Firmware Updates for 5800(60.0.003) & 5530(40.0.003)& now X6(v40.0.002) too..

Tristar

For all those who have 5800 & 5530 a new firmware has been release v60.0.003 & 40.0.003 respectively

5800 v60.0.003 & 5530 v40.0.003 Change logs [unofficial] :

Symbian Anna browser v7.3.1.33

Nokia Maps 3.06

Supports International Domain Names (IDNs)

Supports non-ASCII letters as Arabic or Chinese

Gives better overall browsing experience

Nokia X6 has finally joint its family with the update to v40.0.002 :D [edited 11/8/2011]

Info taken from here 5800 & 5530

nokia X6 added to the list of updates.

Hi Guys...

Wanna try the new firmware V60 for 5800.....  :-h

Download the firmware from the link below  ;)

Here

Its working 100% tested!!

welcome, thanks for the details bro, don't have a 5530 or 5800 to check. When x6 firmware update releases i will check properly. And i wonder when would they ever implement smileys....

They are not really concerned with providing support to older devices. The Q3 results are out and the company is again at loss from the Q2 results. Nokia is sinking and is coming to an end literally. The only hope to Nokia is its Windows based phones which they gonna release in near future. If it fails to impress the consumers, then Nokia will have to step out of mobile market.

yea i read on the losses part, this is a real setback for Nokia... While Nokia stepped out for a smoke IOS & Android came and took over the market...

Nokia has the ability to rule the mobile market. But they are not interested in it I suppose... Providing regular updates to phones are necessary to gain customer satisfaction. Android devices do release the whole new platform of its update for its phones. Even iOS do the same..they recently released iOS-5 for their devices.

Also, they dont think and act..a high end phone like N8 is just given 256Mb Ram..and a new to launch s40 device has been given 1Ghz processor ?? Are they crazy to provide 1Ghz to s40 device just to play some java games ?? :-/

Nokia really gone nuts.

They partnered with microsoft with only the target as the huge partnership deal in monetary terms.

yup they surely don't seemed to be interested with the customer satisfaction these days. If Nokia doesn't come up with better ideas and phones, my next phones is surely gonna be an Android or Iphone....

Its been in news that Windows phone by Nokia would be really cheaper....at about $200

Near about 10k INR

hah true, and we can modify them to our liking, plus until they release an update with the smileys i doubt it'll be worth it :P cause the belle web browser was already ported from c6 b4 the update

lol, yeah. . .stupid nokia

i expect only one worthy update from nokia: belle like UI (not belle functions)

this should be implied by nokia. . .the UI reduces the top and bottom margins of our phones currently making it look more elegant and eye candy :)

lol, yeah. . .stupid nokia

i expect only one worthy update from nokia: belle like UI (not belle functions)

this should be implied by nokia. . .the UI reduces the top and bottom margins of our phones currently making it look more elegant and eye candy :)

God Knows when tht will happen..........looks like we dindt pay much for our Phones to get regular updates :D

Its been in news that Windows phone by Nokia would be really cheaper....at about $200

Near about 10k INR

Not around 200$ impossible buddy :D

• 2 weeks later...