[Trick] Speedup Tata Photon Plus

hackrishna

Tata Photon Plus is actually an upgraded version of Photon Whiz, which offered 150kbps. Tata Photon Plus uses EVDO Rev.0 technology (3G). Tata Photon+ promises to offer a Speed of 3.1 Mbps which they never made :)). I recently came to know that it doesn't not mean you get 3.1 Megabytes of data in a second. But it is mega bits per second, which means you may get 3.1/8= 0.387 megabytes per second of data or 387 Kbps data on the peak rate. But in actual conditions it doesn't happen. You may get 1.5 - 2 Mbps speed in practice. The browsing/downloading speed of Photon Plus depends on multiple factors like the accessing area’s distance from the tower, time of the day, number of simultaneous users etc.

I was using it since last month and used to get a Speed upto 30-60Kbps until i came to know about this Optimizing Trick and it Worked  <:-P

Method:

* Download TCP Optimizer (http://www.speedguide.net/files/TCPOptimizer.exe). Then Install :P

* Open TCP optimizer. In General settings, Move slider to 2000kbps and select 'Optimal settings' at bottom, then click 'Apply changes' and restart you system.

Posted Image

* Try different connection speeds with software until you get better speed (you will get it in 3-4 tries).

> Use IDM(Internet Download Manager) or IDA(Internet Download Accelerator) for Downloading with Photon+ if and only if you are on an Unlimited Plan  :P

> DNS address (in case if Default Optimizer settings don't work): 208.67.222.222

> Optimizer may change your Existing Network Connection settings.

> Dont play with other settings on the Optimizer App unless you are a Pro  :P

+1 if you Found anything Useful  :D Thank You for Reading  :)

• 3 weeks later...

@Hackrishna.. First of all you are having all the troubles with Bytes and Bits.. Small letter 'b' represents bits and 'B' represents Bytes. 3.1Mbps is the max. download speed.. ie 3.1mega bits per second. Why you are dividing it again and again.:) and 3.1mbps is not equal tp 387kbps, it is 387kBps!!(387X8=3096kbps=3.1Mbps!) It seems you are trying to achieve unlock windows reserved bandwidth which is by default  kept for windows update etc by microsoft. Guess it wont have much effect on your download speed.

@Hackrishna..

First of all you are having all the troubles with Bytes and Bits..

Small letter 'b' represents bits and 'B' represents Bytes.

3.1Mbps is the max. download speed.. ie 3.1mega bits per second.

Why you are dividing it again and again.:)

and 3.1mbps is not equal tp 387kbps, it is 387kBps!!(387X8=3096kbps=3.1Mbps!)

It seems you are trying to achieve unlock windows reserved bandwidth which is

by default  kept for windows update etc by microsoft. Guess it wont have much

effect on your download speed.

=)) =)) =)) Seriously, i know Bytes n Bits, just didn't bother to mention those capital letters in the respective fields  :))

n heyy i posted what i knew .... But thanks you made it more Clear +1 :)

BSNL EVDO-

:)3.1mbps Max Download speed,

:)1.8mbps max upload speed.

:)Zero Roaming Charges

Absolutely unlimited, no speed restriction..

Where EVDO coverage not there, you will get 153.6kbps max speed.

ALL these for JUST 750 per month !!!

Are you sure ...? Is it available in Mumbai, i never heard or saw that  :-/

I will give you an other interesting information...The EVDO Service (Technology used in Tata Photo + etc) was first launched by BSNL and that too almost 1.5years before the early next follower!!! Sad to say, BSNL promotion policy is such poor, the youth never came to know such a service Existed in India !!! Even the 3G, 4G-WiMAX etc is pioneered by BSNL that too almost 2yrs ahead of other players... They offer the services with cheapest of tariff as well.. Its always advisable to checkout BSNL Tariff/ Service before deciding a product you gonna buy. Most of the people would agree to this fact.

I will give you an other interesting information...The EVDO Service (Technology used in Tata Photo + etc) was first launched by BSNL

and that too almost 1.5years before the early next follower!!!

Sad to say, BSNL promotion policy is such poor, the youth never came to know such a service Existed in India !!!

Even the 3G, 4G-WiMAX etc is pioneered by BSNL that too almost 2yrs ahead of other players...

They offer the services with cheapest of tariff as well..

Its always advisable to checkout BSNL Tariff/ Service before deciding a product you gonna buy.

Most of the people would agree to this fact.

:-O OMG ..... i used MTNL till they introduced 3G, but thinking abt the cost at that time, i jumped to Tata Docomo and now landed on Aircel  :D

Thanks alot for such a valuable info :) +1 for you