Okay there are ample No. of Tutorials available to install windows 7 but this tutorial will let you know that how to install windows 7 under different situations and restrictions .....
There are many ways what we will be covering are :-
1.Simple windows 7 installation with a DVD ..
2.Simple windows installation with USB ( 2 ways will be covered in this subject)
3.When your keyboard doesn't work in boot menu..
4.When You want to install windows via usb for some reason and you have no operating system installed in system!!
5.Common methods to access some tools which are in windows disk itself and maybe useful for you!!
6.Install windows on an external HDD and use it as a portable disk!!
So lets start guys
WINDOWS 7 INSTALLATION WITH DVD
==> Insert Windows 7 DVD in your disk at system startup itself!!
( Make sure its enabled in your bios to boot optical drives
A screen of loading files will be shown followed by windows loading signature
Select your language, time & currency format, keyboard or input method and click Next.
For now Click Install now.
Accept the Terms and agreement of MS
Click Upgrade if you already have a previous Windows version or Custom (advanced) if you don’t have a previous Windows version or want to install a fresh copy of Windows 7.
**Skip this step if you are upgrading**
Now since you selected custom you can see the partition table!! To make partitions just click on advance drive options and make appropriate changes!!
It will now start installing Windows 7. The first step, (i.e. Copying Windows files) was already done when you booted the Windows 7 DVD so it will complete instantly.
After completing the first step, it will expand (decompress) the files that it had copied.
The third and fourth step will also complete instantly like the first step.
After that it will automatically restart after 15 seconds and continue the setup. You can also click Restart now to restart without any delays.
Now in this reboot There will be again same option to press any key to boot from DVD --Don't press any key here than you'll see something similar to this!!
After restarting for the first time, it will continue the setup. This is the last step so it will take the most time than the previous steps.
It will now automatically restart again and continue the setup. You can click Restart now to restart without any delays.
Now you can take your DVD out
You will see the windows boot now
Type your desired user name in the text-box and click Next. It will automatically fill up the computer name.
If you want to set a password, type it in the text-boxes and click Next.
Type your product key in the text-box and click Next. You can also skip this step and simply click Next if you want to type the product key later. Windows will run only for 30 days if you do that.
Select your desired option for Windows Updates
Select your time and click Next.
If you are connected to any network, it will ask you to set the network’s location.
Hurry you just completed windows 7 installation If you faced any problems read hte furthur post too and still if you have than just comment
Now We forward to next method of installing!!Install windows 7 via USB
This method has 2 ways 1 is by using the MS tool to make USB bootable 2nd method is to manually make the USB bootable using CMD...After we are done you need to follow the above tutorial to install windows
( Make sure you have USB boot enabled in your bios )
With MS Tool
Hey folks, I have found a much easier way to install Windows 7 from a USB Flash Drive.
So, here goes the detailed procedure:
First download microsoft tool provided at the end of this post.Requirements:
Microsoft USB/DVD Download Tool(provided), Windows 7 ISO and a computer…STEPS:
1. Install the tool.
2.Then open it …
3.It will look like this…BRowse the Windows 7 ISO from the Browse button..
4.It will look like this something ….
5.Click on Next.
6.SElect USB DEVICE button..
7.Then it will show USB devices available and select your usb device like in my case ‘Multiboot M:’ is the device…
8.Click on Begin Copying..
9.Now if it shows this Click on Erase USB Device(this will format the device)..
10.After it will format the disc…It will look like this..
11.You are almost done. Now copying will begin …
12. After copying you are Done…Reboot Pc and begin installation
(Note: make sure you made usb priority in bios)
Download MS usb/dvd tool You are not allowed to view links.
Register or LoginUsing Command prompt
Its a quite easy guide : just see screens and do as directed
In photos text highlited with white is commands we typed and red is output we gotRequirements:
A usb stick of minimum 4gb
2.Windows 7 or Windows 8 installation files.Procedure:
1. Plug-in your USB flash drive to USB port and move all the contents from USB drive to a safe location on your system.
2.Open cmd as admin rights
click on start>run>(type)CMD
First type DISKPART and hit enter to see the below message.
Next type LIST DISK
command and note down the Disk number (ex: Disk 1) of your USB flash drive. In the below screenshot my Flash Drive Disk no is Disk 1.
4. Next type all the below commands one by one. Here I assume that your disk drive no is “Disk 1
”.If you have Disk 2 as your USB flash drive then use Disk 2.Refer the above step to confirm it.
So below are the commands you need to type and execute one by one:SELECT DISK 1
CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY
SELECT PARTITION 1
(Format process may take few seconds)
Don’t close the command prompt as we need to execute one more command at the next step. Just minimize it.
5. Next insert your Windows7/Windows 8 DVD into the optical drive and check the drive letter of the DVD drive. In this guide I will assume that your DVD drive letter is “E:” and USB drive letter is “H:
” (open my computer to know about it).
6. Maximize the minimized Command Prompt in the 4th step.Type the following command now:E: CD BOOT
and hit enter.Where “E” is your DVD drive letter.CD BOOT
and hit enter to see the below message.
