plz help my samsung galaxy y doesn't start

akashv

Well, you must flash back with stock rom to restore back your device.. Here is how you do it

ROOTED YOUR DEVICE ? INSTALLED A CUSTOM ROM ?

Now if u wanna go to service center for any kind of isuue, u need to present them the phone in original state ? so what will you do? u need to flash the stock ROM / FIRMWARE.

TOOLS NEEDED / POINTS TO BE NOTED

** Fully Charge your mobile’s battery, or atleast 80%

** Backup any important data available on Memory Card [Not Necessary ... but just in case]

**Odin3 v1.85 => DOWNLOAD

**Galaxy Y Stock Rom => Country Specific Collection Available Here [Thanks to Docky73 from XDA]

U can also get the stock ROM from SAMMOBILE.COM [but single flashable files - flashing method will be different]

**SAMSUNG MOBILE USB DRIVERS => Get them from HERE or Install KIES to get them automatically.

Step1.  Extract the stock ROM , you will find three files starting with PDA,Mobile and CSC

Step2.  Stop Samsung Kies [if Installed], After that Start Odin V1.85

Step3.  On bottom of right side , you will find 5 boxes asking for 5 files

PIT files

Boot Files

PDA

Modem or Phone files

CSC files

Leave PIT and BOOT files empty and select the other three files from Extracted original Stock ROM.

Step4.  For installing a new OS in your android smartphone you need to start your phone in the download MODE .Follow the steps below to open your phone in download mode :

Shut Down your Smartphone and wait a minute

Press three buttons simultaneously [Volume Down+HOME+Power Button] , press these three buttons until you get an android warning type of screen.

After this screen , press volume up to enter in Android OS installation mode or Download MODE .

Step5.  Connect your Smartphone with your PC via USB cable .

Step6.  You will see a yellow bar on the top left of ODIN showing this message 0:[COMxx]  in the IDCOM area.

Step7.  You need to repeat Step 4 and Step 5 until you get a yellow message on the left top of ODIN

[This yellow bar indicated that your smartphone is connected to PC and is ready to be flashed]

Step8.  If you see a yellow bar on the top Left Odin , then press start to start flashing your Galaxy Y .

It will take around 5-10 minutes to complete the installation process .You will see a Green PASS bar on the top left of ODIN Software indicating the completion of Installation .  Smartphone will reboot itself after the installation .

**** if it stuck (example boot animation loop) then:-

remove battery

resinsert battery, wait 30 sec

Start the phone in Recovery mode (hold power button + volume up + home

button together, when the phone starts to boot, release the power

button, and when the recovery menu comes quickly release the home

button first and then Volume UP button at last.).

select wipe data/factory reset (Vol UP/Down + Home)

select reboot system now

Source : http://fun-area.net/?p=345

This should solve your problem :)

shivam94  thnx 4 replyin i hv dwlded rom,odin file but m unable to go in dwld mode. wen i press [Volume Down+HOME+Power Button] it starts n enter dwld mode it shows d android warning type of screen but aftr 2-3 sec. it turn off automaticaly :sad:

As soon as the warning screen pops up, you should press the volume up button. After that connect your usb between mobile and computer and proceed as given in the above procedure

• 4 weeks later...

guyz plz help my samsung galaxy y doesn't start....when i press power key it starts shows d samsung logo but after 2-3 seconds it turn off....same in download mode it shows d triangle n download mode started after dat it turn off.. :'( :'(

I have the same problem as you, buy my phone is samsung galaxy pocket...

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I do not know if this helps but here is a guide how you can perform soft and hard resets on your mobile. I would suggest that firstly you ought to backup your files. Soft Reset The soft of a mobile phone is the process of resetting all the settings of the phone to the factory default. On this setting no applications will be deleted i.e. the applications you installed after you purchased the mobile phone. To soft reset the Samsung Galaxy Y mobile phone at idle mode just go to Settings ? Privacy ? Factory data reset ? Reset phone ? Erase everything Hard Reset A hard reset of the mobile phone is like formatting a drive of a computer or external hard drive disk.  Hard Reset formats the memory so everything that has been installed after you purchase the phone will be deleted. It will recover the memory of the phone to the state you purchased it. To hard reset Samsung Galaxy Y press and hold volume UP and press and hold power button for 10 seconds the phone will automatically reboot. Remember, the battery must be full or the charger has to be connected to the phone so that it does not run out of power and make the phone unusable. By the way I am developing a VoIP app for Android (according to this sample: http://www.voip-sip-sdk.com/p_456-voip-android-integration-voip.html). After your issue is solved have a look at it if you are interested. Hope my information will be useful for you.

Hello,

I do not know if this helps but here is a guide how you can perform soft and hard resets on your mobile.

I would suggest that firstly you ought to backup your files.

Soft Reset

The soft of a mobile phone is the process of resetting all the settings of the phone to the factory default. On this setting no applications will be deleted i.e. the applications you installed after you purchased the mobile phone. To soft reset the Samsung Galaxy Y mobile phone at idle mode just go to Settings ? Privacy ? Factory data reset ? Reset phone ? Erase everything

Hard Reset

A hard reset of the mobile phone is like formatting a drive of a computer or external hard drive disk.  Hard Reset formats the memory so everything that has been installed after you purchase the phone will be deleted. It will recover the memory of the phone to the state you purchased it. To hard reset Samsung Galaxy Y press and hold volume UP and press and hold power button for 10 seconds the phone will automatically reboot. Remember, the battery must be full or the charger has to be connected to the phone so that it does not run out of power and make the phone unusable.

By the way I am developing a VoIP app for Android (according to this sample: http://www.voip-sip-sdk.com/p_456-voip-android-integration-voip.html). After your issue is solved have a look at it if you are interested.

Hope my information will be useful for you.

Nice info buddy. :)

Definitely will look into it once it's in it's final stage.

Hello,

I do not know if this helps but here is a guide how you can perform soft and hard resets on your mobile.

I would suggest that firstly you ought to backup your files.

Soft Reset

The soft of a mobile phone is the process of resetting all the settings of the phone to the factory default. On this setting no applications will be deleted i.e. the applications you installed after you purchased the mobile phone. To soft reset the Samsung Galaxy Y mobile phone at idle mode just go to Settings ? Privacy ? Factory data reset ? Reset phone ? Erase everything

Hard Reset

A hard reset of the mobile phone is like formatting a drive of a computer or external hard drive disk.  Hard Reset formats the memory so everything that has been installed after you purchase the phone will be deleted. It will recover the memory of the phone to the state you purchased it. To hard reset Samsung Galaxy Y press and hold volume UP and press and hold power button for 10 seconds the phone will automatically reboot. Remember, the battery must be full or the charger has to be connected to the phone so that it does not run out of power and make the phone unusable.

By the way I am developing a VoIP app for Android (according to this sample: http://www.voip-sip-sdk.com/p_456-voip-android-integration-voip.html). After your issue is solved have a look at it if you are interested.

Hope my information will be useful for you.

Hi mate,

Will definitely look into your app once completed :) +1 for the info of your previous post

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...