Is Symbian Open-source?

Guest prayaas1998

Sorry for tooo many questions, but I have another question. :D

What is the interface of Symbian^3 called?

And is Symbian^3, Symbian OS 9.5 or what?

No the entire Symbian^3 is not Symbian OS 9.5. Only Symbian Anna is Symbian 9.5. Symbian Belle is Symbian OS 10.1.

And about the user interface of S^3, i dont know what its called. Upto Symbian 9.4 the OS used the same type of UI which they called S60 but was later renamed to AVKON. But Symbian Anna onwards they have written the UI using QT and not symbian C++. So it should have a different name which definitely wont be S60 but i dont know what the name is.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if nothing can be done then why r all hiding ittt

why not openly posting

See Bro Itz requires heavy coding and infinite free time,android dev get heavy Donations and Appreciations for their work,so they spend so much time...Pnht team got 10-13 Euros for their Porting....Thtz many times less then the price they have paid for reviving their phones after they got bricked while Porting :|

nothing much can be done with this source code.....CodeRus did explained it well and informed everyone out there.

yeah PM me tooo the link :P

See Bro Itz requires heavy coding and infinite free time,android dev get heavy Donations and Appreciations for their work,so they spend so much time...Pnht team got 10-13 Euros for their Porting....Thtz many times less then the price they have paid for reviving their phones after they got bricked while Porting :|

yeah PM me tooo the link :P

i thought ur doing for hobby.

but its really nessary to keep our platform alive

i thought ur doing for hobby.

but its really nessary to keep our platform alive

Ofcourse they do for others,but phone get bricked many times during Porting and u tend to spend more for Just repairing....This doesnt look fine!! If it wasnt for hobby why would Coderus care uploading 13Gigs of data...Itz for others with Extraordinary skills,Like Szakalit,Adonix,Coderus,Marco Bellino,rem_dm,etc... Most People dont want to learn..Now People search for mods,rather thinking how they can make it..Earlier People used to work for Mods,get mad until Coderus came with Cenrep...Now People say this is my mod,Mention credits and suck brains!!

Since new guys dont want to work,they just want others to work and then they Say we want this and that,Creators do and upload is just hobby and fun....

You need below files to compile any source code. Carbide C++ - ( Nokia Carbide Page ) Symbian^3 SDK - ( Symbian^3 SDK v1.0 ) ActivePerl -  ( ActivePerl-5.6.1.635 ) compiler - ( RVCT 2.2.616 )  ARM RealView Development Suite  600 MB  ( http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=769291 ) The total file size will be about  15 GB. Some of the symbian files available in the below URL http://en.sourceforge.jp/projects/sfnet_symbiandump/releases/?fulllist=1 I have downloaded all and sucessfully installed and just compiiled one basic Hello word .sis demo project  month ago. Still a long way to go to get it understand and to implement. Requires lot of time and patience to solve a small problems.

You need below files to compile any source code.

Carbide C++ - ( Nokia Carbide Page )

Symbian^3 SDK - ( Symbian^3 SDK v1.0 )

ActivePerl -  ( ActivePerl-5.6.1.635 )

compiler - ( RVCT 2.2.616 )  ARM RealView Development Suite  600 MB  ( http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=769291 )

The total file size will be about  15 GB.

Some of the symbian files available in the below URL

http://en.sourceforge.jp/projects/sfnet_symbiandump/releases/?fulllist=1

I have downloaded all and sucessfully installed and just compiiled one basic Hello word .sis demo project  month ago.

Still a long way to go to get it understand and to implement.

Requires lot of time and patience to solve a small problems.

best of luck bro.