[Galaxy Y]Hyperion 8 - Hyperion Project 2013 - Discontinued - But the best !

shivam94

All the credits for this wonderful rom goes to CarlDeanCatabay!

I have been personally using this rom for the past week and I would certainly say that this is the best rom for galaxy y IMO.  No lags, no bugs , Very very smooth.  Infact , so smooth that lumia 610 with wp7 felt slightly laggy in comparison to galaxy y with launcher 8 installed on it.  The battery life is very good.  No complains.  Performance is great.  So what are you waiting for ?  Let's get started with flashing Hyperion 8 on your galaxy y :D

Screenshots :

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Screenshots with my customised launcher 8 :

Posted ImagePosted Image

For more screenshots, go here :  Click here!

Pre-requisites :

1) Stock rom

2) Odin

3) CWM.zip file - Click here! [Transfer it to SD card root]

4) Hyperion 8  - Click here! [Transfer it to SD card root]

Instructions for installing :

1) Backup your data using appropriate methods

2) Flash stock rom using Odin.  (This step is mandatory if you are on a custom rom)

3) After installing stock rom, boot into recovery by "Press and hold the Volume Up + Home and Power buttons until you see the Samsung Galaxy Y logo"

4) Use the Volume Up and Down buttons to highlight the apply update from sd card option and press the Home button to select it.

5) Locate the CWM.zip file you copied above and press the Home button to flash it.

You should see ClockworkMod Recovery load after successfully flashing the zip file!!

6) Then select wipe data option and then wipe cache. Then go to advanced and select wipe dalvik cache option

7) Then go back to the main cwm menu and select "mounts and storage" option. Mount all the options available like system, sd-card, sd-ext and so forth :P

8) Go back to main cwm menu and click "apply update from sd card", select your hyperion rom zip file and flash .

9) After installing, click reboot recovery. That's all !

For more tunings, settings and detailed info, visit the original thread

Original thread : Click here!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just installed this ROM. Had some minor problems with Samsung Home, but it worked flawlessly afterwards. Thank you very much :) A quick question, since the main topic is closed in xda and Carl seems to have been banned there ( :{ ), do you know if this rom uses Supercharge and/or KickAss Kernelizer (Carl created topics about them in xda, and since this rom has such a great performance, I just wanted to know :P, so maybe I can install them and get even better performance). Thank you again.

• 1 month later...

Just installed this ROM. Had some minor problems with Samsung Home, but it worked flawlessly afterwards. Thank you very much :)

A quick question, since the main topic is closed in xda and Carl seems to have been banned there ( :{ ), do you know if this rom uses Supercharge and/or KickAss Kernelizer (Carl created topics about them in xda, and since this rom has such a great performance, I just wanted to know :P, so maybe I can install them and get even better performance).

Thank you again.

Sorry , I don't seem to remember at the moment,but I suppose it was a combination of both(can't be sure though) . But this rom totally does the job for me.  Haven't looked to any other rom for the past 5 months, after using this rom :)

Thx :*

Your welcome :)