[IOS] create your own free ring tone out of any song.

frriction

Launch QuickTime Player and use it to open the desired audio or video file that you want to turn into a ringtone

With the audio or movie file is in QuickTime, hit Command+T or pull down the “Edit” menu to activate the Trim function and trim the clip to 30 seconds or less, use the sliders to select the portion of audio to use as the ringtone, then hit the yellow “Trim” button when done

Posted Image

Now pull down the “File” menu and choose “Export”, selecting “Audio Only” as the Format type, and set the Desktop as the save location, then click “Export”

Posted Image

Next, go to the desktop to find your ringtone, and rename the .m4a file extension to .m4r, confirm the change

Posted Image

Double-click yourfile.m4r to open it in iTunes, where you’ll find it under the “Library” section within “Tones”

Connect the iPhone to the computer via USB and drag & drop the ringtone from the Tones folder to the iPhone

Posted Image

I think quicktime windows should have same features, can some try and reply here. If quick time method does not work than I will post another tutorial which should work under windows. This method is much faster than alternate method, so please someone reply with you experience under windows using quicktime.

I think quicktime windows should have same features, can some try and reply here.

If quick time method does not work than I will post another tutorial which should work under windows.

This method is much faster than alternate method, so please someone reply with you experience under windows using quicktime.

instead u can simply do it with itunes

• 2 months later...