Creating Default Icon Theme From Any Theme

shenlone

I need to know how to create a default-icon theme from any theme. Also the 'created' theme should be lighter (smaller in size). Please explain.

Open the theme via SisContents and then navigate to "Contents" tab

double click on .skn file...navigate to "application Icons"

Press Cntrl+A to select all icons...right click on it and select "delete" option

Click on "Close"

Now click on File >> Save as >> (give any name).sis/.sisx

Done :)

Open the theme via SisContents and then navigate to "Contents" tab

double click on .skn file...navigate to "application Icons"

Press Cntrl+A to select all icons...right click on it and select "delete" option

Click on "Close"

Now click on File >> Save as >> (give any name).sis/.sisx

Done :)

Thanx brother, i already know this method. The thing is that this doesn't reduce the size of the theme significantly like it should. Anyways, thanx for helping

so the theme might be having custom wall or other graphic part !!

Yes off course, other graphic parts are present but is that what makes themes so bulky? I mean when a theme-maker makes a theme with custom icons and default icons, there's a huge difference between their sizes. I mean everything else is same in the two versions, the only difference being presence of custom icons in one theme. I think when we 'delete' the icons from *.skn file, they're not actually deleted from the theme since skn file keeps only the info about various components of the theme. Maybe we need to delete icons from .mif file but unfortunately, "one by one"

Yes off course, other graphic parts are present but is that what makes themes so bulky? I mean when a theme-maker makes a theme with custom icons and default icons, there's a huge difference between their sizes. I mean everything else is same in the two versions, the only difference being presence of custom icons in one theme. I think when we 'delete' the icons from *.skn file, they're not actually deleted from the theme since skn file keeps only the info about various components of the theme. Maybe we need to delete icons from .mif file but unfortunately, "one by one"

yup, just see the entry numbers in .skn file and delete those entries from the .mif file of that theme !!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...