CFW:Help needed for auto installation and auto startup app after flash\hardreset

cool100

Hey I have E72  with firmware v91 I m getting problem to setup auto installation of my own choice applications after flash (here m using Auto silent installer by PHNT – if u don’t knw about this u can Google it).  And second m also facing problem to auto start applications after flash (here m modifying starter_non_critical_1.rsc ) I simply extract this file from my  firmware CORE file and then edit it for those applications that I have manually drag n drop in ROFS2 extract files.. after edit the starter_non_critical_1.rsc I  put in ROFS2 folder. And here one thing I wana tell u that my E72 original firmware doesn’t have starter_non_critical_1.rsc file in ROFS2 folder. I get this file from CORE and then edit it and after edit I simply put in ROFS2 . In one case I edit starter_non_critical_1.rsc  in CORE file and didn’t put in ROFS2 and repack CORE with edit starter_non_critical_1.rsc  file  but after flash same result I got. on startup after showing phone menu phon hang. In both case i m failed to achieve my target. My requirement I wana Two applications put in Z and makes it auto run after flash\hard reset. (by simply drag n drop in extract ROFS2 files or  with help of any auto installer that auto install both sis packages from Z to C  after flash or hard reset.)  When I edit starter_non_critical_1.rsc    and flash my phone then phone get start and show main menu and then goes stuck . On struck point  the reason is that phone own processes cant run and all processes shows in phone running application menu means that all processes r in queue for run but non of process run and goes inhang condintn until i restart it. and after restart same problem . I do many tries with reformat and even hard reset but same problem. i m waiting for ur replies to solve this isue.

yiu can try PNHT autoinstaller....... and you have to edit background_starter.rsc and add AI.exe in place of any entry ........

i m using PNHT autoinstaller but m getting same result after flash when i restart phone its goes struck n hang .

and my E72 v91 firmware dont have background_starter.rsc  in CORE or ROFS2 . 

In that case you have to modify the sis file of the app you are installing accordingly .  See here http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Discussion/showthread.php?151303-How-to-set-Auto-Start-application-in-symbian-application-for-E61-Device

i dont hav much knowledge about symbain coding or programing.

can u tell me when we install some orignal firmware and after first time boot the phone start to install aplications automatically( for example Lotus mail application etc ). then here we can simply replace firmware auto install applications witih own applications. but my E72 orignal firmware doesnt auto install any application after first boot. although my E72 orignal firmware have Lotus mail sis pakage in ROFS2 but it doesnt auto instal in orignal firmware after first boot .  but  the same thing i notic that in my friend mobile (nokia e63)  his orignal firmware have lotus mail and after first boot its start installing lotus mail automatically.

and i need same function in my E72..... butt howwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww?

i dont hav much knowledge about symbain coding or programing.

can u tell me when we install some orignal firmware and after first time boot the phone start to install aplications automatically( for example Lotus mail application etc ). then here we can simply replace firmware auto install applications witih own applications. but my E72 orignal firmware doesnt auto install any application after first boot. although my E72 orignal firmware have Lotus mail sis pakage in ROFS2 but it doesnt auto instal in orignal firmware after first boot .  but  the same thing i notic that in my friend mobile (nokia e63)  his orignal firmware have lotus mail and after first boot its start installing lotus mail automatically.

and i need same function in my E72..... butt howwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww?

Hmm.  I have no idea on e72 and e63 devices very frankly.  I know how you can do it in s60v5 but not in symbian os for e63,e72.  On the other hand, you can search for apps which provide a similar functionality like " auto sisinstaller ". I can't provide you the download links as per forum rules of not sharing warez, but you can do it that way . Hopefully it helps. :)