Custom Rom For Alcatel 918N 2.3.6 (Ideasmartphone id 918)

The_Text

1) get partition tool to partition your SD card...from www.partition-tool.com/

2) then create ext2 upto 930mb...

3)then insert sd card into phone then restore your phone ......  and done!!!!

I followed your above instruction but still getting bootloops. 

Finally! Succeeded! How to (complete):

PREPARATION:

1: created 2 partitions on my 8GB sd card using my laptop/partition wizard.  (1st=fat32 ,  2nd=ext2,  all primary)

2: install recovery clockworkmod on my 918n.

INSTALLING THE CUSTOM ROM + INT2EXT:

1. Reboot to Recovery.

2. wipe data/factory reset.

3. wipe cache partition.

4. wipe dalvik cache

5. flash the ROM. reboot.

6. configure/setup (auto show after reboot)

7. install busybox.apk.

8. run the installed Busybox then it will ask you to install. Install to -> /system/bin.  You should get a "...congratulation..." kind of message if you installed it correctly. Busybox is needed so u must install it correctly.

9. reboot to recovery.

10. flash the "Enable INT2EXT+.zip"

11. reboot...  it will take longer .... be patient (in my case 4-5min)

12. after reboot configuration will show up again and you will get a lot of FCs .... dont worry...hold the power and power off.

13. reboot again...  configure ...  let it settle for few minutes and reboot again. that's it

Now i have 3.41GB available internal phone storage. yepii!!! thanks again bro. :yahoo:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I followed your above instruction but still getting bootloops. 

Finally! Succeeded! How to (complete):

PREPARATION:

1: created 2 partitions on my 8GB sd card using my laptop/partition wizard.  (1st=fat32 ,  2nd=ext2,  all primary)

2: install recovery clockworkmod on my 918n.

INSTALLING THE CUSTOM ROM + INT2EXT:

1. Reboot to Recovery.

2. wipe data/factory reset.

3. wipe cache partition.

4. wipe dalvik cache

5. flash the ROM. reboot.

6. configure/setup (auto show after reboot)

7. install busybox.apk.

8. run the installed Busybox then it will ask you to install. Install to -> /system/bin.  You should get a "...congratulation..." kind of message if you installed it correctly. Busybox is needed so u must install it correctly.

9. reboot to recovery.

10. flash the "Enable INT2EXT+.zip"

11. reboot...  it will take longer .... be patient (in my case 4-5min)

12. after reboot configuration will show up again and you will get a lot of FCs .... dont worry...hold the power and power off.

13. reboot again...  configure ...  let it settle for few minutes and reboot again. that's it

Now i have 3.41GB available internal phone storage. yepii!!! thanks again bro. :yahoo:

check new one http://forum.gizmolord.com/custom-rom%27s/new-ics-custom-rom-for-alcatel-918n-2-3-6-%28idea-smart-phone-id-198%29-blinking-led/

Hey, after I installed this ROM I can't download anything from Play Store, it keeps saying error.(492), and after installing the INT2EXT and the INT2EXT+, the phone freezes up at the "whirlpool" part of the start-up...

How do I solve this?....my phone is an Alcatel 918M.

1)download new playstore apps i posted it on my post..... here http://forum.gizmolord.com/custom-rom%27s/custom-rom-for-alcatel-918n-2-3-6-(ideasmartphone-id-918)/?action=dlattach;attach=12768

2) if you want INT2EXT on your phone i release new rom which have pre installed ext2  http://forum.gizmolord.com/custom-rom%27s/new-ics-custom-rom-for-alcatel-918n-2-3-6-%28idea-smart-phone-id-198%29-blinking-led/

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for this awesome rom... it made me feel some love to my 918N. Now my phone is very responsive, can play games without lags and looks good too. Nice work  :-bd

BUT...

I tried to flash the int2ext (through clockworkmod) but my phone hangs up during the boot process -- cm9 boot animation freeze, i waited for 20min but nothing happens so I restored again your ROM.  PLSSSS KINDLY GIVE US STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTION HOW TO INSTALL INT2EXT.

first create ext2 by using partition tool

ext2 should be 4kb cluster size and max space 928mb....

then

• install busybox.apk.
  • run the installed Busybox and tap on install u get a msg ... click ok and exit from it ....
  • reboot to recovery.
  • choose flash from zip
  • flash the "Enable INT2EXT+.zip"
  • Reboot n done.... enjoy

:-bd Thanks for great post i have now new look for my mobile and a lot of free memory but one query is memory for running services is steel less  :-S and mobile get slow after some time. Please give some solution for that.

Use AutoKiller Memory Optimizer. 

download attachment below it is pro version.

Just sharing this custom ROM for Alcatel One Touch 918N with Android versions of 2.3.6./5

custom ROM but with ICS look and feel for your Alcatel One Touch 918N phone. Enjoy!

ICS ROM for Alcatel One Touch 918N v2.3.6 – Screenshots

Here’s the screenshots first:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy!

askhideki.com/custom-rom-for-alcatel-one-touch-918n-v2-3-6-ics-modOriginal Resource is here....

Do  you have any ideas if it works on an simple OT-918?(orange Pasadena) cuz i hate the classic rom :wink::-?

//don't quote large post

navratn123

• 2 weeks later...