Nokia 5230/5233 (RELEASED)| RockStar Belle v7 |5233/5800/5530/n97/x6/c6 |PAUSED

Which Custom Firmware do like best?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Which Custom Firmware do like best?

• Skyfire Belle 2.1 (latest as of now)
    • Skyfire Redefined (latest as of now)
    • Linspirat LTS v2
    • PalikOn
    • Blaze (all versions)
    • GingerDust (all versions)
    • RockStar V7 (this one)
    • Others.... if so comment which one!!!

how to change default (nokia) booting screen in this cfw?

Hi the default nokia theme is there to make it more symbian belle.

but since you asked... i would suggest you have a look in E drive for a boot folder or C  drive for the folder.....

Use Xplore or other filebrowser to see the folders....also turn on the Open4All patch in rompatcher to get access to other folders to see..

if that doesnt work download Nokia Firmware Editor and open the rofs2 file then extract see if you can find the boot folder withthe startup.gif file and shutdown files with mp3 files...

I AM SORRY I DO NOT HAVE A NOKIA 5233 or COMPATIBLE PHONE TO RUN THIS CFW SO YOU WILL HAVE TO FIND IT.

I have looked on that tutorial lots of times but can not find anything in there about porting so can you please show me?

the simple way to port is just to extract the rofs2 of the cfw and move it to your rofs2...............it works.....but has a lot of bugs.......

i .....tried the port and flashed with my phone.......it worked.........with  many bugs.......eg.my charging indicator keeps on glowing....and there are many..............

i flashed back with my old cfw....and recoveres

thanks., hmm. I know that trick, but there is no other way to edit the mif files or anything to increase the height of the top bar? I tried to edit the top bar for many time but result was same? even when i tried it with bigger top bar image in the mif file\entry01.svg but the result was same. dnt knw what to do.

• 3 weeks later...

HELLO GUYS:

IMPORTANT NEWS!:

I would like to say some things:

1) Thanks for javthrjar (is that rigtht?) for answering question many peolpe have and bugs people face, so thanks on your behalf..as a rewards +1.

2) Thanks on behalf of everyone at Gizmolord™ for staying and trying to be active (keep on being active).

3) Every Symbian forum is drying up (there is no more new posts now) so i think i will be the major contributor from now on to this forum especially so if anyone care to join me please do, every coming week end i will do a review on a specific cfw and then i will do a top 20 cfw of all time!

THANKS FOR YOUR ATTENTION AND THANK YOU FOR BEING WITH GIZMOLORD!

(p.s. we are not leaving)

• 3 weeks later...

gakhar use the latest version of UC Browser  OR use any version of UC Browser. I dislike UC Browser since it loads up pages incorrectly, i use Opera Browser ( Full version, NOT Opera Mini). IT IS YOUR CHOICE.

hey, ya you are right i use uc browser only for facebook ,search or downloading. it's best for downloading,beter than opera and nokia browser.

and thanks ,will try opera browser also as i am using opera mini presently..... :-?

• 4 weeks later...