Type another code in CMdBOOTSECT.EXE /NT60 H:
Where “H” is your USB drive letter. Once you enter the above command you will see the below message.
8. Copy your Windows 7 or Windows 8 DVD contents to the USB flash drive.
boot pc and install
IF still any doubts ask in comments below
Now we will cover the third method...Actually i myself got suffered by this weird motherboard problem and hence found a unique solution this can be said as CrackUC's Exclusive way!!
You a screen saying "press any key to boot from DVD....." What was my problem is my keyboard never used to work there and hence the setup prompt goes away!!
Here too you have 2 ways to acompolish this task!
1. Make a bootable USB of windows 7 by any of the method above written and you will see in USB it never asks the prompt..For this yes you need a system maybe you take your friends help or go to some cyber cafe!!
2.What you need to do to skip this menu is boot the system and go to bios ..Just don't do anything there now take out the sata cable of your HDD ...Than don't make any changes in bios and quit it!! Now you'll see windows prompt doesn't appear this is beacuse no HDD is found and hence it boots the DVD directly !! Be quick here just u saw the screen windows loading files!!
Replug the sata cable so as partition table shows the HDD ...Isn't it cool way?
Now another method we will cover is to install windows 7 on a portable HDD or a pendrive!! this is very cool to carry windows in pocket and boot where ever you want to! You can access all windows features So no tension !!
INSTALLING WINDOWS ON A PORTABLE HDD
While one can install Windows 7 from an external hard drive or USB, one can’t install the same to an external hard drive. For all those users waiting for a workaround to install Vista, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 to an external hard drive, here is a complete solution.
Even though Windows recognizes and displays the USB hard drive in the installation screen, it doesn’t allow you install Windows on the same. So, if you want to install Windows 7 on an external hard drive you need to follow the steps given below.
The procedure is simple but you need to install Windows Automated Installation Kit first to get some files.
# An external hard drive formatted with NTFS
# Windows 7 installation files (if you have Windows 7 ISO use Virtual Clone Drive freeware to mount it)
# Windows Automated Installation Kit (free download from Microsoft)
1. Create two folders named Windows Files and WAIK Files on your desktop or any other drive which has a minimum of 5 GB free space.
( This can be made in ur disk drives too!! )
2. Download the ZIP file from You are not allowed to view links.
Register or Login
and extract the contents to WAIK Files folder. Before starting the actual installation procedure, you need to have three files: Bcdboot.exe, Bootsect.exe and Imgex.exe. These files can only be obtained by installing Windows Automated Installation Kit for Windows 7 on your Windows PC. After installing WAIK, simply search for these files in the Windows installation drive to get them. Once you have these three files, copy them to WAIK Files folder that you have created in the above step.
3. Copy all the contents of Windows 7 installation DVD to the Windows Files folder.
4. The next step is to run Installer.cmd file as Administrator (Right-click on installer.cmd and select run as administrator). In the first screen, you will be asked to press Enter to continue.
5. Press Enter key to browse to the install.wim file present in the Windows Files folder. The Install.wim file can be found under Sources folder (Windows Files/ Sources/ install.wim).
6. Now, you need to select the Windows 7 edition that you want to install on external hard drive. You can select the edition by entering the index number shown in the screen. For example, type “5″ (without quote) and hit Enter key to select Ultimate edition.
7. The next step is to enter your External drive’s drive letter. Enter the drive letter (ex: L) and press Enter key.
8. Now, type in the drive letter of your ACTIVE partition and hit Enter key. Generally “C” is the active partition. You can find the active partition by opening Windows Disk Management tool (type diskmgmt.msc in Start menu search area and hit enter to launch it).
9. Finally, the installer will ask you the drive letter that you have entered to install Windows 7 is a USB hard drive or not. As you are installing Windows 7 to an external hard drive simply type “Y” without quote and press Enter key.
Finally click Enter key again to start extracting the Install.wim files. This might take a few minutes. Once done, you will be asked to reboot your PC to continue the normal Windows 7 installation procedure.
10. Reboot your PC and follow the usual Windows 7 installation procedure to complete Windows 7 installation on external hard drive. Your PC will be restarted twice or thrice during installation.
Please note that the installation procedure might be slower as you are installing Windows 7 to an external hard drive.
11. Once done with the installation, you are good to go. You can install all drivers and other software to start using the best Windows version on your PC.
I know WAIK files are big but you ought to install them!!
Now last but not least i'll share some tricks to get some tools which are in windows itself and maybe they help you sometime!!Tips and suggestions
==>Okay sometimes you have a linux distro and want to install windows via Pd and you need a command prompt to make USB bootable so what you need is just boot windows 7 installation disk go to repair computer since no windows is installed it will give an error ignore it
and click on image recovery!! Than click on next and there you'll see a button cancel! when you'll click on cancel you'll be redirected to the tools page which comes when windows appears!! you can use command prompt to do all stuff
==>Sometimes you need a file manager at time itself and don't want to restart so same go to image recover select load drivers buttona nd than click on ok!! There you'll see an file manager you can copy files and paste in different locations and all !!
Thanks for reading the full post hope you liked it