatel-918n-2-3-6 '>http://forum.gizmolord.com/custom-rom's/flashable-ics-2-3-6v4-final-wblue-ledblinking-for-alcatel-918n-2-3-6   

this is the link  for ROM and is Instructions for installing and support 

1) instal the above rom  http://forum.gizmolord.com/custom-rom's/flashable-ics-2-3-6v4-final-wblue-ledblinking-for-alcatel-918n-2-3-6

2)  download http://www.mediafire.com/?8l96ctapp2du33d updatable zip file.....

3)then do not format anything just do following things...

1.place the zip file ICS2.3.6v4_update.zip to sd card

2.go to recovery mode by pressing volume up & power key (hold them until android logo indicate).

3.select "install zip from sdcard" then select "chose zip from sdcard"

4.locate the ICS2.3.6v4_update.zip then after selecting it press the power key.

5.wait until installing process done. it will indicates installation complete...select "++Go Back++"

6. now select "Backup and restore" then "advance restore"

7.you will see the custpackfile select it by pressing power key now select cache by pressing again the power key ,after restoring now your done reboot your phone and wait a few minutes to setup your phone.....

NOTE:No need to wipe data/factory reset.

if u got any kind of error PM me i will help You as soon as posible!

thanks.

I've been using mine for 1 day and 14 hours, still with 66% battery. I don't see any problem though...

It seems that you keep the phone on and don't do much use of it. Using mobile internet connection drains the battery faster then the earlier ROMs. Please do a check and you will find it. Another important thing that swap is not supported on any of the ROMs for this device. I am not sure what could be the reason. I have tried searching almost everywhere, however could not get any solution yet.

It seems that you keep the phone on and don't do much use of it. Using mobile internet connection drains the battery faster then the earlier ROMs. Please do a check and you will find it. Another important thing that swap is not supported on any of the ROMs for this device. I am not sure what could be the reason. I have tried searching almost everywhere, however could not get any solution yet.

Well actually you are right. I only use it for calling and text messaging.  Though i do some tweakings every now and then. But still it last for 2 days. What i notice is that the battery doesnt show accurate percentage and status. I have been timing it and when i check, its  on for 3days and 10 hours already. When its only nearing 2.

I have seen this kind of issue on one of my friend's s3.he installed a rom and had the same issue. probably had a problem in the calculation of the battery something. Cant remember the specifics. He installed something and there you go. Its fix. Will try to remember

• 1 month later...

MARK I TRIED YOUR TUTORIAL AND USED YOUR CUSTOM ROM ICS FOR AOT 918N 2.3.6v but only i got is continuous android logo boot and reboot at the same place. then nothings happen. thats it! my system is corrupt.. would you mind how can i restore my system perhap the old system for alcatel? i only got cwm recovery.. GIVE ME THE RIGHT CWM RECOVERY TO USE. AND I WILL TRY TO DO THE TUTORIAL AGAIN. i tried to restore the system file and cache form old but nothing happen. just get me back from my old system. thanks!

MARK

I TRIED YOUR TUTORIAL AND USED YOUR CUSTOM ROM ICS FOR AOT 918N 2.3.6v

but only i got is continuous android logo boot and reboot at the same place. then nothings happen. thats it!

my system is corrupt..

would you mind how can i restore my system perhap the old system for alcatel?

i only got cwm recovery.. GIVE ME THE RIGHT CWM RECOVERY TO USE. AND I WILL TRY TO DO THE TUTORIAL AGAIN.

i tried to restore the system file and cache form old but nothing happen.

just get me back from my old system.

thanks!

use one touch upgard  for original rom

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have an alcatel ot-918D. I succesfully rooted the device and installed the ICS 2.3.6 v4 rom. Question : As my native language is Dutch, is it possible to ad this language option in this rom ? Or do you refer to a different rom to be used which includes this language option ? Thanks a lot ! Appreciate the work with roms you are doing !!!

Hi,

I have an alcatel ot-918D.

I succesfully rooted the device and installed the ICS 2.3.6 v4 rom.

Question : As my native language is Dutch, is it possible to ad this language option in this rom ?

Or do you refer to a different rom to be used which includes this language option ?

Thanks a lot ! Appreciate the work with roms you are doing !!!

Try this:

Open “Google Play” on your device.

Tap on “Search” and type “locale select” in the search box.

Tap on “Set Locale and Language” app, which should be the first result.

Tap on “Download” and then on the “Accept & download” button.

Wait until the app gets installed.

Now, go to the system settings of your device and choose from the new installed languages in the “Language and Input Settings” option.

Set the language you want from the available list.

Hope it helps. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...