Are extended batteries reliable for a smartphone

navratn123

Extended batteries are a boon for the smartphone users who complain of frequent drain of their battery on high usage.  The modern smartphones running on these power packed os'es consume battery fast , and this is where extended batteries play their role. But with these advantages, we also face certain limitations with these extended batteries, few of them primarily being 1) overheating of phones 2) chances of explosion if incompatible batteries are used. 3) The battery wear is a frequent issue in such batteries. 4) They are pretty expensive 5) Increase the weight of your phone considerably 6) Increase the thickness of your sleek phone 7) Charging takes a longer time :P  (Point courtesy : Arya ) :P

Smartphones, they really lack in battery backup, i agree it depends on the way you use it... I got Galaxy Note, with DataOn/WIFI i can oly take it for 15hours, not more than that!! So here the extended battery are the best option. When it comes to purchasing extended battery should choose a branded and which are made of quality Cells inside them, failing which you might risk your phone , as we already seen S3 burning when used a cheap battery. So it all depends on the product, its really good when you use a genuine item instead of cheap battery made of cheap raw materials.

Now a days battery being the major problem to the smartphone users smartphone does everything but battery performance plays major role here. Well it also depends upon the usage.even I m disappointed with Battery backup of my nexus 4 using 2100mah battery which average performance.for this problem we have extended batteries available in the market which can help users to extend the battery performance by 4x but we must be aware while using this,these cab be dangerous in many situations they may explode due to overheating and etc using an branded and genuine battery will be safe to extend the battery performance.

Well, these days, smartphones have quad or octa core processors having less thickness and hence have small batteries due to which phones dry out very quickly.. Having extra battery is really a boon for smartphone users but it has own cons like : 1. Phone looks ugly :P 2. The charging time is very high, so if you in hurry you can't charge the battery 3. Phone becomes heavy and difficult to handle 4. Heating issues So, having an extra battery is good, but it  should be used considering its disadvantages, otherwise it can become very hectic  :wink:

You have quoted the solution :P

I don't get you there . What did you mean by quoting the solution ?? Putting it on charge overnight ?? If that's what you consider as solution, then no,  my point was rapid charging innovation should be there in these extended batteries, so your battery gets charged faster but lasts longer ;)

I don't get you there . What did you mean by quoting the solution ?? Putting it on charge overnight ?? If that's what you consider as solution, then no,  my point was rapid charging innovation should be there in these extended batteries, so your battery gets charged faster but lasts longer ;)

But Li-ion batteries are like long charging time = long lasting time.. I read it somewhere.. :P