Building my own CFW

I want to make my 1st cfw based on ofw for nokia 5233. I repartitioned the core and rofs2 using the ULTIMATE tutorial, with the following results: CORE=1 mb ROFS3=0.5 mb ROFS2=117.75 mb I want to ask that if I merged rofs1,rofs2,rofs3 files into the rofs2... will the cfw work?? also, what to do with the UDA? It must be blank to get more space in the C: Drive... But I found that there are some files in the private, sys and resource folders... which I am not sure of deleting... Can some one help me? I also want to change the landscape menu arrangement to 6x2, I need the files.... Can some one tell me, how to change the default icons in the menu, I mean include my own icon set? I also want to ask how to change the homescreen... Is it possible?

I want to make my 1st cfw based on ofw for nokia 5233.

I repartitioned the core and rofs2 using the ULTIMATE tutorial, with the following results:

CORE=1 mb

ROFS3=0.5 mb

ROFS2=117.75 mb

I want to ask that if I merged rofs1,rofs2,rofs3 files into the rofs2... will the cfw work??

Yes , it will work!  Just make sure you don't exceed the maximum size limit of your rofs2 ! You can have a look here  for further information on how to create your custom firmware.

also, what to do with the UDA? It must be blank to get more space in the C: Drive... But I found that there are some files in the private, sys and resource folders... which I am not sure of deleting... Can some one help me?

Removing files from uda will only remove the extra addon non-system apps which are installed on the phone, like Shazam, etc.  Removing them will do no harm . 

You can remove the apps you don't want from both uda and rofs2 using Nokia Firmware Cleaner

I also want to change the landscape menu arrangement to 6x2, I need the files....

For landscape menu arrangement , look here

Can some one tell me, how to change the default icons in the menu, I mean include my own icon set?

It's a rather painful and very long process.  I strongly suggest you against it. Instead you can create a new theme with custom icons and use it as your default theme. See the cenrep mods here

I also want to ask how to change the homescreen... Is it possible?

By modding starter files, you can get any other app to run at boot instead of default homescreen . Look here

Hope that helps ! ;)

Another tip , Please look around in the forum or use google atleast once .  Most of the questions you have asked ,are already answered ;)

• 2 weeks later...

someone pls tell me how do i remove files like ovi store, ovi sync, msg reader, help, dictionary and other apps from any cfw? i have downloaded the GD v2 but i do not these apps. pls tell m hw to remove them. i've already tried nfe and sis editor but they r of no use. pls tell m a working method. i m using nokia 5800

someone pls tell me how do i remove files like ovi store, ovi sync, msg reader, help, dictionary and other apps from any cfw? i have downloaded the GD v2 but i do not these apps. pls tell m hw to remove them. i've already tried nfe and sis editor but they r of no use. pls tell m a working method. i m using nokia 5800